PDA

View Full Version : Sean Lowe?

RedPinStripes
05-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Where the hell is this guy now? Is he even playing in the majors? He was great as a utility pitcher for the Sox. Too bad he hasnt made it as a starter.

kittle42
05-06-2004, 03:16 AM
Much like Mike Caruso, he will always be remembered in the hearts of Sox fans and Cub haters.

doublem23
05-06-2004, 04:52 AM
MLB.com doesn't have him listed as with any team and minorleaguebaseball.com doesn't even acknowledge his existance, so it looks like he's out of the Majors or any affiliated minor league ball. Can't find any news on him signing with any independent team, either, though. He pitched last year for Kansas City, which I did not know.

thepaulbowski
05-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
MLB.com doesn't have him listed as with any team and minorleaguebaseball.com doesn't even acknowledge his existance, so it looks like he's out of the Majors or any affiliated minor league ball. Can't find any news on him signing with any independent team, either, though. He pitched last year for Kansas City, which I did not know.

One of ours guys hit a grand slam off of him last year off Kauffman Stadium. Don't remember who it was, though.

wdelaney72
05-06-2004, 10:07 AM
He did a quality job at long relief, but never had the stuff to be a starter.

Moment of silence for the career of Mike Caruso...

Thank you very much.

CubKilla
05-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
One of ours guys hit a grand slam off of him last year off Kauffman Stadium. Don't remember who it was, though.

Valentin :?:

santo=dorf
05-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski

It was Konerko. One of my favorite calls of 2003.

:hawk

"That's hit deep into leftcenter field, Beltran... on the track at the fence, jumps...."

:DJ

"Aww man."

"...and ........................makes the catch, No he does not."

"OH!"

"(screaming) YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOARRRRRRD, YES! a grand slam by Konerko."

RedPinStripes
05-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
It was Konerko. One of my favorite calls of 2003.

"That's hit deep into leftcenter field, Beltran... on the track at the fence, jumps...."

"Aww man."

"...and ........................makes the catch, No he does not."

"OH!"

"(screaming) YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOARRRRRRD, YES! a grand slam by Konerko."

LOL! I remember that .

depy48
05-06-2004, 08:10 PM
by this measure, lets take time to recognize Brian Simmons. Always liked him, and he's still a stud in my 2000MLB video game. (i would get a newer version of the game, but i have dreamcast).

danjames
05-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Brian Simmons! Yeeeeeess!!

Man, Simmons, McKay Christensen, and Mike Cameron. all the 'future' at one time or another.

I really thought Simmons would do something too, though i'll never know why.

Lowe was a terrific long man, too. It was when he got ideas of starting that the wheels began to fall off. Don't try to be something you're not.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
LOL! I remember that .

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only such incident, and in KC too. Didn't Valentin hit a granny that was almost robbed but went over?

santo=dorf
05-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only such incident, and in KC too. Didn't Valentin hit a granny that was almost robbed but went over?

Valentin hit one in the last series of the season in KC. I don't remember how close Beltran was to catching it.

doublem23
05-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by depy48
by this measure, lets take time to recognize Brian Simmons. Always liked him, and he's still a stud in my 2000MLB video game. (i would get a newer version of the game, but i have dreamcast).

My favorites were Chris Snopek and Liu Rodriguez.

Procol Harum
05-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Given the patience that Manuel and KW has had with some of the goofs on this team, they sure were awfully eager to sideline and then ditch Lowe who, as I recall was pretty popular in the clubhouse--to say nothing of always seeming to do a generally decent job on the mound. Wonder exactly what was up with that?

Randar68
05-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Given the patience that Manuel and KW has had with some of the goofs on this team, they sure were awfully eager to sideline and then ditch Lowe who, as I recall was pretty popular in the clubhouse--to say nothing of always seeming to do a generally decent job on the mound. Wonder exactly what was up with that?

He wanted to start and made it known. The Sox didn't want him as a starter. I also believe there was a blow-up between Sean and KW at some point during the season prior to being traded.

I believe that's why a few here who are close to Sean Lowe are utterly bitter and downright hateful toward KW.

Brian26
05-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Bottom line is this: Sean Lowe was a terrific guy and gave us some big innings down the stretch in 2000 when our starters were hurting. In 2001 and later with Pittsburgh, he got lit up big time. Hate to see him go, but you have to do what's best for the team.