PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* "Should Burly-mon pitch on three day's rest?" Thread


Viva Magglio
05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
So because of our current four-man rotation, we're pitching Mark Buehrle on three days' rest. That makes me a tad nervous about tonight's game.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-05-2004, 03:32 PM
would you rather have danny wright pitching? i'll take their chances with #56.

kittle42
05-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Sure. Why not? He can give up 5-7 runs just as easily on three days' rest.

poorme
05-05-2004, 03:37 PM
I vote no. Rauch pitched last night. I probably would've brought him up for one start. (not sure who's starting for Charlotte tonight).

JohnBasedowYoda
05-05-2004, 03:43 PM
He should be ok and should have a great game

chisoxjk
05-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by poorme
I vote no. Rauch pitched last night. I probably would've brought him up for one start. (not sure who's starting for Charlotte tonight).

The only problem with that is the limited number of times you can designate someone for assignment. I'd rather pitch Buehrle tonight than waste a callup.

jackbrohamer
05-05-2004, 04:05 PM
No, he hasn't pitched well lately & it's a long year.

MRKARNO
05-05-2004, 04:09 PM
This is somewhat of a statement game because your ace should be able to pitch on three days rest and Buehrle is considered to be our ace. I say it's fine especially if we have him on the low pitch count limit (80s hopefully).

rmusacch
05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
would you rather have danny wright pitching? i'll take their chances with #56.

Why not give Cotts a start?

Tekijawa
05-05-2004, 04:15 PM
I think it also has to do with the fact that it sets up the 4 man rotation to where the Twins would face our 3 best pitchers... Just a thought, but I'm pretty sure that this is the plan that I like the best!

Hondo
05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Why not give Cotts a start?

Remember the last time Cotts replaced Burlymon??

Ah...Memories.

Jerome
05-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Burlymon is okay, but I think Mark's nickname should really be Burly Brawl.

Viva Magglio
05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Felix Diaz?

Iwritecode
05-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I think it also has to do with the fact that it sets up the 4 man rotation to where the Twins would face our 3 best pitchers... Just a thought, but I'm pretty sure that this is the plan that I like the best!

Actually, the Twins will face Loaiza on the 13th, Burly on the 14th and whoever they make the 5th starter on the 15th...

kittle42
05-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
Sure. Why not? He can give up 5-7 runs just as easily on three days' rest.

Damn. Off by one run.