PDA

View Full Version : Why is their so much negativity ?

Thigpen Rules
05-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Im new here but I gotta say so far it's been a bummer, I mean a few of you have some great insigh, but Why is their so much negativity. We are in 1st place, we gota new good manager & everyone looks for bad things. I live in NY so the white sox fans i meet are few & far between. I was excited to find this place & talk to my fellow sox fans, but i didnt expect this.

Maybe it's a chicago thing & me being from the apple I see he glass 1/2 full ? But even Met fans around ehre are more optimistic about their team & they are garbage.

fledgedrallycap
05-05-2004, 12:33 PM
There is a certain percentage of individuals on this board or any other who would rather complain about attendance, Reinsdorf, the Cubs, or hit the panic button if someone goes 0-for-5. Just ignore them and the threads which don't focus on what is really important, the White Sox. There are more than a few people here who know thier stuff and are glad to talk baseball.

Palehose13
05-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Yup, there are plenty of "Negative Nancy's" out there, but sometimes I can be accused of having blinders on. From the posts that I have read, it seems that the people who posted negatives are getting an eyeful from a lot of people.

Last night's game sucked. Pure and simple. I am hoping that it lit a fire under their butts and they are ready to stick it to the O's tonight. :D:

Thigpen Rules
05-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
There is a certain percentage of individuals on this board or any other who would rather complain about attendance, Reinsdorf, the Cubs, or hit the panic button if someone goes 0-for-5. Just ignore them and the threads which don't focus on what is really important, the White Sox. There are more than a few people here who know thier stuff and are glad to talk baseball.

will do fledge :D:

pudge
05-05-2004, 12:53 PM
At least the Mets have been to a few World Series in recent memory, that might have something to do with it.

jabrch
05-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Last night's game sucked. Pure and simple. I am hoping that it lit a fire under their butts and they are ready to stick it to the O's tonight. :D:

And the whole game didn't really suck. Take out dransfeld's error and the game is tight - we probably win it.

There are too many people here who seem like they have never seen the ups and downs of a baseball season. You win games. You lose games.

BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THE WHITE SOX ARE IN FIRST PLACE AND ONLY A HALF A GAME BEHIND THE BEST RECORD IN THE AL.

ENJOY IT!

CHISOXFAN13
05-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
And the whole game didn't really suck. Take out dransfeld's error and the game is tight - we probably win it.

There are too many people here who seem like they have never seen the ups and downs of a baseball season. You win games. You lose games.

BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THE WHITE SOX ARE IN FIRST PLACE AND ONLY A HALF A GAME BEHIND THE BEST RECORD IN THE AL.

ENJOY IT!

I agree with most everything you say, but I'm baffled by everyone on this site that seems to think we win this game if Dransfeldt doesn't make that error.

If my math is correct, we had ONE hit in five innings against Lopez and Julio.

Hard to win with that offensive production.

That being said, we aren't going to win every ball game. If we win tonight, we win a series against a pretty decent team on the road. I'll take that all season.

Palehose13
05-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by jabrch

ENJOY IT!

Dude...I'm happy about where they are right now. You're right, the game only sucked after "the" error. I was trying to say something positive about the loss.

jabrch
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I agree with most everything you say, but I'm baffled by everyone on this site that seems to think we win this game if Dransfeldt doesn't make that error.

If my math is correct, we had ONE hit in five innings against Lopez and Julio.

Hard to win with that offensive production.

That being said, we aren't going to win every ball game. If we win tonight, we win a series against a pretty decent team on the road. I'll take that all season.

We may or may not have won the game. But we surely would have been right there in it. Had Dransfeldt made the play, that would have felt like one of those late inning games that we could have won 4-3, right?

Lip Man 1
05-05-2004, 01:52 PM
I can only speak for myself.

I'm 48 years old. I have seen one Sox World Series in my lifetime. I was four years old and remember nothing. (The first series that I can actually remember anything was 1961).

That's why I have no faith in 'waiting' for all the Sox minor leaguers to start producing, nor do I wish to wait for a new owner (which is the biggest handicap to the team right now.)

I don't know how many days I have left.

I'd be willing to bet that those who continually advocate patience are stat-geeks, in their 20's and 30's.

Give them time. If the Sox still haven't won anything by the time they are in their 40's, they'll lose that patience.

The other reason that I get extremely angry and frustrated over this organization is because they are the Chicago White Sox but have the financial philosophy and mind set like the franchise resides in Baltimore, Cleveland or San Diego.

Lip

Kadafi311
05-05-2004, 01:57 PM
The other reason that I get extremely angry and frustrated over this organization is because they are the Chicago White Sox but have the financial philosophy and mind set like the franchise resides in Baltimore, Cleveland or San Diego.

Couldn't agree more. We're a small market team playing in the 3rd largest baseball market - hooray.

poorme
05-05-2004, 02:10 PM
For me, 25 years a fan and no championship. And I don't see one on the horizon either.

chisoxmike
05-05-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't think people are being negative. I think people are proceeding with caution. It is only May. And we've seen that the Sox bullpen can't always hold a lead. And the hitting isn't always there. Granted the hitting can't score 7 runs all the time, and every team's bullpen will implode from time to time.

Lets look at the rotation:

Buerhle- Doesn't seem to be in a groove yet.
Loiaza- Hasn't been brillant like last season. He had a lucky 4-0
Garland- Still has his inning blowups, can't find the plate.
Scho- Seems to be the only one that will be consistant.
Wright- Goodbye! :smile:

But, the team shows a lot of promise, much more than they did at any point last season, and in years past.

I can't help but remember 2002 where the sweep by the Yankees that took the Sox out of first and it was all downhill after that. :whiner:

HomeFish
05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Have you studied the history of the team at all? Even just the last few years would suffice enough to give you an idea of why we might be pessimistic.

BeerHandle
05-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Thigpen Rules
Im new here but I gotta say so far it's been a bummer, I mean a few of you have some great insigh, but Why is their so much negativity. We are in 1st place, we gota new good manager & everyone looks for bad things. I live in NY so the white sox fans i meet are few & far between. I was excited to find this place & talk to my fellow sox fans, but i didnt expect this.

Maybe it's a chicago thing & me being from the apple I see he glass 1/2 full ? But even Met fans around ehre are more optimistic about their team & they are garbage.

I'm excited about the team and they way we are playing ball. I hope we can keep it going. I'm just a little down on te support at the park.

stillz
05-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Thigpen Rules
Im new here but I gotta say so far it's been a bummer.

Looking critically at one's baseball team means pointing out the flaws and talking about fixing what's wrong. We want a dominant team, a championship contender.. not the status quo.

It's cute to post "Maggs rules!" or "Isn't winning great?" but it's more constructive to chat about making the team better. That means bitching a bit. Hopefully, it's still fun banter.

nasox
05-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Thigpen, it is there, not their. I just hate it when people get these things wrong. There, their, they're. And your you're. And two, to, and too. It isn't that hard people.