PDA

View Full Version : Roeper Column.

ghostfacesox
05-05-2004, 09:34 AM
I just thought this was interesting reading this morning. Apparently this guy thinks vendors at The Cell peddle garbage and crack pipes. What the moron does not realize is that the same vendors work at both parks same union.I liked the bit about the upper deck though. Check it out the still nothsiders vs. southsiders at spankwad.com after you read Roper. :angry: http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep05.html

jackbrohamer
05-05-2004, 09:37 AM
He said what I've been hearing a lot of lately: "Unless the Cubs are actually playing the White Sox, their fans don't really care about the Sox and their fans."

The Flub fans I know never stop ripping on the White Sox. I wish they really didn't care about the Sox & I wouldn't have to listen to their idiotic comments.

A.T. Money
05-05-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ghostfacesox
I just thought this was interesting reading this morning. Apparently this guy thinks vendors at The Cell peddle garbage and crack pipes. What the moron does not realize is that the same vendors work at both parks same union.I liked the bit about the upper deck though. Check it out the still nothsiders vs. southsiders at spankwad.com after you read Roper. :angry: http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-
roep05.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeper/cst-nws-roep05.html)

You didn't read it right. Roeper isn't saying this, he's describing the email that is floating around which is ripping on the Sox. I've seen it, it's lame.

MikeKreevich
05-05-2004, 10:14 AM
For those who don't know, Roeper is a White Sox fan.

inta
05-05-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm with Roeper, that video is harmless... idiotic maybe, but harmless. let the northsiders poke their fun.

but what drives me nuts is people who think the cubs fans dont hate the sox the same way southsiders hate the cubs.

i've seen plenty of "the big skirt" and "sox suck" shirts on the northside. every cub fan i know loves to make fun of the sox.

Bobby Thigpen
05-05-2004, 10:57 AM
If Cubs fans don't care about Sox fans why the hell are they constantly at our park with Cubs sh-- on and openly rooting for whomever the Sox are playing that day even though they usually don't know one single player on that team?

As soon as a Cubs fan can answer that question I think they should shut up about Sox fans being obsessed with the Cubs.

pudge
05-05-2004, 11:58 AM
ghostfacesox, yes I think you misinterpreted his stance.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it sounds funny, who cares. We do it all the time to them.

GregoryEtc
05-05-2004, 12:05 PM
....but I thought the video was pretty funny. Yeah its ripping on us Sox fans and the franchise in general, but at least some effort ws put into it. I can appreciate it for its originality.

I'd resonate a lot with what Roeper said. Especially the part about Cubs fans only caring about the Sox when they play head to head. I've said all along that I didn't like interleague play because I hated playing the Cubs. Its just always seemed to me that losing to the Cubs was far worse than beating them was good. Whenever we lose to any of the other teams, we dont have to listen to their ignorant fans go on and on about how their team is the better franchise because they have crap growing on their outfield wall.