PDA

View Full Version : sox need a blowout

denialorcoped
05-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's great that the sox are winning so many games. But I don't think we can really expect to be edging teams out like this all season. I think it's been way too long since the sox had a solid dominating victory; last one I can remember was when they beat the royals 5-0, and that was some fifteen games ago. We gotta start getting some solid victories if we're going to win the division; plus, I don't think the league is fearing us all that much since we've been winning by one run in nearly all of our games. What do you guys think?

fledgedrallycap
05-05-2004, 08:44 AM
You can make the same argument the other way, that the Sox needed to get spanked so they get some perspective that 5 run 8th and 9th innings don't grow on tree's.

Hokiesox
05-05-2004, 09:08 AM
they got spanked last night.

bigdommer
05-05-2004, 09:19 AM
O's vs. Buehrle (lifetime stats):

Mora: .273, 0 HR
Palmiero: .250, 1 HR
Tejada: .148, 0 HR
Roberts: 1 for 2 with single
Bigbie: 1 for 4 with single
Matos: 0 for 2
Gibbons: 0 for 3
Lopez: never faced

Sox vs. Ponson:
Carlos: .429, 1 HR, 2 doubles
Hurt: .421, 4 HR in 19 AB
Maggs: .381
Paulie: .313, 1 HR
Crede: 2 for 6 with a double
Perez: 3 for 7 with a double

Also, Buehrle should be able to neutralize their running game.

voodoochile
05-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by denialorcoped
Don't get me wrong, it's great that the sox are winning so many games. But I don't think we can really expect to be edging teams out like this all season. I think it's been way too long since the sox had a solid dominating victory; last one I can remember was when they beat the royals 5-0, and that was some fifteen games ago. We gotta start getting some solid victories if we're going to win the division; plus, I don't think the league is fearing us all that much since we've been winning by one run in nearly all of our games. What do you guys think?

I think so too. In fact, I was just thinking about this the other day.

Welcome Aboard! :D:

Etownsox13
05-05-2004, 11:11 AM
A W is a W no matter how you get it

Thigpen Rules
05-05-2004, 11:22 AM
blowout/1 run win if we can win another series (especially on the road) it's fine by me

WSox8404
05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by denialorcoped

I agree wholeheartedly. The Sox need to break out the bats. Mags' average is slipping, Lee's is slipping even more, Paulie ain't doin jack, and Frank has been slowing down too. I would hate to see where we would be at without Uribe. 13 and 13? Pretty good bet. Our hitters need to wake up because no matter what we say about our starters, they are not all that fantastic.

chisoxmike
05-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I agree, lets go one further, this team needs to get on a good win streak. I'm thinking a 5 or 6 gamer. Winning 3 games then losing 2 won't do much for a team throughout a season.

poorme
05-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
Winning 3 games then losing 2 won't do much for a team throughout a season.

Well, that would pencil out to 97 wins.

chisoxmike
05-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Well, that would pencil out to 97 wins.

As you can tell I'm not a math major. :D:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-05-2004, 04:53 PM
yeah they need a blowout. They need a few games of really tight pitching, like what show did. but they also need to really capitalize on the gifts other teams have been giving us (walking the bases loaded)