PDA

View Full Version : Any Sox fans invading Toronto this weekend?

Baby Fisk
05-05-2004, 08:56 AM
...Just wondering whether or not to expect company... :D: :gulp:

Paulwny
05-05-2004, 10:04 AM
I'll be at Sunday's game.
I had originally planned to attend Sat and stay over to Sunday's game but, we have a wedding to go to Sat. My wife's side of the family always seems to mess up my plans.

HomerCoach
05-05-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm going. 5 hours there, 5 hours back.

Baby Fisk
05-05-2004, 07:08 PM
If anybody is interested in meeting up, let me know. I'm there Friday and Sunday (my mom would kill me if I skipped out on Mother's Day Weekend just to watch baseball, so I'm out of town on Saturday). If I don't get reserved seats on the first deck, I usually roam around the upper deck.

MetalliSox
05-05-2004, 07:31 PM
I fear S.A.R.S.

jk

Paulwny
05-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
If anybody is interested in meeting up, let me know. I'm there Friday and Sunday (my mom would kill me if I skipped out on Mother's Day Weekend just to watch baseball, so I'm out of town on Saturday). If I don't get reserved seats on the first deck, I usually roam around the upper deck.

I'll but seats in the lower level. I'll be with my wife and I'll be wearing the old red, white and blue sox jacket with the old logo.

Paulwny
05-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by HomerCoach
I'm going. 5 hours there, 5 hours back.

Only ~ 1 1/2 hrs for me. Did you include in your time the possible > 1 hr delay at the US Customs getting back into the US.

HomerCoach
05-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Only ~ 1 1/2 hrs for me. Did you include in your time the possible > 1 hr delay at the US Customs getting back into the US.

I did include 1/2 hour both ways, hopefully it wont take that long. I'm going to the Syracuse Skychiefs games today and tomorrow and the Skydome Sunday, man I wish a good team was closer to home(r).

Hangar18
05-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Everyone WATCHING the games on TV, Check to see if they
show any SOX fans on the road .......... Im kind of curious

nasox
05-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

You said you would do this to the games this week on WCIU and ESPN, etc. Did you do so? What did you find? I didn't watch the games, had other commitments.

Tekijawa
05-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Are you kidding me?? Their Upper Deck is to steep!

Baby Fisk
05-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Haw haw. You are all funny people with weird phobias about SARS, heights and the media. I'll make sure to greet any folks in Sox gear I see at Skydome.

GO GO SOX!

monkeypants
05-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I'll be there in the second row by the Sox dugout/on-deck circle for the Friday night game. If anybody is going, stop by and say hi. I'll be wearing a black Sox t-shirt with the white and red 1959 Sox logo on it.

At Niagara Falls there is the Maid of the Mist boat tour that goes right up to the falls. The stairs leading down to the boats has a video presentation that is narrated by none other than our own Gene Honda. It was like a little piece of home in a foreign land.

Monkeypants

Cellview22
05-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Anyone going to Toronto and looking for a nice hotel, you should check out the Grand Hotel on Jarvis. That's the only hotel I stay at when I'm there; it's a gem. It's an 18 story hotel with 2 big hot tubs on the roof-top, which are open all year round. Even if you're not a guest there, you should check it out. The views from up on the rooftop are incredible!

kennyv
05-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I wish I could be there... but, SD is a ways away! Major bummer!!!

HomerCoach
05-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I'll be the guy holding the "WSI Pick To Click Leader" sign! :bart