PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead Blunder 5/4/2004

owensmouth
05-05-2004, 02:54 AM
The whole team deserves to receive this one. But one person stands out above and beyond everyone else:

Kelly (Strike Three) Dransfeldt, for an error that led directly to four unearned runs.

He also deserves some recognition for not covering second base on a steal attempt, instead allowing the Sox center fielder to retrieve the throw from Olivo.

SSN721
05-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Absolutely horrid effort by Kelly last night. It wasnt bad enough to commit those errors, but to then proceed and swing at every junk pitch that was thrown at him and keep striking out, just horrid. Definitely the LVP of this game.

white sox bill
05-05-2004, 06:26 AM
This may be his tix back to Charolette

bobj4400
05-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Not to mention that he left 5 runners on base in his first two at bats...

DrummerGeorgefan
05-05-2004, 08:55 AM
I think last nights game, coupled with his lack of will to dive after ground balls the other day when he was at third has made him a AAA player for a long time.

Guys who get called up, IMO, should be one's hustling their behinds off and playing hard. They have to prove themselves, one thing Dransfeldt has not done.

poorme
05-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Dransfeldt sucks. But I don't blame him, I blame KW. He has no business being on a major league roster. He has no business being on a minor league roster for that matter.

bennyw41
05-05-2004, 09:28 AM
You have to blame Ozzie for putting Dransfeldt at short when uribe has been lighting it up defensively. He shoulda just stuck with Uribe at short and put willie or kelly at second, no matter what the pitching matchup.

iwannago
05-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by poorme
Dransfeldt sucks. But I don't blame him, I blame KW. He has no business being on a major league roster. He has no business being on a minor league roster for that matter.

Absolutely correct.

WSox8404
05-05-2004, 10:48 AM
I know Ozzie wants to keep everyone fresh, but why Dransfeldt? He is going back to the minors sooner or later, so who cares? Willie has been doing great lately and so has Uribe. So why change this? I love Ozzie, don't get me wrong, but this was his first real big mistake of the year.

Hokiesox
05-05-2004, 10:57 AM
The Cubune is reporting that Dransfeldt will be put on waivers Thursday because he is out of options. Valentin returns Friday.