PDA

View Full Version : Just Like Last Year

owensmouth
05-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Ozzie's team is beginning to hit like they did last year. If they don't snap out of it, and fast, we're headed for some dismal times.

gosox41
05-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth
Ozzie's team is beginning to hit like they did last year. If they don't snap out of it, and fast, we're headed for some dismal times.

I was just thinking about that. Frank is hitting better then last season. But Magglio has cooled off big time afte starting the season hot. PK is hanging in there from his start. Lee hasn't done anything all year. And it seems like Crede is cooling off after his 4-5 game hot streak. We know Uribe is going tocome down to earth, especially if he swings at every damn pitch in the dirt. Olivo isn't going to hit .300 this year.

Hopefully a few of these guys will get hot soon. It would be nice to have a winning May. I don't know why this team sucks in May but it's time to change that.

Bob

SoxOnTop
05-05-2004, 07:42 AM
:chickenlittle

misty60481
05-05-2004, 09:33 AM
I dont think Maggs cooled to much he is tied for 2nd in HRs & RBIs he is steady maybe we expect to much from him

iwannago
05-05-2004, 09:59 AM

I'm really worried. We have a one game losing streak!

MRKARNO
05-05-2004, 10:59 AM
While I am concerned, I am not really worried at this point. I never worry until we lose 2 games in a row because if you aren't losing 2 in a row you're still playing .500 ball or better. We still have won 16 and lost only 10 at this point and the way the twins are playing now they are just as likely or less likely to keep up what they've been doing

munchman33
05-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Where's that Corpseball guy?

starboy0
05-05-2004, 11:51 AM
One way to look at is they have the Sox have won 16 games despite the big bats being relatively asleep. Once they awaken, we could go on a serious run!

jabrch
05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Ozzie's team is beginning to hit like they did last year. If they don't snap out of it, and fast, we're headed for some dismal times. I don't know what you are talking about. The past two weeks, everybody except Carlos and Rowand have been hitting. Magglio isn't hitting for high average, but he is still hitting HRs and driving in runs. You can't ask for more than that.

:chickenlittle

In case you didn't notice, we are in first place in the AL Central and only a half game behind the best record in the AL. Tell me, how bad are things going right now?

chisoxmike
05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
From ESPN.com

"I don't think we can go through a whole year with those kinds of wins, because we're not that good. I think with the offense we have, we will get better."
Ozzie said this.

I agree with Ozzie's comments. Especially with the part about not going to pull out wins in the last at bat all season long.

Jerko
05-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike
From ESPN.com

Ozzie said this.

I agree with Ozzie's comments. Especially with the part about not going to pull out wins in the last at bat all season long.

I also think part of Ozzie's thought process is the fact that the combined records of the teams the Sox have played so far is 66-86, 20 games below .500. He probably figures that these close games will stop going our way once we start playing higher caliber teams on a more consistent basis.

minastirith67
05-05-2004, 01:32 PM
:threadsucks

This thread, like many others, sucks. Stop whining people...it was one game. Granted, we played horribly, but have some patience. I wish there were more substantive posts on this board, especially after losses.

chisoxmike
05-05-2004, 02:03 PM
This thread, like many others, sucks. Stop whining people...it was one game. Granted, we played horribly, but have some patience. I wish there were more substantive posts on this board, especially after losses.

Hehehehe, yeah, after a loss there always seems to be threads about how much the Sox are horrible. I'm not saying they are going to win the division just becuase they are in 1st in May. I don't think we should be celebrating that, but I do think they show lots of promise and this could be a very exciting year if they keep it up through May and June. :) :gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-05-2004, 02:35 PM
no team can play everygame perfectly, especially when unproven players are tossed into the mix. We'll bounce back and win the series.