PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Hurt Again?

SEALgep
05-04-2004, 11:43 PM
MLB Gameday for Twins vs. Seattle- Tori Hunter left the game in the bottom of the ninth due to an injured leg.

Nard
05-04-2004, 11:53 PM
They just said that, yes, he reinjured it. Out for however long that takes to heal.

Meanwhile, the game just entered the 10th... of course, the Twins tied it up in the ninth. It'd actually be over, but some guy got called out on a stretch to home by an Ichiro throw... only problem is the catcher never touched him.

But I'm not complaining. :)

fhqwhgads
05-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Re-tweaked his hammy, apparently.

fhqwhgads
05-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Nard
It'd actually be over, but some guy got called out on a stretch to home by an Ichiro throw... only problem is the catcher never touched him.

Gardenhire got tossed in the 1st due a horrible call by the same umpire who blew the call on the tag in the 9th (and promptly ejected Koskie who was actually safe). In the bottom of the 9th, this guy called every borderline pitch a ball (even the Seatle announcers were wondering what was going on). Someone in blue is on you guys' side. :D:

bc2k
05-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Out for however long that takes to heal.

thanks for the insight. :smile:

ChiSox7
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Unreal. Ibanez throws out Lew Ford at the plate. Seattle is just AWFUL. Minny should be up by 30.

Nard
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Ford out at the plate from a long throw from LF!!!!

Bot 10...

ChiSox7
05-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Unreal. Ibanez throws out Lew Ford at the plate. Seattle is just AWFUL. Minny should be up by 30.

And I got money that says they absolutely light us up on offense.

Nard
05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Talking to yourself again ChiSox?

ChiSox7
05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Talking to yourself again ChiSox?

Yeah. I don't think there are that many of us up to talk to about this game.

Did I mention that I hate the Twins?

CHISOXFAN13
05-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Damn, and here I was wasting my time in the Eddie Guardado thread. Good to see there are others following the Twinkies late at night.

SEALgep
05-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Someone in blue is on you guys' side. :D: That's the first. :D:

Nard
05-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Did I mention that I hate the Twins?

But Ricky Sutcliff said that if you can't find yourself to root for the Twins, you really shouldn't be able to root for any team in baseball. :whiner:

ChiSox7
05-05-2004, 12:17 AM
But Ricky Sutcliff said that if you can't find yourself to root for the Twins, you really shouldn't be able to root for any team in baseball. :whiner:

Then there must be something wrong with me, because I have a profound dislike of the Twinkies

Nard
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Ahahahahah.

Yeah the Twinkies are real good.

Ahahahahah.

Guzman safe at second, then runs back to first 'cause he don't know where the ball is. :)

Next AB, Mientkakckzckzcing steals prematurely, out at second. Seattle bat.

ChiSox7
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
That might be the strangest play I've ever been. Should have been 1st and 3rd, and instead there are two outs with a man on first.

CHISOXFAN13
05-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Maybe we should hit the chatroom. I mean, after all, the mods wanted us to axe game day threads and here we are with one about the Twins.

Might be easier for some of us to stay updated anyway. ESPN.com sucks.

santo=dorf
05-05-2004, 12:30 AM

That was Kruk. Rick is now going to hunt you down for mistaking him with that one-nut slob.

Nard
05-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
That was Kruk. Rick is now going to hunt you down for mistaking him with that one-nut slob.

You serious? Oh man my mistake.

****ing Kruk.... mother****er... I hate that guy.

MadCitySoxFan
05-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Maybe we should hit the chatroom. I mean, after all, the mods wanted us to axe game day threads and here we are with one about the Twins.

Might be easier for some of us to stay updated anyway. ESPN.com sucks.

CBS's sportsline.com is much better than Espn.com for following games. Their updating is better.

I've been watching this Twins/M's game on MLB TV and it's been pretty exciting. That call at the plate was horrendous in the 9th and then Guzman ducking a line drive while running to second and then thinking it was a pop fly and he needed to get back to first was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.

nasox
05-05-2004, 02:24 AM
if we can't have official sox game threads, then lets do it for other teams! :D: