PDA

View Full Version : Write-in Konerko on All-Star ballot

Whitesox029
05-04-2004, 11:32 PM
"psst..Here comes Whitesox029 again."
"Oh Great. I think he's going to rant about Konerko again."
Konerko is the Sox first baseman, not Thomas. Nothing against Thomas, he's great and all, but if you're going to insist on DHing, you're gonna be left off the ballot every other year. Konerko didn't ask to be the DH, Thomas did (which, I might add, is the reason that Konerko actually plays the position every day). Now come June, Thomas may be more deserving. We don't know. But if Konerko is at .290 or above when the break approaches, we should start our bid to elect Konerko as a write-in, just because of the incredible bounce-back he will have made.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 11:34 PM
i agree

HomeFish
05-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Fast April start, disapointing starting pitching, write in campaigns for Konerko...

...have I been transported back into 2002?

Just in case I have, somebody PLEASE remind Kenny Williams to carefully check player names if he trades Steve Baldwin. You'll understand when it happens.

MRKARNO
05-04-2004, 11:36 PM
How much longer until the friends of Aaron Rowand start an Aaron Rowand write-in thread despite the fact that he's on the ballot?

OEO Magglio
05-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
"psst..Here comes Whitesox029 again."
"Oh Great. I think he's going to rant about Konerko again."
Konerko is the Sox first baseman, not Thomas. Nothing against Thomas, he's great and all, but if you're going to insist on DHing, you're gonna be left off the ballot every other year. Konerko didn't ask to be the DH, Thomas did (which, I might add, is the reason that Konerko actually plays the position every day). Now come June, Thomas may be more deserving. We don't know. But if Konerko is at .290 or above when the break approaches, we should start our bid to elect Konerko as a write-in, just because of the incredible bounce-back he will have made.
Frank never asked to dh so I don't know what your talking about, he's always wanted to play first base.

JorgeFabregas
05-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Konerko won't win. Frank might. It's not a vote for comback player of the year (of course, it's not as if he's coming back from an injury). You voting for Nader, too? :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-04-2004, 11:41 PM
WRITE IN TIMO EVERYBODY!!!

A. Cavatica
05-04-2004, 11:46 PM
PK is in no way deserving of being an All-Star, so what does it matter if he's left off the ballot?

Whitesox029
05-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Frank never asked to dh so I don't know what your talking about, he's always wanted to play first base.

I'll start with you. First off, if Frank wants to play 1B, wouldn't he ask for it? Second, I recall distinctly Manuel putting him at 1B when he struggled at the plate, and he used to whine. Third, I'm fairly certain that the ballots are supposed to based on who's actually playing the position, not who wants to play it.

Originally posted by A. Cavatica
PK is in no way deserving of being an All-Star, so what does it matter if he's left off the ballot?

And now you...I don't know where you come off saying that. First, it's April, and in my opinion we shouldn't even be voting until mid to late June because a guy can start off hot and then fade or vice versa. You absolutely cannot judge all-stars this early in the season, and that includes Uribe. Secondly, PK is a class act, and that has to count for something. He's Obviously not getting too much credit for it around these forums.

OEO Magglio
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
I'll start with you. First off, if Frank wants to play 1B, wouldn't he ask for it? Second, I recall distinctly Manuel putting him at 1B when he struggled at the plate, and he used to whine. Third, I'm fairly certain that the ballots are supposed to based on who's actually playing the position, not who wants to play it.

And now you...I don't know where you come off saying that. First, it's April, and in my opinion we shouldn't even be voting until mid to late June because a guy can start off hot and then fade or vice versa. You absolutely cannot judge all-stars this early in the season, and that includes Uribe. Secondly, PK is a class act, and that has to count for something. He's Obviously not getting too much credit for it around these forums.
First off I was just correcting you in saying that Frank doesn't want play 1b because that's just completely wrong, second if it's to early to be voting for allstars then why are you starting these threads?

Railsplitter
05-05-2004, 09:12 AM
I have already written PK in on an on-line ballot.

Dadawg_77
05-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Don't you guys get it? The Yankees are planning to split the Chicago vote and sneak Giambi on the team. Carlos D is going to go, so then you get to your other first baseman.

New York realizes it doesn't have a chance at 2B, but they want a starter at every other position. With Nomar out, they have a very good chance at doing that. Their only real weakness is 1B. Sweeney, Teixeria, Millar and Thomas can compete. KC fan base is low so that should knock Sweeney, Teixeria is too young to have a national following so he is gone. Millar is a Red Sox and they always lose to the Yankees so who cares. Those Thomas is the only real competition. So Yankees use there people inside the comish's office to get Thomas on the ballot. This will cause controversy in Sox fandom and split the vote between Thomas and Konerko, thus giving Jason Giambi a easy walk in the race. DO YOU WANT TO SEE A YANKEES INFIELD AT THE MID SUMMER CLASSIC? If you do vote for Konerko, but if you want to beat those bastards we need to unite behind one candidate and throw our voting power to Thomas.

maurice
05-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, let's see . . .

Frank: .288 AVE, .475 OBP, .548 SLG, 1.023 OPS (5th in the AL)
Paulie: .270 AVE, .363 OBP, .483 SLG, .846 OPS (32nd in the AL)

No thanks. I think I'll just vote for Frank. Maybe things would be different if Frank were slumping and Paulie were hitting better than Frank, Travis Hafner, Jason Giambi, Ken Harvey, Rafael Palmeiro, David Ortiz, and nine NL 1B

. . . but since that's clearly not the case, I'll just go with the best hitter in Chicago history.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Don't you guys get it? The Yankees are planning to split the Chicago vote and sneak Giambi on the team. Carlos D is going to go, so then you get to your other first baseman.

New York realizes it doesn't have a chance at 2B, but they want a starter at every other position. With Nomar out, they have a very good chance at doing that. Their only real weakness is 1B. Sweeney, Teixeria, Millar and Thomas can compete. KC fan base is low so that should knock Sweeney, Teixeria is too young to have a national following so he is gone. Millar is a Red Sox and they always lose to the Yankees so who cares. Those Thomas is the only real competition. So Yankees use there people inside the comish's office to get Thomas on the ballot. This will cause controversy in Sox fandom and split the vote between Thomas and Konerko, thus giving Jason Giambi a easy walk in the race. DO YOU WANT TO SEE A YANKEES INFIELD AT THE MID SUMMER CLASSIC? If you do vote for Konerko, but if you want to beat those bastards we need to unite behind one candidate and throw our voting power to Thomas.

it wont be all yankees, there is no way the voters in japan do not vote Ichiro in.

ma_deuce
05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

ABG... anyone but Giambi! :)

Deuce

A. Cavatica
05-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
I have already written PK in on an on-line ballot.

I just don't get it. Do you actually believe PK is the best 1B in the American League -- or even one of the top three? Or are you just voting for him because he's a Sox?

RKMeibalane
05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Let's see here:

1. Frank Thomas has better numbers than Paul Konerko.
2. Frank Thomas is on the ballot.

I'm voting for Frank. End of discussion.

MRKARNO
05-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Let's see here:

1. Frank Thomas has better numbers than Paul Konerko.
2. Frank Thomas is on the ballot.

I'm voting for Frank. End of discussion.

If Frank was eligible at shor I'm sure you'd vote for him then too

RKMeibalane
05-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If Frank was eligible at shor I'm sure you'd vote for him then too

Don't get carried away. :D: