PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie on Runners LOB

Kadafi311
05-04-2004, 05:47 PM
"I like to leave guys on base. That means we're getting on base." -- Ozzie Guillen on the White Sox leaving 13 runners on base.

What a great attitude - THAT is what it's all about.

I'm absolutely thrilled to say, for the first time in a long time, that I REALLY like our manager. Regardless of the W-L tally at the end of the year, he's the man for the job.

daveeym
05-04-2004, 05:56 PM
:smile: Great quote by ozzie and oh so true, but last night was rather dissapointing in the amount left on base. I have to imagine they're doing much better at this than last year, i'd love to see some stats. Cuz last year they weren't scoring any for 2/3 of the season and leaving a ton on. It's just scary right now until this team show's its for real for another month.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Kadafi311
"I like to leave guys on base. That means we're getting on base." -- Ozzie Guillen on the White Sox leaving 13 runners on base.

What a great attitude - THAT is what it's all about.

I'm absolutely thrilled to say, for the first time in a long time, that I REALLY like our manager. Regardless of the W-L tally at the end of the year, he's the man for the job.

Maggs just missed a grand slam in the second, that's three runners right there that I don't hold against us for leaving them on. He gave it a ride, and it came up short.

In the first, Ainsworth wasn't very hittable. His control was shaky, but when he was getting it over the plate, they were good pitches. It wasn't a big disappointment not to score in the first, we got a couple walks with two outs...it looked worse than it really was by leaving the bases loaded. It's not like we came out roaring and couldn't get anyone in. We just kinda eeked our way into that situation both innings and didn't get anything out of it.

W

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 06:35 PM
he shouldn't like leaving men on base. he should like that the men are getting on base. to like leaving men on base is like ordering a pizza and dropping it on the floor

Kadafi311
05-04-2004, 06:37 PM
he shouldn't like leaving men on base. he should like that the men are getting on base.

That is exactly what he implies in his quote. You just have to sift through the sarcasm.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Kadafi311

That is exactly what he implies in his quote. You just have to sift through the sarcasm.

lol....that's what you get when you're a sarcastic jerk...you lose the ability to detect it sometimes.