PDA

View Full Version : Uribe at CF?

WWIII
05-04-2004, 02:48 PM
I heard that Juan may be able to play CF. With all of the concern about what to do when Jose returns (I hope it is not very soon with his pathetic showing in the minors), this may be an option since Rowand has not been holding his own. Uribe has a cannon of an arm from SS, but I do not know if that translates into the same cannon from CF.

Don't get me wrong, I like Uribe at SS more than anyone else, but if Jose is going to play, which I have a feeling he is, it is likely that Uribe won't play SS all of the time. Is CF a real option for him?

jabrch
05-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by WWIII
I heard that Juan may be able to play CF. With all of the concern about what to do when Jose returns (I hope it is not very soon with his pathetic showing in the minors), this may be an option since Rowand has not been holding his own. Uribe has a cannon of an arm from SS, but I do not know if that translates into the same cannon from CF.

Don't get me wrong, I like Uribe at SS more than anyone else, but if Jose is going to play, which I have a feeling he is, it is likely that Uribe won't play SS all of the time. Is CF a real option for him?

Why not put Harris in CF? He has experience there - more than U Uribe. I want Uribe working at the IF - hopefully he will be our starting SS next year.

owensmouth
05-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Half way to second Willie? Who's gonna play short center so he can complete a throw?

Timo's got a much better arm. Put Uribe at third and Mr 4 strikeouts on the bench. He and Gload can practice sitting.

Randar68
05-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
Half way to second Willie? Who's gonna play short center so he can complete a throw?

Timo's got a much better arm. Put Uribe at third and Mr 4 strikeouts on the bench. He and Gload can practice sitting.

Mr. 4 strikeouts?? You mean the same one who's HR was the difference in last night's game???

Sheeesh, *****.

Rowand, grab some bench, Willie to CF.

Unlike Rowand, at least Willie knows how to set-up his feet for a throw and how to hit his target. A strong arm won't get you a cup of coffee if you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it...

WWIII
05-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Like I said, don't get me wrong - I would prefer to see Uribe at SS, Harris at 2B and Jose passing out sunflower seeds to Ozzie and guys on the bench. But I cannot see the five million dollar man riding the pine until he has been given another month to prove that Uribe belongs there instead.

As far as CF goes, Timo is alright with me, but if Jose has to play, I would prefer to see Jose, Juan and Harris in the game rather than Rowand or Timo and one of the other two. If it means keeping Jose, Juan and Harris in the game, Juan may not be a bad option in CF. He's a little ball of hustle and he can throw. He may need some practice catching a pop-up with two hands, but he can fix that.

Paulwny
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Mr. 4 strikeouts?? You mean the same one who's HR was the difference in last night's game???

Sheeesh, *****.

Plus he made 2 difficult plays under bad infield conditions last night.

Randar68
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Like I said, don't get me wrong - I would prefer to see Uribe at SS, Harris at 2B and Jose passing out sunflower seeds to Ozzie and guys on the bench. But I cannot see the five million dollar man riding the pine until he has been given another month to prove that Uribe belongs there instead.

As far as CF goes, Timo is alright with me, but if Jose has to play, I would prefer to see Jose, Juan and Harris in the game rather than Rowand or Timo and one of the other two. If it means keeping Jose, Juan and Harris in the game, Juan may not be a bad option in CF. He's a little ball of hustle and he can throw. He may need some practice catching a pop-up with two hands, but he can fix that.

We've got enough learning on the job as is. Harris is faster, can cover more ground, and has at least some experience in CF.

If they're going to try to keep all 3 in the game, it's going to be Harris in CF primarily.

duke of dorwood
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Please note-we are winning WITHOUT Valentin

jabrch
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM

I am too dumbfounded to respond.

duke of dorwood
05-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Sounds like some of the fans miss the "tinkering"

sas1974
05-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

I think I could deal w/ the tinkering of a couple positions until we get it right. I just couldn't stand that the damn lineup looked different everyday.

fquaye149
05-04-2004, 04:28 PM
it's this kind of thinking and infield repositioning under JM that caused Harold Reynolds to get the idea we were a bad fielding team.

yeah move juan uribe to centerfield, one of the better defensive players we have should certainly be sacrificed because jose valentin needs to play ss with his frequent errant throws

OEO Magglio
05-04-2004, 05:31 PM

I hope your joking about Crede, he's been struggling at the beginning of the year, and guess what he's still coming through with clutch hits for the sox so much this year. Also why uribe in cf?? Willie has played cf, uribe hasn't, willie also has more speed, put willie in cf not Juan.

Hondo
05-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Benching Crede would be insane.
He's like the John Paxson of the White Sox.
Maybe his numbers arent' the best but he always seems to be around in crunch time...and they're both white

pudge
05-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
...and they're both white

***?

Hondo
05-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by pudge
***?

It was sarcasm. Sorry. Next Time I'll color code my sarcasm.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2004, 06:24 PM

This is unnecessary. We already have everything covered for when Valentin comes back, which is likely for the last game of this BAL series. Valentin at short, Uribe at second, and Harris will play center with Rowand.

We can also put Valentin on the bench now and then, with Ribe at short and Harris at second. Willie will get plenty of playing time with the way Valentin can't hit lefties. I would imagine he'll be in the lineup almost always on days we face a left handed starter.

nasox
05-04-2004, 06:30 PM

Ok, Crede is a great defensive 3B. Could be the next Chipper Jones. Shut up unless you have a good point.

Originally posted by duke of dorwood

NOT ME. DEFINITLEY NOT ME!

Originally posted by Hondo
Benching Crede would be insane.
He's like the John Paxson of the White Sox.
Maybe his numbers arent' the best but he always seems to be around in crunch time...and they're both white

What does that mean. Racist

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-04-2004, 11:37 PM
its a bad idea to move him to cf. remember moving jose to center for royce? not a good idea. ozzie will figure how to get them there at bats, but benching crede is a bad idea too. he has been clutch and plays great defense.