PDA

View Full Version : 2 out hits...

Tekijawa
05-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Why can we only get hits after there are two outs... Seems like it would be a lot less stressful to watch if we could get a few guys on and then worry about getting a few outs then get some more 2 out hits...

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me...

Not that I am complaining, because were winning, but seems like we could be a little better than we are now!

chidonez
05-04-2004, 10:36 AM
It just seems that way. That's baseball. That said, I believe it's a good sign that a team can continue to manufacture runs with two outs.

SSN721
05-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Why can we only get hits after there are two outs... Seems like it would be a lot less stressful to watch if we could get a few guys on and then worry about getting a few outs then get some more 2 out hits...

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me...

Not that I am complaining, because were winning, but seems like we could be a little better than we are now!

I have noticed it too, I dont think it is as bad as it seemed last night. But I think getting the bases loaded three times and not getting a hit in any one of those situations for at least a run or two is pretty much inexcusable. But I guess there will just be games like that. If we could get a few more clutch hits though that would certainly make some of these games a lot less closer.

SoxxoS
05-04-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't care how we score runs or when we do it, as long as we do.

I actually enjoy the high stress...especially if we win. It makes me more excited.

MRKARNO
05-04-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm willing to bet that we're getting the same amount of hits with 0, 1 and 2 outs, it's just more likely that we get a run in with 2 outs because there's more likely to be runners in scoring position with 2 outs than with no outs.

It's a combination of that and probably a different attitude at the plate with 2 outs.

Maybe there really is no explanation for it and I should stop trying to make such conjectures.

daveeym
05-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Hey last year they wouldn't get the runs in at all so it's a major improvement.