PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 5/4/04

Hangar18
05-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Fred Mitchells streak of SOX Q&A's stops at 2 (which is the Most hes done sox related since last season) and does todays QA on .......guess Who? Another cub. The Cub-Times today makes sure the world knows everything about that Idiot Ligue.
The Cubune makes it known that a Split with the Cards is just as good as a Sweep and Championship. Sox despite being in 1st place, still lose ground to the cubs in stories today ........

Cubune:
4 cub stories
3 sox stories

Cub-Times:
5 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training............
CUBS 526
SOX 357

jackbrohamer
05-04-2004, 11:54 AM
The back 4 pages of the Cub Time is Cubs coverage (and the Moron). I felt like ripping them all out & starting with the Sox coverage.

I guess being in first place is only newsworthy for teams on the North side of town.

BigFrankFan
05-04-2004, 01:07 PM
I expected this. After the FARNSWORTHLESS loss they need to feel good about themselves. The Journalist cub fans I'm talking about.

I'm actually glad because I was afraid they were going to make Crotch the focus story & rip him a new one.

Clarkdog
05-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Hangar:

Not sure if you saw this is in the Other Views section of the Trib sports page - there were three letters to the editior on the topic of biased media coverage by Tribune of their baseball division. The first letter was easily the best and most blantant criticism on the paper.

hsnterprize
05-04-2004, 01:49 PM
And here's a link to that and other "Other Views" letters. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/cs-0405040266may04,1,7867833.story)

Lemme warn you...you'll have to reguster with the Tribune site to read this if you haven't done so already. And...there's a Cubs fan who writes about "whiny" Sox fans in response to the "Cub-une" bias letters. Brace yourselves now...you've been warned.

Iwritecode
05-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
And here's a link to that and other "Other Views" letters. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/cs-0405040266may04,1,7867833.story)

Lemme warn you...you'll have to reguster with the Tribune site to read this if you haven't done so already. And...there's a Cubs fan who writes about "whiny" Sox fans in response to the "Cub-une" bias letters. Brace yourselves now...you've been warned.

The first two letters from the Sox fans were pretty good. Of course the one from the Cubs fan talking about "whiney" Cubs fans was typical. Sox fans present facts and bring up valid points and the Cubs fan says they are whining. Then, as par for the course, has to bring up the attendance issue.

I love it when they have to resort to that when the Cubs have a worse record than the Sox. :smile:

hose
05-04-2004, 04:49 PM
I bought Mondays and Tuesdays Tribune and was a bit disappointed in the Sox coverage.

When is the Sox day for the back page covearge?

npdempse
05-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by hose

October, as soon as the tarpaulin is rolled out on the North Side.

SoxEd
05-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by hose

From reading the posts around here, Iwould guess that the Trib's Sox Back Page day is the 32nd of Octember, or perhaps the 12th of Never.

I can't say for sure, as I can't buy the paper here, and won't register online for it.