PDA

View Full Version : Half price nights?

Gammons Peter
05-04-2004, 08:23 AM
A co-worker just sent me an email saying that White Sox telephone operators told him that they are no longer doing half price Mondays and half price Pepsi Tuesdays. I find this hard to believe, can anyone confirm??

BeerHandle
05-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Gammons Peter
A co-worker just sent me an email saying that White Sox telephone operators told him that they are no longer doing half price Mondays and half price Pepsi Tuesdays. I find this hard to believe, can anyone confirm??

I find it hard to believe beause I heard Farmer last night say that you can get your 1/2 price Pepsi night tickets online. you need the UPC Number and can purchase 36 hours in advance.

anewman35
05-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Gammons Peter

They are still listed on the website...

Anyway, there's no way it's true, it would be a huge PR nightmare...

soxnut
05-04-2004, 09:31 AM
If it were true, it probably just means that UD ticket prices in general would be lowered. Maybe the UD seats would go to $5 all the time and LD would stay the same? :?: I doubt that they would do away with discounting all the way around.

Gammons Peter
05-04-2004, 09:47 AM
I know that the website still has them but if you try to buy a Monday ticket online it comes up as full price. I haven't had time to call a rep yet but my co-worker swears that the Rep. he spoke with said that they are no longer doing any half price games. I hope it was just a case of an uninformed operator because this would be a PR nightmare

Hangar18
05-04-2004, 10:19 AM
its Bogus

soxnut
05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
its Bogus

Have you confirmed one way or the other Hangar?

thepaulbowski
05-04-2004, 10:33 AM
I just logged into Whitesox.com and started to buy tickets for a Monday game & they were half price.

rdivaldi
05-04-2004, 10:34 AM
That's completely bogus. Just looked up tickets for the July 26th Monday night game and they were half price.

I don't think you can buy half price tickets for Tuesday games except on the actual day of the game.

Cellview22
05-04-2004, 10:47 AM
If it's true, it's a huge mistake. You don't change prices during the middle of the season, whether getting rid of half price nights or lowering UD to $5. It would make it look like the Sox in are a desperate situation. They would become the laughingstock of the media, locally and then maybe nationally.

wdelaney72
05-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Tuesday 1/2 price only occurs day before or on day of game with valid Pepsi UPC code.

Half price night still in full effect.

Gammons Peter
05-04-2004, 11:07 AM
I just spoke with a rep that told me that either my co-worker or the rep he spoke with was confused. Half price nights are still on.
I apologize for the confusion