PDA

View Full Version : Solution when Jose gets recalled

OurBitchinMinny
05-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Jose goes to SS I guess. Id rather have uribe there but I dont know if Jose can play 2B. Uribe plays 2b then. And willie becomes the CF. He will have more range than rowand and the only difference will be in arm strength. Rowand is not a gold glover by any stretch, so dont give that defense crap. If we want to be a legit threat we cant have aaron rowand in CF.

If there is anyway to unload valentin and his salary, do it. Get as much as you can, but dont hold him for ransom. If you can unload jose, do it. Then Uribe goes to SS, willie back to 2B and hopefully reed is ready by the time this happens.

The only thing I know for sure is that uribe has to be in the lineup. You cant take harris out when hes is getting on base and getting his average up. That means either Jose or Rowand has to come off the bench. Both of them K way too much, but Jose is a proven player. Rowand sucks and has done nothing to ever earn the job. Trade one, package them both and bring reed up. Do whatever it takes, but the key is that URIBE MUST BE IN THE LINEUP.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 02:43 AM
i tend to agree somewhat. manos is awesome, but getting old man. we need young reflexes at ss. we also need someone who doens't throw into the 1st base stand on a normal basis

SoxxoS
05-04-2004, 02:47 AM
If you think Rowand is bad in CF...wait until you see Willie out there.

OurBitchinMinny
05-04-2004, 03:13 AM
I dont care who they put out there, but Aaron Rowand is not a major league baseball player, at least not a starter. The only thing he has on willie is a stronger arm. Willie is starting to come around as a hitter. I dont think he should be benched. Rowand couldnt hit danny wright right now. Willie is quick. Ideally I want willie at 2B, uribe at SS and jose in the national league somewhere and reed in CF. The only thing I know for sure is that Aaron Rowand sucks. He never has proved a damn thing in the majors and was just handed the job in ST for some reason.

Nard
05-04-2004, 03:15 AM
Why get Reed up? What's wrong with Timo? That kid is the man.

And I'm sure Willie would be just fine in CF.

OurBitchinMinny
05-04-2004, 03:16 AM
if timo can do the job great, but that will still leave willie w/o a spot and he deserves one the way he has been playing. Plus reeds gotta come up sometime if he is the future CF of the team.

Jose is now 1-19 with 11 Ks at charlotte so maybe he should just stay there. His trade value cant get much lower

dirty-mutt
05-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Harris at 2b, Valentin at SS, and Uribe getting as much time as possible at 3b, 2b, and ss. As one or the other heats up or cools, shuffle as needed. Can't just bench valentin when he comes back. who knows he could get hot and Uribe could very well somehow slow down in his pace for what, 200 hits and 30 HRs. Im glad hes killin but seriously how long can he put up these numbers. Plus of the three hes the only one who has the versatility to shuffle around the infeild and still get his ABs. As for Harris he got off to a sloppy start but it really looks like hes coming around .284 to go with a .341 OBP.. not too shabby. In CF I dont really care... Timo, rowand, just not harris, and not reed, yet.

OurBitchinMinny
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
But you cant take uribe out of the lineup right now, other than for occasional rest. If willie cannot play CF then I guess hes the one who has to come off the bench. I would love to see jose traded, but hopefully he can get another hit before he gets recalled

Irishsox1
05-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Jose Valentin is going to sit on the bench as long as Uribe is playing the way he is. You go with the hot hand.

OurBitchinMinny
05-04-2004, 11:08 AM
I agree with that, but I bet ozzie will put jose in right away. uribe can not go to the bench. Willie either goes to the bench or CF. I want him in CF. Maybe uribe can give crede a few days off too so he can figure out who to mix in some base hits. doesnt have to be either HR or K.

WWIII
05-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Weren't they considering putting Jose in CF a year or so ago? Was this just a joke, or should it be considered?

34 Inch Stick
05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Absolutely not. His hamstring problems are recurring and his speed has definitely left him.

Let Jose get his hitting stroke back in AAA. Then its Jose at SS, Uribe at 2B and Harris playing our version of Melvin Mora at 2B, CF etc.

Let's not get too sold on one month performances. We need Jose here the entire year.

By the way, anyone else think Jose will retire at the end of this year?