PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Not Be Happy?

ukigdog
05-04-2004, 01:03 AM
How the heck can we not be happy about the white sox. I dont want to hear any complaining for now, here is a short list of what weve done, and might i add, pretty darn good:

1. We are in first place
2. We have second best record in all of baseball
3. We are better than the cubs record wise thus far
4. We have been getting solid hitting, pitching, and releif when needed
5. We went from no games on ESPN to 2 this week against Baltimore, getting noticed
6. They talked good about us on ESPN
7. We won on ESPN
8. Ozzie is working out to be way better than Manuel
9. Koch has converted 4 of 5 saves this season
10.Willie Harris has an average of .275 if not higher??
11.Juan Uribe is a steal thus far, better than keeping Alomar, who wait, is on the DL last i heard
12.Konerko is hitting, last year was a fluke for him
13.Schoenweis is showing us he can be a no. 4 starter thus far
14.Shingo is starting to dominate
15.Olivo is making large strides offensively
16.Valentin is not playing and looks at best to be platooning
17.Danny Wright is in the minors
18.Loaiza starts season 4-0
19.Thomas is hitting near .290s
20.Thomas volunteered to switch to 4 spot and is being team player.

List goes on and on my friends. I understand that there are little things like we need maybe one or two more pitchers and maybe CF to be able to beat teams in playoffs, but hello, trade deadline?? KW will get a deal done by then if we continue our pace. Everyone needs to stop throwing a tantrum everytime something slightly goes wrong, we cant win 162 games. Chill out everyone, and lets enjoy being in first place.

The only valid complaint i see right now is that the media hates us, but other than that I LOVE BEING A SOX FAN, an d GO SOX!!!

SoxxoS
05-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Great list. Can never have enough optimism around here.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 01:11 AM
love the whole thing man. Sox are doing great and everything is falling into place.

Though i think oz will put manos back at ss. i don't like it but it will happen

chisox06
05-04-2004, 01:13 AM
DAMN RIGHT! Get your panties out of a bind people. We concentrate more on why we should of lost than why we won. When we start losing I'll start jumping on the lets point our every weakness on this teams band wagon. Until then, at the end of the day if its a W its a damn W!

Sox, sole poessison of first place, SECOND BEST RECORD IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE . Will the success be this great all year? Probably not. But my god people enjoy it while were winning ball games.

WhiteSox = Life
05-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Ukigdog, excellent list!

Every single point is good and positive (even including a thrown in Cubs reference, but hey if WSI only devoted 5% to the Cubs, there'd be much less Cubs talk).

I like your signature, too, citing the number of series losses by the Sox in 2004. A month through the season and we've only lost 1? And, against the Yankees in which we were in each game? That's fantastic.

Series wins = positive results.
Positive results = happy fans.
Happy fans = much better environment.

Here's to the Sox to keep on piling up the victories, one game at a time. The schedule's soon to get tough, but I'm feeling good so far. Keep it up, guys!

:gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 01:17 AM
focusing on the positives remminds me of this link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32721)

WhiteSox = Life
05-04-2004, 01:21 AM
And, focusing on the positives reminds me of what a cool and wonderful person I am.

:cool:

Railsplitter
05-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Happy, yes, but let's not be content until there is a pile of humanity in some infield wearing Sox unis after the final out of the World Series.

inta
05-04-2004, 09:03 AM
i think the key is a healthy medium on this all.
i'm surely not going to get overly excited like our northside neighbors seem to be doing already this year. at least not until we're IN the WS.

but i see no point in whining and crying like a miserable mope like most around here. especially about a WIN.

Dadawg_77
05-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Its not the outcome but the method. The season is still very young, and some of the methods we are using won't work over the long term. Yes a win is nice but it is only one game, we still need to go 79 and 58 the rest of the way out to win this division comfortably. Can we do it is the question now.

Dan H
05-04-2004, 09:19 AM
I am not going to cry and moan. After years of poor starts, a 16-9 record is one of the most positive things to happen on the south side in years. Also, winning one run games is a sign of a contending team. Having said that, I am still concerned about the starting pitching. It is somewhat amazing that Scheonwies is the most consistent starter. But there is a lot to be optimistic about. A team can't contend in September if it doesn't win in April and May.

Palehose13
05-04-2004, 09:20 AM
I totally agree. I am happy as all get out, but not content. ;)

Sure, we have won some nail biters and games that maybe we shouldn't have won. However, it all builds confidence. Which way do you think the players feel this morning:

a. Damn, we almost lost that one last night. We better watch out for these O's.

OR

b. Hell Yeah! First place. We're winning and this feels GOOD!

I'm guessing a lot more are think b and not a...excpet maybe Ozzie. After that 9th inning I hope he went to the hotel bar and :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: and is now thinking: "Wat de hel an I gunna dew about a clozer?"

TDog
05-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Happy, yes, but let's not be content until there is a pile of humanity in some infield wearing Sox unis after the final out of the World Series.

Even then, a lot of us would be discontented five months later.

Irishsox1
05-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Yes, its been good so far, but the Minnesota Twins still scare me and will continue to untill the Sox kick there butts and win the central.

chisoxmike
05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
I think it's still early, but don't get me wrong. If someone told me that they would be 16-9 on May 4. I would've laughed my white ass off. They are playing well, and could be 19-6 if we didn't piss 3 games away.

And lets look at another good stat....

they haven't lost more than 2 games in a row. I like that stat the most.

ma_deuce
05-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Yes, its been good so far, but the Minnesota Twins still scare me and will continue to untill the Sox kick there butts...

I agree. I think the Sox are doing great, but May 24th will tell the whole story. If we are in first place after 7 with the Twinks, then we'll have something to really cheer about.

Deuce

Lip Man 1
05-04-2004, 12:42 PM
With this start I am happy. :)

Lip

Palehose13
05-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
With this start I am happy. :)

Lip
Is Hell freezing over? :D:

wdelaney72
05-04-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm happy, but also "cautiously optimisti". When the all-star break comes and the Sox are in contention for the playoffs, I want to see KW address our desperate need for a #1 pitcher and a CF. I think Kenny will pull the trigger when the time comes. That will make me 100% unquestionably happy.

faneidde
05-04-2004, 12:51 PM
I can't believe no one has posted this yet, but....

:threadrules:

Baby Fisk
05-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TDog
Even then, a lot of us would be discontented five months later.

No way. A WS win would be life-altering. I know this kind of deluded fantasy is wildly premature, hence the pipe-dream pink, but we all have visions of what "The Final Out" will look and feel like. The celebrations will be unforgettable, 87 years of darkness finally eradicated by exploding pinwheels marking the capture of a World Championship. It's good to keep these fantasies in the back of one's mind, but some years it feels closer to reality than others. So far, this is one of those years. I mean, dear god, even LipMan is feeling optimistic! GO GO SOX! :D:

hsnterprize
05-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
How the heck can we not be happy about the white sox. I dont want to hear any complaining for now, here is a short list of what weve done, and might i add, pretty darn good:

1. We are in first place
2. We have second best record in all of baseball
3. We are better than the cubs record wise thus far
4. We have been getting solid hitting, pitching, and releif when needed
5. We went from no games on ESPN to 2 this week against Baltimore, getting noticed
6. They talked good about us on ESPN
7. We won on ESPN
8. Ozzie is working out to be way better than Manuel
9. Koch has converted 4 of 5 saves this season
10.Willie Harris has an average of .275 if not higher??
11.Juan Uribe is a steal thus far, better than keeping Alomar, who wait, is on the DL last i heard
12.Konerko is hitting, last year was a fluke for him
13.Schoenweis is showing us he can be a no. 4 starter thus far
14.Shingo is starting to dominate
15.Olivo is making large strides offensively
16.Valentin is not playing and looks at best to be platooning
17.Danny Wright is in the minors
18.Loaiza starts season 4-0
19.Thomas is hitting near .290s
20.Thomas volunteered to switch to 4 spot and is being team player.

List goes on and on my friends. I understand that there are little things like we need maybe one or two more pitchers and maybe CF to be able to beat teams in playoffs, but hello, trade deadline?? KW will get a deal done by then if we continue our pace. Everyone needs to stop throwing a tantrum everytime something slightly goes wrong, we cant win 162 games. Chill out everyone, and lets enjoy being in first place.

The only valid complaint i see right now is that the media hates us, but other than that I LOVE BEING A SOX FAN, an d GO SOX!!! I've been optimistic about this team since day one. In fact, I said in a post before the start of the season that "the Sox can win, the Sox should win, and the Sox WILL win." Use that as the motto for 2004.

I said in an e-mail that was read by the NBC 5 Morning Show team that the Sox will go far into the post-season while expectations will ultimately kill the Cubs, and they'll not even make the playoffs. Is that optimism, or what?

SSN721
05-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Whats with all this optimism on this thread. I demand that it be locked immediately before the hopefulness and optimism spread to the rest of the site. IT MUST BE STOPPED! :) :gulp:
I have to second this:
:threadrules:

nasox
05-04-2004, 01:57 PM
A happy thread at WSI. Get outta here. And hell is freezing over-Lip said he was happpy!