PDA

View Full Version : Farmer: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

nasox
05-04-2004, 01:01 AM
Spawning from the other thread about Farmer started by PHG about him and the Canadian Anthem, do you like, dislike, or feel indifferent to him. OR, are you not able to listen to Radio broadcasts of the game, or choose not to listen to those same Radio broadcasts. Vote indifferent if you cannot or choose not to listen. Did you like him before and do not like him now? Did the Canadian Anthem fiasco piss you off? If you do not listen to the radio, why? (besides the fact that TV is there or that it is not available in your area)

As for me, I like Farmer but I do feel he has gotten a little "preachy" lately. I voted like, but soon that vote could change. I have to listen to him because I do not have cable TV. Take it from me, it really sucks.
And as far as Rooney is concerned, he is one of the best in the biz, no questions asked.

ChiSoxBobette
05-04-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by nasox
Spawning from the other thread about Farmer started by PHG about him and the Canadian Anthem, do you like, dislike, or feel indifferent to him. OR, are you not able to listen to Radio broadcasts of the game, or choose not to listen to those same Radio broadcasts. Vote indifferent if you cannot or choose not to listen. Did you like him before and do not like him now? Did the Canadian Anthem fiasco piss you off? If you do not listen to the radio, why? (besides the fact that TV is there or that it is not available in your area)

As for me, I like Farmer but I do feel he has gotten a little "preachy" lately. I voted like, but soon that vote could change. I have to listen to him because I do not have cable TV. Take it from me, it really sucks.
And as far as Rooney is concerned, he is one of the best in the biz, no questions asked.

I like Farmer to but it seems as if sometimes he go's out of his way to play up the other team, he's the White Sox radio announcer he should be more involved with what the Sox are doing than telling stories about the opposition. I like John Rooney a lot more and sometimes from the sound of Rooney's remarks after Farmer tells his stories even Rooney seems to get annoyed.

ma_deuce
05-04-2004, 08:23 AM
I am really indifferent to Farmer. He tends to go off on tangents too often, but he is great when he has his head in the game.

Deuce

vegyrex
05-04-2004, 08:30 AM
I like. :smile:

fledgedrallycap
05-04-2004, 09:09 AM
I really like Farmer. He has a very good self-depricating sense of humor and maintains a nice repoire with Rooney.

A.T. Money
05-04-2004, 09:13 AM
I think Farmer is dry, boring, and weird.

SSN721
05-04-2004, 09:19 AM
I like Farmer. I think they are a good team and he has a very dry wit and delivery that I enjoy. I dont mind his stories and tangents and if you think that is bad, you certainly havent heard a full Cubs broadcast. I think he did get a little preachy the other day but I dont think he was dissing Canada or its anthem, he just didnt word what he was trying to say properly.

Dadawg_77
05-04-2004, 09:52 AM
The only reason I like Farmer is he provides great material for the King.

Viva Magglio
05-04-2004, 10:34 AM
I am currently in the "dislike" camp. If you want to know why, read my post in the Farmer-Anthem thread.

Hangar18
05-04-2004, 11:53 AM
We should DUMP Farmer and Do Anything & Everything Possible
to Get BOB UECKER to do SOX Broadcasts on the Air
BEFORE THE CUBS DO. Things would be horrible if that happened .........Uecker would give us More Attention

mdep524
05-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Love Farmer. Thumbs way up.

habibharu
05-04-2004, 12:12 PM
:hawk "I love Ed Farmer"

DrCrawdad
05-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Ed Farmer is kinda creepy.

JRIG
05-04-2004, 12:21 PM
I have a question. Do you think he's serious every game when he talks about having a 4-run lead being important because "then a slam just ties you"?

I mean, really. How often will you walk the bases loaded or allow three runners to reach base without scoring? Usually a run or two will trickle in. Then a home run may beat you.

bahn1225
05-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Ed Farmer is kinda creepy.

And that's why so many of us like him :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
We should DUMP Farmer and Do Anything & Everything Possible
to Get BOB UECKER to do SOX Broadcasts on the Air
BEFORE THE CUBS DO. Things would be horrible if that happened .........Uecker would give us More Attention

what makes you think uecker is leaving milwaukee after living and spending/working most of his life there? bob is one of the things the fans actually like about the brewers.

Realist
05-04-2004, 01:34 PM
I checked indiferent.

Do I like his analysis? Yes.
Does it drive me crazy when he answers his own questions? Yes.

habibharu
05-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Realist
I checked indiferent.

Do I like his analysis? Yes.
Does it drive me crazy when he answers his own questions? Yes. who are you, jerry angelo?

Clembasbal
05-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Gotta give him props...he is a St. Rita Brethren.

:farmer
"Let us cheer for old St. Rita...with our colors red and blue...and we will beat the asses of all other catholic league schools because we rule!"

DrCrawdad
05-04-2004, 03:14 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/Farmer.jpg
"Have I mentioned before that Jon Garland grew up not too far from my place..."

patbooyah
05-04-2004, 03:16 PM
the thing about farmer is that whenever i get to listen to him i am always entertained. sometimes i'm "entertained" with him, and sometimes i'm "entertained" at him. i kind of look at him as radio's harry caray in training.

jackbrohamer
05-04-2004, 03:29 PM
I lost a lot of respect for him in 1998 when all the Ventura trade rumors were circulating at the trade deadline, he excoriated Sox fans for not coming to the ballpark more, therby giving Reinsdorf more money to be able to sign him.

FWIW, my father's also a St. Rita grad, can't stand Farmer either