PDA

View Full Version : An Ode to Schoenweiss and Defense

ChiSox7
05-03-2004, 11:06 PM
With all the Koch complaining going on tonight, there hasn't been very much said about how awesome Scott was tonight. He has been great in 4 of 5 starts, and in that one start, Uribe missplayed a ball and Maggs dropped the ball to rise his ERA up a bit. He has really been a great surprise for us and was awesome tonight.

And the miscues in that game are a segue for me, as I want to laud the defense. We haven't made an error in 51 innings, which is awesome for a White Sox team. COuld we be better? Yes. Do we have problems? Yes, but we are winning, and that's all that matters.

I figured I'd be a bit positive for all the negativity :) I bring to the chat

Thigpen Rules
05-03-2004, 11:09 PM
:)

Im with you my friend, Schoeneweis has been a pleasent suprise, pitched great tonight. When we got him last year i though it was a good pickup cause during the halos world series run he was a key part, he can pitch

KUDOS to Scott & Uribe great job boys

p.s dont worry abot Koch, have you seen these other closers this year. Koch is doing well

Shoeless Joe
05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
It's good to see a few optimistic threads going after a win! :D: I don't care what anybody says, the Sox are on fire. Each win is only going to compound to this team psyche. Even though Koch seems to make every save situation a nail biter he's the only guy we got. Schoenweiss put up another great start and the defense always seems to make the big plays when we need them. So far so good. Let's get another win tomorrow and get another series under our belts.

Frankfan4life
05-03-2004, 11:30 PM
I also want to say something positive about today's game. I thought Schoeneweis pitched a fantastic game. I don't know what his pitch count was but I was hoping he could have completed the game. Uribe was all around spectacular today. He gets something done every time he plays. He has got to stay in the lineup no matter what.

I'm always happy when the Sox win and I don't care how they do it. Koch, you're forgiven, but don't do it again!

batmanZoSo
05-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7

I figured I'd be a bit positive for all the negativity :) I bring to the chat

Yeah you need to work on that :smile:

elrod
05-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Schoenweis has been very impressive. Do you realize that his career ERA at Camden Yards was 9.79 before tonight? It's good to see folks exorcising demons. First Loaiza shuts down Tampa Bay and now Schony takes care of the Orioles. Garland, Loaiza and Schoenweis have been as impressive as any 1-2-3 starters in the league. Buerhle hasn't been too sharp but I'm confident he'll be fine. Not bad in the post-Colon era.

WSox8404
05-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Ha. Where did all of the Shoe's foes go?

White_Sock
05-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Ha. Where did all of the Shoe's foes go?

Drop the "oe" in "Shoes Foes" and repalce it with "ingos"

JohnBasedowYoda
05-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by White_Sock
Drop the "oe" in "Shoes Foes" and repalce it with "ingos"

shingo is da bomb.
win=1, loss=0, era= 3<,10=so

SpartanSoxFan
05-04-2004, 01:21 AM
I think Scott is doing a great job. Hopefully Jon and Mark will get their acts together and we can solve the #5 starter and closer problems.

White_Sock
05-04-2004, 01:55 AM
shingo is da bomb.
win=1, loss=0, era= 3<,10=so

I'm going to sit on my comment for the longrung. I'll get back to you in August on this one.

SSN721
05-04-2004, 07:05 AM
SS has been a wonderful suprise this year, I certainly hope he can keep it up. Its nice to feel relatively confident about your chances of winning with 4 of your starters. If Diaz is brought up or Cotts, hopefully we can have a solid five. That would be phenomonal. Last night was a great performance, a game that we had a lot fo things go our way but at least the team took advantage of it. All in all, great start. Keep it up. :gulp:

SSN721
05-04-2004, 07:06 AM
And I am pretty confident that Shingo will be solid out of the pen for the majority of the year. :)