PDA

View Full Version : The Weather is Against the Sox

WSox8404
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Honestly, this is getting on my nerves. First the Yankees series. Freezing cold and rain. Then the Toronto series. Freezing cold and rain. Come to think about it, this whole homestand sucked weather wise. But look at the Scrubs. They are coming home tomorrow. Close to 70 and sunny. Wouldn't you know it; the Sox will be on the road. If you sit down and think about it, the Scrubs had great weather so far at home and the Sox had crappy weather. Maybe this has something to do with the huge attendence difference between the two teams, Mr. Mariotti?

jabrch
05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
Honestly, this is getting on my nerves. First the Yankees series. Freezing cold and rain. Then the Toronto series. Freezing cold and rain. Come to think about it, this whole homestand sucked weather wise. But look at the Scrubs. They are coming home tomorrow. Close to 70 and sunny. Wouldn't you know it; the Sox will be on the road. If you sit down and think about it, the Scrubs had great weather so far at home and the Sox had crappy weather. Maybe this has something to do with the huge attendence difference between the two teams, Mr. Mariotti?

The Weather? Who Cares? The weather was against the Jays also in this series. And guess what? The Sox won 3 of 4. This has nothing to do with the Cubs.

Geez

soltrain21
05-03-2004, 12:51 PM
He is talking about for attendence. Which is true, we did have some bad weather while the Cubs get perfect sunny weather.

Just another attendence thread though, all in all...

JohnBasedowYoda
05-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
all in all... we're all just bricks in the wall

soltrain21
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Or dollar signs to Jerry..

jabrch
05-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
He is talking about for attendence. Which is true, we did have some bad weather while the Cubs get perfect sunny weather.

Just another attendence thread though, all in all...

OK - from that pespective I get it. But the weather doesn't discriminate between the Cubs and the Sox.

That makes this thread an attendence and a Cubs thread.

zzzzzzzzzz

WSox8404
05-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
OK - from that pespective I get it. But the weather doesn't discriminate between the Cubs and the Sox.

That makes this thread an attendence and a Cubs thread.

zzzzzzzzzz

My point is that it is a pain in the ass so far to go see a Sox game. You bundle up, but still are freezing. Then you see the Cubs home games and see the fairies up there in short sleeve shirts and shorts. It pisses me off. I almost froze to death in the upper deck in the third game of the Yankees series. Thank God they won, cause I would have been both cold and pissed if they lost.

blueeyes33
05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
thats because mother nature loves the cubs

Frater Perdurabo
05-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Yes the weather sucks. And yes, it has worked against the Sox on this long homestand that has just concluded.

MLB must do a better job of building the schedules. Neither the Sox nor Cubs should play more than two or three home series in April due to the unpredictability of the weather.

There are enough warm-weather cities in the South and on the West Coast, and enough dome teams to keep the schedules balanced, especially given interleague play. Then there are teams that would love to not play so many games at home in the brutally hot months of July and August. Spread the interleague games throughout the season for added flexibility, which would have the added benefit of allowing the leagues to balance out at 3 divisions of 5 teams each.

Teams that should not play much at home in April: White Sox, Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Indians, Tigers, Rockies. Teams that should not play much at home in July and August: Rangers, Braves, Marlins, Royals, Cardinals, Reds. The point is that a fair and equitable solution can and should be found.

Blueprint1
05-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Who cares??? If we keep winning people will come. If we suck people will not come. Thats the rules to every team in baseball taht dont have a) new stadiums or b) old stadiums that people like to say they were at.

Palehose13
05-03-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm tryigng to figure out which one of you is Mike North. I'm getting tired of his "God is a cub fan b/c of the weather" act.

Lip Man 1
05-03-2004, 01:59 PM
It's a grand conspiracy!

Although I do have one question. I know that after a tentative schedule is released all MLB teams have the right to request changes. When the Sox saw so many April home games, did they do this? Or did they just shut up and take it not wanting to anger Proud To Be Your Bud Selig and his minions.

Lip

delben91
05-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's a grand conspiracy!

Although I do have one question. I know that after a tentative schedule is released all MLB teams have the right to request changes. When the Sox saw so many April home games, did they do this? Or did they just shut up and take it not wanting to anger Proud To Be Your Bud Selig and his minions.

Lip

Is there even really a way to find out if the Sox raised any hay?

Foulke You
05-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's a grand conspiracy!

Lip

I have a feeling the Sox probably did complain but most teams probably get the whole "We'll take this under consideration" runaround that most corporate execs give and then they do whatever they want anyway. Judging by how much Farmer and Rooney have been bitching on the air about it, I have a feeling the Sox got stuck with this despite protests.

Baby Fisk
05-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
My point is that it is a pain in the ass so far to go see a Sox game. You bundle up, but still are freezing. Then you see the Cubs home games and see the fairies up there in short sleeve shirts and shorts. It pisses me off. I almost froze to death in the upper deck in the third game of the Yankees series. Thank God they won, cause I would have been both cold and pissed if they lost.

Don't be pissed off, WSox8404. Your dedication makes you better than 40,000 northsiders! :cool: