PDA

View Full Version : Four Man Rotation?

Dadawg_77
05-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Instead of trying to find someone to fill Wrights spot, why not just drop it completely? This has been done in the past successfully and could help the Sox out as they will get more starts from your best pitchers.

Palehose13
05-03-2004, 10:14 AM
I would like to see Diaz come up and get a shot. I am not so sure that I would risk seeing if our starters can handle the heat (literally and figuratively) of summer on three days rest.

MRKARNO
05-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Plenty of reasons why not to.

A. The Pitchers will probably only be allowed to pitch up to 100 pitches at the very most and will have shorter outings overall, putting more stress on the bullpen.

B. It puts unneeded stress on the 4 pitchers arms

C. We have good options not named Danny Wright (Diaz, Rauch, Grilli, trade, etc.)

IronFisk
05-03-2004, 12:15 PM
As for myself, I'd love to take the time and research how many arms "burned out" before the age of the 5-man. I always thought these pitchers have been handled WAY to carefully - and too much reliance on that 100-pitch crap.

I say, have them return to a 4-man, and earn their big fat contracts - and give us a better chance to win, instead of "giving up" every fifth game or so.

jabrch
05-03-2004, 12:44 PM
I don't want to go to a 4 man rotation. We need to conserve our pen - and a 4 man rotation would be a bad idea from that respect.

If we want to try someone else from the farm - that's fine, but if not, I'd rather have Wright than a 4 man rotation.

That said, these 5 or under IP starts from Wright are not helping us any.

Lip Man 1
05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Jabrch says: "If we want to try someone else from the farm - that's fine, but if not, I'd rather have Wright than a 4 man rotation."

Or we could do some radical! We could trade for an established pitcher to prop up the back end of the rotation. All that would cost is some money.....

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jabrch says: "If we want to try someone else from the farm - that's fine, but if not, I'd rather have Wright than a 4 man rotation."

Or we could do some radical! We could trade for an established pitcher to prop up the back end of the rotation. All that would cost is some money.....

Lip

Amen.