PDA

View Full Version : Sox' VORP


Dadawg_77
05-03-2004, 09:41 AM
The White Sox Vaule of Repalcement Level Player. This is like a couting stat in that it gets larger through the year. VORP is also postion wieghted. Rank in the AL is listed

C
1B Konkerko 8.7 (4th tied)
2B Harris 2.2 (12/21)
3B Crede .4 (11/18)
SS Olivio 4.7 (6th)
LF Lee 1.1 (13)
CF Rowland 1.6 (9th)
RF Ordonez 7.4 (4th)
DH Thomas 12.3 (1st)

samram
05-03-2004, 10:02 AM
I would like to see where Guerrero is listed, since that is upon whom Mags is basing his contract demands.

Dadawg_77
05-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by samram
I would like to see where Guerrero is listed, since that is upon whom Mags is basing his contract demands.


Number one.

MRKARNO
05-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
The White Sox Vaule of Repalcement Level Player. This is like a couting stat in that it gets larger through the year. VORP is also postion wieghted. Rank in the AL is listed

C
1B Konkerko 8.7 (4th tied)
2B Harris 2.2 (12/21)
3B Crede .4 (11/18)
SS Olivio 4.7 (6th)
LF Lee 1.1 (13)
CF Rowland 1.6 (9th)
RF Ordonez 7.4 (4th)
DH Thomas 12.3 (1st)

Those are a little bit old, here's the updated version. Rank is in AL

C
1B Konerko 7.8 (5th)
2B Harris 3.4 (10th)
3B Crede -0.4 (14th)
SS Uribe 13.7 (2nd)
LF Lee 1.2 (13th)
CF Rowand 1.9 (10th)
RF Maggs 7.0 (4th)
DH Thomas 13.7 (1st)

lowesox
05-03-2004, 10:42 AM
A few pleasant surprises there.

Originally posted by MRKARNO

1B Konerko 7.8 (5th)
2B Harris 3.4 (10th)
SS Uribe 13.7 (2nd)
CF Rowand 1.9 (10th)
DH Thomas 13.7 (1st)

Although, I thought these rankings were a little disapointing...

Originally posted by MRKARNO

3B Crede -0.4 (14th)
LF Lee 1.2 (13th)

Deadguy
05-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Thomas is #1 in the Sagarin ratings:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/alb04.htm

kermittheefrog
05-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Deadguy
Thomas is #1 in the Sagarin ratings:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/alb04.htm

Those ratings make me cringe! Including RBI? :angry:

Cubbiesuck13
05-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Crede may be doing awfull, stat wise but where does he rank in game winning/tying runs drove in?

JRIG
05-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
Crede may be doing awfull, stat wise but where does he rank in game winning/tying runs drove in?

Maybe if guys like Crede produced earlier in the game he wouldn't have to hit so many Sac Flies in the bottom of the ninth.

pearso66
05-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Yes getting them earlier would be nice, but its nice to know that if he does get them earlier, and we are in the same position, he can be pretty clutch.

MRKARNO
05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Regular stats:
.235 4 HR 12 RBI .691 OPS

Close and Late:
.308 0 HR 5 RBI .621 OPS

Last 7 days:
.409 7 HR 7 RBI 1.073 OPS

Analysis: Crede got off to a slow start, but he was coming up big in close and late situations with 5 RBI compared to his total of 12 on the year. He has reallly started to heat up the past 7 days which indicates that his early season slump is probably over and we can expect a productive Crede now instead of the automatic out earlier in the year.

Cubbiesuck13
05-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Maybe if guys like Crede produced earlier in the game he wouldn't have to hit so many Sac Flies in the bottom of the ninth.

and if frogs had wings they would not scrape their butt everytime they hopped. be happy we don't have a ShaMe, someone that gets pretty good looking stats when it doesn't matter. a win is a win is a win and a player who helps them win is a great asset.

kermittheefrog
05-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
and if frogs had wings they would not scrape their butt everytime they hopped. be happy we don't have a ShaMe, someone that gets pretty good looking stats when it doesn't matter. a win is a win is a win and a player who helps them win is a great asset.

I'd take Sosa over Crede in a second.

SoxFan76
05-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I'd take Sosa over Crede in a second.

Ok, I know Sosa is going to the Hall of Fame, I know he has 500+ home runs, but I would STILL take Crede over Sosa. Crede is lightyears ahead of Sammy in defense, and he has proven he can hit when it counts, not when his team is losing by 7 runs. Crede's defense alone makes him very valuable to this club.

Konerko05
05-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Ok, I know Sosa is going to the Hall of Fame, I know he has 500+ home runs, but I would STILL take Crede over Sosa. Crede is lightyears ahead of Sammy in defense, and he has proven he can hit when it counts, not when his team is losing by 7 runs. Crede's defense alone makes him very valuable to this club.

You aren't serious, are you?

Cubbiesuck13
05-03-2004, 06:19 PM
There is no way that I would want ShaME SoSo on my team.

kermittheefrog
05-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13
There is no way that I would want ShaME SoSo on my team.

You seem like one of those people who would have spent years bashing Albert Belle and suddenly turned around to say "Fernando Vina deserved that tackle!"