PDA

View Full Version : Cubune/Cub-Times Ballpark Food Polls overwhelmingly Favors SOX....BUT....

Hangar18
05-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Listening to the radio this morning, certain radio station
was commenting on how the White Sox won by a 75% margin over the Cubs in having the BEST ballpark food. the host mentioned all of the food available, from steak sandwiches, tamales, churros etc, in which the 2nd Host Replied "Why does a team have to do all of that to get fans in their park, the (insert other team here) keep it simple, and dont have to do all that. I'll take a plain hot dog anyday".
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I thought my god, is this the next wave of media downplaying of something Positive at comiskey?

cheeses_h_rice
05-03-2004, 09:24 AM
:whocares

miker
05-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I thought my god, is this the next wave of media downplaying of something Positive at comiskey?

You may notice all the press time that the media's favorite representative Sox fan -- William Ligue, Jr. -- is getting thanks to his latest brush with the law.

The media doesn't respect us and never will...and I am fine with that. The feeling is mutual.

nasox
05-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
:whocares \

The who cares tag has been so popular lately, probably due to all the media biasness, cub bashing threads we've seen lately. Mercy

JohnBasedowYoda
05-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by nasox
The who cares tag has been so popular lately, probably due to all the media biasness, cub bashing threads we've seen lately. Mercy

I concur, the "who cares" can certainly be used too much. There's millions of threads that we can run around posting that guy on.

But i agree with hangar, these schlubs fans insult the cell variety just for the sake of disagreement and making the urinal look better.

kittle42
05-03-2004, 10:35 AM
I was told by a Cardinal fan in St. Louis that they would never go to the Cell because you can get killed outside the park, and that Wrigley is therefore much safer.

Basically, they think the Sox are located in South Central.

Frater Perdurabo
05-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by kittle42
I was told by a Cardinal fan in St. Louis that they would never go to the Cell because you can get killed outside the park, and that Wrigley is therefore much safer.

Exhibit #9,823 in the case to demonstrate how the media influences perception. Hitler, a master of public relations, was known to have said, "If you tell a lie long enough, eventually it becomes the truth."

TommyJohn
05-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
Exhibit #9,823 in the case to demonstrate how the media influences perception. Hitler, a master of public relations, was known to have said, "If you tell a lie long enough, eventually it becomes the truth."

And that, dear friends, is why Mr. Mariotti constantly repeats the
phrase "ill-conceived, poorly-designed ballpark in a less-than-
desirable neighborhood" so often that it has become a mantra.
He knows what he's doing.

ewokpelts
05-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
And that, dear friends, is why Mr. Mariotti constantly repeats the
phrase "ill-conceived, poorly-designed ballpark in a less-than-
desirable neighborhood" so often that it has become a mantra.
He knows what he's doing.

sterile ball mall...not ballpark
Gene

Railsplitter
05-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo

It was Hitler's Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebeles, and the line is "Any lie if frequently repeated, will eventually gain acceptance."

Viva Magglio
05-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by kittle42

That Cardinal fan must be out of his/her mind or is just plain naive. Just wait until the Cardinals play their first series at Wrigley. All those fans from St. Louis coming up I-55 will be made to feel very uncomfortable around the Unfriendly Confines.

nut_stock
05-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Last summer I took a Cardinals fan to the cell, and yes he too had thought he was going to a war zone. (courtesy of his dad) He was a little shocked when we got there, (We even drove around Bridgeport a little) . I remember him saying that his Dad was full of **** and that this was a nicer neighborhood than where he used to live. Overall he was very impressed at his first game at the Cell.

Anyways, I live near St. Louis and many cardinal fans believe what Cub fans have told them about the Sox. It is frightening!

maurice
05-04-2004, 01:19 PM
I used to have a ****headed acquaintance (thankfully, no longer) who used to say that Bridgeport was "in the ghetto." One day, his own mother told him to ****, because (according to her) Bridgeport makes the middle-class, western suburb they lived in look like "the ghetto."