PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Baerga?

jordan23ventura
05-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Arizona is going to lose pretty badly this year and may be willing to part with an inexpensive veteran switch hitting infielder. May be a good bench option to think about in case we get to the playoffs and somebody (cough, Harris) chokes or we need another pinch hitter. For a low level minor leaguer this would be a steal, otherwise if a package could be arranged somehow Alex Cintron or Richie Sexson would look good in a Sox uniform. Ok, that's wishful thinking.

kermittheefrog
05-03-2004, 03:33 AM
I suppose Baerga couldn't possibly be worse than our bench options right now. I wouldn't mind having him, he could be the best hitter on our bench but I don't know about trusting him in the field. He wasn't a good fielder as a young player.

gosox41
05-03-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Arizona is going to lose pretty badly this year and may be willing to part with an inexpensive veteran switch hitting infielder. May be a good bench option to think about in case we get to the playoffs and somebody (cough, Harris) chokes or we need another pinch hitter. For a low level minor leaguer this would be a steal, otherwise if a package could be arranged somehow Alex Cintron or Richie Sexson would look good in a Sox uniform. Ok, that's wishful thinking.

I think this team really needs to pick up another ex-Cleveland Indian player from an Indians team that was good over 5 years ago, but not good enough to win. I think he should next bring in Jaret Wright.

Bob

kittle42
05-03-2004, 10:16 AM
I must say that Carlos Baerga is not my idea of a helpful addition to this team.

beckett21
05-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Carlos Baerga was a good player...10 years ago. I think I'll pass on the 2004 version.

Cintron is promising and would be a nice addition, but I doubt that AZ would trade him for peanuts. He looks to be a big part of their future.

Sexson is the franchise. They'll blow the team up and rebuild around him. He's going nowhere.

As far as a solid 2B addition, Vidro remains the best reasonable possibility IMO.

JDP
05-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
Carlos Baerga was a good player...10 years ago. I think I'll pass on the 2004 version.

How about the 2003 version?

207 ABs, .343 AVG, .860 OPS, 4 HRs, 39 RBIs