PDA

View Full Version : Brian Daubach


RKMeibalane
05-02-2004, 09:44 PM
For those of you interested, Brian Daubach and the Boston Red Sox are playing on ESPN. As a matter of fact, Daubach just struck out looking. Texas is leading 1-0 in the seventh inning.

It's really a shame how badly Daubach was misused by Manuel last season. I thought he did a good job for the Sox, considering that he didn't get much playing time. To this day, I still don't understand JM's decision to send Konerko out there when he was hitting under .200. I guess that's just another thing that Manuel didn't understand.

batmanZoSo
05-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Why did we get Daubach in the first place with no spot for him? I felt sorry for him. He's a good player. And he's a starter for any team that can't afford a 10 million dollar first baseman. We need to dump Konerko, get another Daubach type and spend money on center field or pitching.

RKMeibalane
05-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Why did we get Daubach in the first place with no spot for him? I felt sorry for him. He's a good player. And he's a starter for any team that can't afford a 10 million dollar first baseman. We need to dump Konerko, get another Daubach type and spend money on center field or pitching.

Gload may eventually turn into a Daubach-type player. I like what I've seen from him so far this season.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-02-2004, 10:32 PM
I will never forget those games Brian was forced to play right field last year. Absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen at the major league level.

batmanZoSo
05-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Gload may eventually turn into a Daubach-type player. I like what I've seen from him so far this season.

He's a spitting image. Daubach was a 27-28 year old rookie in 1999 and he's had pretty good career. Gload is on the same career path.

A. Cavatica
05-02-2004, 10:53 PM
We got Daubach because we needed a lefty bat off the bench. It turned out Daubach needed to play more to stay sharp.

I think in the organization's collective mind, Borchard was going to be the big lefty bat in the lineup, and Daubach was a contingency plan.

Frank the Tank
05-02-2004, 11:20 PM
I can't believe I'm seeing a pro-Daubach thread. In reality, he sucked.

DrummerGeorgefan
05-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
He's a spitting image. Daubach was a 27-28 year old rookie in 1999 and he's had pretty good career. Gload is on the same career path.

Can Gload grow the perpetual 5 o'clock shadow?

Tragg
05-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I can't believe I'm seeing a pro-Daubach thread. In reality, he sucked.

Yes he did, but you must have missed the 100+ post string on how badly we messed up dumping Jiminez.

batmanZoSo
05-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Yes he did, but you must have missed the 100+ post string on how badly we messed up dumping Jiminez.

How did he suck? Because he was brought to a team with no spot for him and he was misused horribly?

Tragg
05-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
How did he suck? Because he was brought to a team with no spot for him and he was misused horribly?

He had value ONLY because he bats left. Otherwise, a 20-25 homer, 70 RBI a full-season first-baseman SUCKS. Bench bat, nothing more, which is I believe what he was used for.

How would you have suggested we use him?