PDA

View Full Version : Koch and Harris

lowesox
05-02-2004, 04:59 PM
These guys both got the job done today. Billy picking up the save, Willie with two hits (bringing his average up to .273), an RBI and a run scored.

We're tough on both of these guys when they fail, so we should note it when they succeed.

OurBitchinMinny
05-02-2004, 05:47 PM
I agree. If willie can maintain a .265 to .285 BA I think he will be an asset to the team. And koch is the closer as of now and he should get the ball until he really falters. Marte has been bad thus far and the only other option as I see it is wright, maybe polite, but he has failed in the past.

doublem23
05-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Nice D by Willie out there. I didn't think he had a chance to turn that DP.

Manos, you better pick it up.

starboy0
05-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Amen. Willie seemed to be on base all day and running like a jack rabbit. He caused havoc. Seeing him bunt and beating it out says it all.

Billie was all about location today. He was poppin' spots nasty style. He was a working man out there. Many batters fouled off many pitches. Billie battled them all and won.

I really think he has turned the corner on trying to blow people away and instead putting it right where they ain't.

scottyl
05-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
These guys both got the job done today. Billy picking up the save, Willie with two hits (bringing his average up to .273), an RBI and a run scored.

We're tough on both of these guys when they fail, so we should note it when they succeed.

Good point--good thread.

I want all these guys to succeed. Hopefully this is the beginning of a nice trend for Willie and Billy.

elrod
05-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Good point to give props to them.

Does anybody notice that Koch gets ahead of almost every hitter, usually to 2 strikes. Today they just kept fouling off one after another. Sometimes the batter gets a hit with 2 strikes; the other day he hit a batter with 2 strikes. But he always gets ahead. I would think that he would be a lot more effective with that practice of getting 2 strikes on every hitter. Maybe he's starting to settle in, though he's still giving up too many baserunners after 2 strikes.

Dan Gelo
05-03-2004, 03:15 AM
giving props is good policy.

SSN721
05-03-2004, 06:15 AM
I am a big fan of giving props. This thread seems far too unusual since it seems like a majority of the threads here are quite negative. I understand we dont have the best team in the history of baseball but we have a nice collection of players here I think. I really want Willie to suceed and despite a few bumps int he road I think he has performed quite well. He is a threat when he is on base and he has started getting a base a lot now. Hes a got a .326 OBP now and I dont see how anyone can really tear that down. Good for him. And good for Billy, I think it has been too small of a sample to say he has turned a corner but I certainly hope he has. He seems to be getting more comfortable and confident with each outing. I hope he can continue his trend.

gosox41
05-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by lowesox

I agree. And I also believe in the theory of selling high, or tading a player when he is on the upswing and not downswing, especially if it's one you haven o fath in.

So I hope some team is interested in Koch or PK.

Bob