PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Provided what proved to be the winning run.

:hurt

Never underestimate the Bing.......

delben91
05-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Man, what's Garland have to do? Pitch a shutout?

*delben searches for elephant gun* :)

Nard
05-02-2004, 05:31 PM
I guess the old axiom rings true: never pick a pitcher for PTC.

Where's my elephant gun? :)

patbooyah
05-02-2004, 05:32 PM
meanwhile little willie scored a run and sacraficed one in. not to mention that great double play.

i got your back, delben! :)

santo=dorf
05-02-2004, 05:33 PM
I gave up after the second game of the season realizing it ain't worth it for a case of Hamm's.

SoxBoy14
Every time I pick Crede he goes 0-5!!!

Daver
Originally posted by delben91
Man, what's Garland have to do? Pitch a shutout?

*delben searches for elephant gun* :)

Giving up less than double digit hits would be a good start......

Lemme know when you find the elephant gun,I'll pencil you in.

:redneck

batmanZoSo
05-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Thomas got the big knock, and it was the game winner.

PTC is exclusively for hitters is it not? Either way, I'd give it to Frank, not Garland.

delben91
05-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Thomas got the big knock, and it was the game winner.

PTC is exclusively for hitters is it not? Either way, I'd give it to Frank, not Garland.

Yeah, I agree with the choice. I had picked Garland for my PTC today though, so I was giving the ump a "hard time."

And unless the rules have changed, pitchers can win the PTC. I know the bullpen has won at least once this season, and I'm pretty sure Loaiza won once as well.

CLR01
05-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
PTC is exclusively for hitters is it not?

Not at all.

1. Qualifying criteria, by position.

Position Players and DH (including the bench)

Qualify to win PTC by contributing significant offensive performance, measured hitting safely, scoring, batting in runs, stealing bases, drawing walks, avoiding strikeouts, advancing runners, avoiding double-plays, not leaving runners on base (especially with two out), etcetera.
Qualify to win by playing a key role in the inning the Sox tie or take the lead, particularly in the late innings.

Starting Pitchers

Qualify to win PTC when the Sox score less than 3 runs by allowing less than 3 earned runs while pitching 7+ innings.
Qualify to win PTC when the Sox score 3 or more runs by holding the opposition to less than 5 hits OR pitching a complete game OR pitching 7+ innings of shutout baseball.

Relievers

Qualify to win PTC by bailing out a starter who stands to lose, by pitching shutout or near-shutout ball 2+ innings.
Qualify to win PTC by pitching through seemingly impossible relief situations unscathed or nearly-unscathed, including inherited runners.

munchman33
05-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
Every time I pick Crede he goes 0-5!!!

Please refrain from picking Joe Crede.

Whitesox029
05-02-2004, 08:21 PM
:jon
Onward and upward, smirky.... I was going to complain but then you made the point that he gave up 10 hits or whatever...

beckett21
05-02-2004, 10:00 PM
First place! YESSSSSSS!! :D:

TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2498)

dllrbll7
05-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Nard
I guess the old axiom rings true: never pick a pitcher for PTC.

Where's my elephant gun? :)

Well the first half of last season pitchers were the people to pick, or at least Loaiza. But then it seems to have become more hitter oriented. But thats just how its seemed to me.

voodoochile
05-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Well the first half of last season pitchers were the people to pick, or at least Loaiza. But then it seems to have become more hitter oriented. But thats just how its seemed to me.

A few years ago, the pitchers won ALL the time. So, last year we changed the rules to make it tougher for the pitchers to win. This year the offense has been hot (Sox lead the AL in HR by a wide margin) and the pitching has been pretty average so far.

Not that big of a shock why pitchers aren't winning any PTC at present. Garland came close yesterday, but when the Sox scored the 3rd run, it made it more likely that a hitter would win.