PDA

View Full Version : Koch in the Game

NonetheLoaiza
05-02-2004, 04:18 PM
This could be a big outing for koch if he can do the job. It may decide his closing duties.

WhiteSox = Life
05-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
This could be a big outing for koch if he can do the job. It may decide his closing duties.

And, he does, battling against Gomez, Clark and Catalanotto after Zaun led off the 9th with a hit!

SOX WIN!

:D:

inta
05-02-2004, 04:32 PM
meanwhile all of WSI is secretly biting their tongues waiting for him to screw up so they can decry him a failure once again.

SoxBoy14
05-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Koch had a great 9th inning. With two strike outs and giving up that one hit(which should have been a strike out) he had a good outing. He earned his save today, to first place :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

voodoochile
05-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by inta
meanwhile all of WSI is secretly biting their tongues waiting for him to screw up so they can decry him a failure once again.

Yes, that's it. I am hoping Koch blows a bunch of games so we can rip him a new one. In truth, I don't really want the Sox to win nearly as much as I want to see Billy Koch fall flat on his soul patched face. :?:

Maybe people are just being cautious. Koch hasn't exactly been the mark of consistency since coming over from Oakland. He looks much better and has more movement and control than at any time since he has been here, but it will take more than a few saves to make me comfortable with him in the game.

stillz
05-02-2004, 04:47 PM

I was biting my tongue openly. He's been inconsistent, erratic, unreliable, and that's why he gets dogged. Today, he gets nothing but respect for closing the door. Way to go, Koch!

inta
05-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
[

Maybe people are just being cautious. Koch hasn't exactly been the mark of consistency since coming over from Oakland. He looks much better and has more movement and control than at any time since he has been here, but it will take more than a few saves to make me comfortable with him in the game.

fair 'nuff.
but realistically, this guy's only screwed up one game this season. (opening day was marte's and politte's mess IMO).
marte, konerko and valentin seem to get more passes on screwups than koch gets.

i'm sure you've seen the gameday chat or threads. people around here seriously start to ***** their pants once koch comes on.

although i'm sure if he shaved that stupid thing off his chin he'd probably earn a larger measure of forgiveness.

voodoochile
05-02-2004, 04:59 PM
fair 'nuff.
but realistically, this guy's only screwed up one game this season. (opening day was marte's and politte's mess IMO).
marte, konerko and valentin seem to get more passes on screwups than koch gets.

i'm sure you've seen the gameday chat or threads. people around here seriously start to ***** their pants once koch comes on.

although i'm sure if he shaved that stupid thing off his chin he'd probably earn a larger measure of forgiveness.

I agree, but he screwed up a bunch last year. It isn't ALL about this season. People remember how badly he performed last year, too.

I won't hold that fuzz against him as a pitcher, but as a fashion statement, oy... Bald head and a soul patch? it's like he lost a bet.