PDA

View Full Version : Brooks on WMVP with Rooney and Farmer

DrummerGeorgefan
05-02-2004, 02:46 PM
New PR/Marketing director on right now.

He stated that he wants to continue to educate himself about the Sox fans, wants to look at how the game is presented and wants to work on how to get people who don't go to games to go.

So, IMO we should get him our emails and letters and help him. He seems willing to listen.

Hondo
05-02-2004, 02:49 PM
I was listening to that too.
He seems like a nice enough guy...
for growing up as a Tigers and Pistons fan that is.

Shockingly Farmer talked about Notre Dame(Boyers' alma mater) with him.

hsnterprize
05-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan

He stated that he wants to continue to educate himself about the Sox fans, wants to look at how the game is presented and wants to work on how to get people who don't go to games to go.

So, IMO we should get him our emails and letters and help him. He seems willing to listen. I mentioned something like this on Friday night when Brooks was on with Wilsy during the rain delay. He's setting up an e-mail address on the WhiteSox.com site where people can write in with their ideas.

Until that e-mail is set up, the best way to let him know what's on your mind is to snail-mail him. Here's his address...

Brooks Boyer, V.P. of Marketing
Chicago White Sox
333 West 35th Street
Chicago, Illinois 60616

I'll have my letter ready for him in the morning.

ShoelessFred
05-02-2004, 05:28 PM
he has said that he listens to the post game shows, just like he did with the bulls. so give willsy a call after the game.

dwnstatesoxfan
05-02-2004, 06:04 PM
I wrote him a letter and mailed it on Thursday. I told him that the Sox also need to market themselves as more of a regional product. Living in the middle of Cub Cardinal country, I am in a huge minority here in the Peoria area.

People actually started becoming Sox fans in the early 1990s with the winning teams and all of the games being available on cable. Plus, WMAQ came in perfectly down here.

Now we have at least one weeknight game per week on WCIU TV, which doesn't sound like much. But, it really can break up a routine of following the games here. And, AM 1000 has a terrible signal here.

Now, since they are going to this Comcast cable channel next season, I am really worried, because our cable service is Insight and I have Direct TV. Will the games be available?

Nonetheless, they need to lose WCIU. It makes no sense that tomorrow night, with the Cardinals and Cubs playing at 12:10pm that the Sox have to be on WCIU tomorrow night. FSN has nothing scheduled tomorrow night.

As long as their media exposure sucks outside of the Chicago area, they will continue to miss out on developing new fans, especially if the winning continues. What a lost opportunity.

Solution: Get all the games on FSN or WGN. And, when the contract runs out with AM 1000, get back to a 50,000 watt non directional station like AM 670.

hsnterprize
05-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan

So, IMO we should get him our emails and letters and help him. He seems willing to listen. If any of you want to fax the Marketing office of the Sox, the fax number is...

312-674-5102...and send them to Mr. Boyer's attention.

Note to mederator...if this is too much information, go ahead and delete this post. However, tell the people they can PM me, and I'll send them this info again. I don't want to get WSI into any trouble as far as giving out phone numbers and such are concerned.

Daver
05-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
If any of you want to fax the Marketing office of the Sox, the fax number is...

312-674-5102...and send them to Mr. Boyer's attention.

Note to mederator...if this is too much information, go ahead and delete this post. However, tell the people they can PM me, and I'll send them this info again. I don't want to get WSI into any trouble as far as giving out phone numbers and such are concerned.

Your fine.

You are not posting anything that is not public record,available to anyone willing to look for it.

If MLB wants to come after us it will not be because of something like this.

:)

Lip Man 1
05-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Is anyone concerned about this comment: "He stated that he wants to continue to educate himself about the Sox fans."

Great another learn on the job hire by good ole Uncle Jerry. The guy's lived in Chicago for how many years? He went to Notre Dame and he still doesn't know about Sox fans....OK.

Lip

soltrain21
05-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Is anyone concerned about this comment: "He stated that he wants to continue to educate himself about the Sox fans."

Great another learn on the job hire by good ole Uncle Jerry. The guy's lived in Chicago for how many years? He went to Notre Dame and he still doesn't know about Sox fans....OK.

Lip

Well Lip..he wants to CONTINUE. I am sure he knew alot about us, but now he REALLY wants to know, what is wrong with that?

Lip Man 1
05-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Soltrain:

I'm not sure what is the difference between 'I am sure he knew a lot about us, but now he REALLY wants to know.'

Can you explain your comment a little more.

What more is there to know? He's lived in Chicago at least ten years, he knows Sox fans want to win and won't support mediocrity. What more is there to learn?

Someone needs to educate Brooksie about where WSI is and he'll learn all he needs to know.

Lip

soltrain21
05-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Sorry about the confusion. I meant that he REALLY wants to see what we want. Before he was just a "Chicago native" but now he has to know who we are, and what we want.

I like your idea about him registering here though, that would be awesome...

hsnterprize
05-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Soltrain:

I'm not sure what is the difference between 'I am sure he knew a lot about us, but now he REALLY wants to know.'

Can you explain your comment a little more.

What more is there to know? He's lived in Chicago at least ten years, he knows Sox fans want to win and won't support mediocrity. What more is there to learn?

Someone needs to educate Brooksie about where WSI is and he'll learn all he needs to know.

Lip I get your concern, Lip, but think about this...even though he's been a "Chicago native" for 10 years, how many "Chicago natives" do you know that automatically associate Chicago baseball with "Cubdom". This is a HUGE opportunity for us Sox fans to really educate him on how we are, what we're expecting, and how we don't want to be associated with anything Cub.

Just imagine how much grief we'd give Brooks if he were to try to turn the White Sox into Chicago Cubs south. If he's willing to listen to the fans and find out what we want, what's the beef?

DrummerGeorgefan
05-02-2004, 10:40 PM
I like it that he wants us to tell him what we want. There is no problem in that. Rally the core group and fans and go from there.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2004, 10:47 PM
HSNEnterprise:

Then by all means when you contact him, tell him about WSI and extend to him the opportunity to register and participate. He can use an assumed name.

Lip