PDA

View Full Version : Dransfeldt last night

Fisk72
05-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Maybe I missed it in one of the other threads, but Dransfeldt looked horrible last night at short last night (game 2). I could've been the fact that I was sitting just down the line from the blue jays' dugout and the angle was bad, but there were at least 3 or 4 hits to either his right or left that could've been fielded if he actually dove and got his uniform jersey. It totally reminded me of "Dorn" from the movie Major League! Did anyone else notice this or were they really not in his range to be fielded?

DrummerGeorgefan
05-02-2004, 10:31 AM
If I were in his position, I would try ot make it look like I was trying to get everything. Ozzie appreciates and rewards hustle. Drans should have gotten his uni dirty to show some spirit and to protect himself from being sent back to trips fast.

pearso66
05-02-2004, 12:17 PM
I actually made a comment or two about him in the chat room last night. Somethin along the lines of, if he would have tried, he could have had that ball. it looked like he was standing there and watched it go by.

voodoochile
05-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Why did they move Uribe to 2B for the second game? Is there that much of an energy expenditure difference between 2B and SS?

Is Dransfeldt strictly a left side of the IF sub? I thought he could play 2B.

If KD can play 2B than Ozzie outsmarted himself by moving Uribe.

SEALgep
05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Why did they move Uribe to 2B for the second game? Is there that much of an energy expenditure difference between 2B and SS?

Is Dransfeldt strictly a left side of the IF sub? I thought he could play 2B.

If KD can play 2B than Ozzie outsmarted himself by moving Uribe. Uribe is considerd the utility infielder and can play both positions well. KD probably has his comfort zone at short, and Ozzie wasn't going to tamper with it. He may be able to play second, but he is considered a shortstop. I don't think Ozzie outsmarted himself, that's what the guy plays. If he had put him at second and he messed up there, that would be outsmarting himself. Regardless though, KD wasn't responsible for that loss. You, me, and Danny Wright know that.

voodoochile
05-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Uribe is considerd the utility infielder and can play both positions well. KD probably has his comfort zone at short, and Ozzie wasn't going to tamper with it. He may be able to play second, but he is considered a shortstop. I don't think Ozzie outsmarted himself, that's what the guy plays. If he had put him at second and he messed up there, that would be outsmarting himself. Regardless though, KD wasn't responsible for that loss. You, me, and Danny Wright know that.

Yeah, I agree. I was just wondering. If KD can play second then forcing Uribe to work two different positions on the same day seems odd.

SEALgep
05-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah, I agree. I was just wondering. If KD can play second then forcing Uribe to work two different positions on the same day seems odd. I'll give you that, I would definitely rather Uribe be at short.

johnny_mostil
05-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I'll give you that, I would definitely rather Uribe be at short.

Uribe's going to second more or less permanently when Valentin comes back, and Dransfeldt is going back to Charlotte. Willie's been playing somewhat better, but a .316 OBP is officially a horrible leadoff man.

iwannago
05-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Maybe that's why KD only has about 40 games in the bigs.

Nard
05-02-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't know about three or four, but there was at least one instance.

What pearso is talking about was I think in the 7th when he could've saved two runs. Phelphs kinda lined it into left center, but it was what looked to be well withing catching range.

Kelly literally stood up straight and stared at the ball go by.