PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Squeeze

WLL1855
05-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Since nobody else has brought it up yet, how about that nice little bunt in game 1 Saturday? That kind of daring play had me giggling in my seat at the Cell. Kudos to Ozzie. Our former manager would never had the guts to try it.

nasox
05-02-2004, 02:54 AM
I agree. This question was brought up in another forum: Anybody know when was the last time the suicide squeeze was used by the Sox?

beckett21
05-02-2004, 01:08 PM
I have absolutely no idea the last time the Sox pulled that off.

Certainly not trying to take anything away from Ozzie, but I think that Ned Yost deserves at least partial credit here. The Brewers pulled off a suicide squeeze to win a game the other night, I think it was Friday night IIRC. I was watching that game and it was pretty cool--a game winner no less.

voodoochile
05-02-2004, 01:15 PM
I've been waiting to see when it would finally happen. I kept expecting it against the DRays, but it never came.

I missed most of the game yesterday, so this is the first I've heard of it.

beckett21
05-02-2004, 01:19 PM
:weewillie

"Willie knows the squeeze play"

oheeoh...magglio
05-02-2004, 01:20 PM
That was awesome, I haven't cheered at a sox game that loud in a long time.

It was perfectly executed, and Willie nearly beat the throw to 1st.

infohawk
05-02-2004, 07:47 PM
I seem to recall an attempted suicide squeeze by Tony Graffanino against the Cubs two or three years ago at the Cell. It was the eighth or ninth inning in a tie game that the Sox went on to lose. Had the squeeze been successful, the Sox would have ended up winning the game. There was a runner on third with less than 2 outs and Tony couldn't keep any of the bunt attempts fair. I was at the game in the right field upper-deck. I remember being very upset because the Sox would have won the game if they could have just executed a bunt.