PDA

View Full Version : "Shout" Time

RKMeibalane
05-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Tonight's game nonwithstanding, it is apparent to me and several others that the Sox have something going during this young season. Their record stands at 14-9, which is better than what most "experts" predicated back in Spring Training. While other teams watch their staff ace waste away on the disabled list, or suffer through another lackluster performance from their $150-million-dollar offense, the Sox continue to play solid baseball. That said, the question now becomes, when are others going to take notice?

The Chicago media has, for the most part, remained indifferent when covering the Sox. In some instances, sports writers are covering the team from a distance, refusing to even set foot inside the Sox clubhouse. One person in particular has been guilty of this indescretion many times over the past few seasons. This cannot be allowed to continue. The truth about the Chicago White Sox must be told, whether the rest of Chicago likes it or not.

And so, without further ado...

Jay Mariotti, I'm calling your sorry ass out.

Why, you ask? The answer is simple: you're not doing your ****ing job. It is every sportswriter's responsibility to report what he or she sees and hears on any given day, regardless of his personal feelings towards the subjects in question. Yet, you have repeatedly allowed your dislike of the Sox organzation to cloud your judgement whenever you write articles concerning the team, or any of its members. Is it really so difficult for you to say something positive about the team?

The Chicago White have a chance to do something special this season. The pieces are in place. It's only a matter of getting the team to fire on all cyllinders, which several fans believe will happen as the season progresses. Most writers, or at least those with a functioning brain cell, would jump at the opportunity to cover a team on the cusp of greatest. Yet, you choose to continue writing articles that either deptict the team's superstar as though he were the spawn of Satan, or those that trash the organization as a whole. Not once have I read anything with your name attached that expresses genuine feelings of pride or happiness, or even respect, where the Sox are concerned.

I'm probably wasting my time typing this. I doubt you're going to take it seriously, as you probably receive several letters virtually identical to it each day. Nevertheless, I felt it necessary to inform you (again) that the Sox are on the verge of retaking the city that rightfully belongs to them. You would be wise to pay closer attention.

HomeFish
05-02-2004, 01:38 AM
:whocares

soltrain21
05-02-2004, 01:41 AM
You know...he IS right.

The Sox have done absolutly NOTHING to deserve no coverage. They are having a hell of a year so far and deserve some damn credit.

RKMeibalane
05-02-2004, 01:51 AM
A copy of my post has been emailed to the Moron himself. I still don't think he's going pay any attention, but I think it's worth it to continue to pestering him. Eventually, he'll have to give in, especially if he wants to slience Sox fans.

StillMissOzzie
05-02-2004, 01:54 AM
And in a related vein, I'm also tired of hearing about Scrubs fans and the media talk about Sox fans' "inferiority complex"when they gripe about this treatment. IMHO, it would only be an "inferiority complex" if these gripes were unjustified, but when you call out the media for their biased coverage, it's all OUR fault.

:reinsy
"They learned from the best - me! It IS all your fault!"

SMO
:angry:

nasox
05-02-2004, 03:00 AM
I just want to worry about our team, our side of the city. If we can't change something, why bother? And don't say we can because it is up to the media and people such as Moronotti to report fairly and unbiasedly. Bob Sirott, noted Cub fan, did it on Friday interviewing JR. That goes to show people that the media is not all bad and is not all out to negatively slam the Sox.

One thing: Since Moronotti is a COLUMNIST, doesn't he have the prerogative to decide what he rights about. He isn't a reporter who must report unbiasedly about ongoing events and the such, he is a columnist which means he has this much space to write about whatever the hell he wants to. Somebody agree with me or prove me wrong.