PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Thing About Games Today


kevingrt
05-02-2004, 01:20 AM
At the start of the first game there were four count them 1-2-3-4 people out in right field. Two couples to be exact. I just thought that was hilarious.

The left field bleachers seciton 161 was a great place to sit in too. Bunch of fun lovin' drunk people! Including me and my pal... awesome double header today! Even though we only took one game

chisox06
05-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Considering it was a double header, I was surprised there wasnt more people there (and no IM not trying to turn this into another "whats with the attendence" thread)

MRKARNO
05-02-2004, 01:27 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=370883

TornLabrum
05-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
Considering it was a double header, I was surprised there wasnt more people there (and no IM not trying to turn this into another "whats with the attendence" thread)

I can give you a couple of possible reasons.

1) It was colder than a well digger's *** in the Klondike.

2) It was changed to a 3:05 start just the day before and then even that was delayed by rain. It was nasty out yesterday!

The Critic
05-02-2004, 09:22 AM
I was surprised and impressed at the crowd for the 2nd game.
22,000 was the announced number, and it really did look like there were 20,000+ at that game.
Kudos to the hearty souls who took in the game(s) yesterday in some pretty lousy weather!
:gulp: Here's to you!!!

TornLabrum
05-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by The Critic
I was surprised and impressed at the crowd for the 2nd game.
22,000 was the announced number, and it really did look like there were 20,000+ at that game.
Kudos to the hearty souls who took in the game(s) yesterday in some pretty lousy weather!
:gulp: Here's to you!!!

I've joked about freezing my tail off, but it actually wasn't all that bad. I got to the park at about 2:30 and sat through the last pitch of game two and wasn't overly cold. (Of course I was wearing a pair of sweatpants under my jeans, two pairs of socks, a T-shirt covered by two sweatshirts, a scarf around my neck, and a stocking cap. Oh, yeah! And gloves.)

kevingrt
05-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I've joked about freezing my tail off, but it actually wasn't all that bad. I got to the park at about 2:30 and sat through the last pitch of game two and wasn't overly cold. (Of course I was wearing a pair of sweatpants under my jeans, two pairs of socks, a T-shirt covered by two sweatshirts, a scarf around my neck, and a stocking cap. Oh, yeah! And gloves.)

Worst thing about the games... I forgot my gloves in the car! :whiner:

ewokpelts
05-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Considering it was a double header, I was surprised there wasnt more people there (and no IM not trying to turn this into another "whats with the attendence" thread)

i think the bad weather had more to do with it...it did look like more people showed up for the nightcap (like me)
Gene