PDA

View Full Version : It was inevitable

SoxxoS
05-01-2004, 08:03 PM
WSI knows Danny Wright sucks. Ozzie didn't. So, it was going to take one more horrible start (which we knew was going to happen) for Danny to get the boot from the rotation. That obviously just happened. It was a shame we had to basically waste a game...

BTW...since when did Danny Wright start throwing 89 tops? I think he hit 90 once on the gun.

Now, it happened, so we can go with Cotts or Diaz for the #5 spot.

idseer
05-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
WSI knows Danny Wright sucks. Ozzie didn't. So, it was going to take one more horrible start (which we knew was going to happen) for Danny to get the boot from the rotation. That obviously just happened. It was a shame we had to basically waste a game...

BTW...since when did Danny Wright start throwing 89 tops? I think he hit 90 once on the gun.

Now, it happened, so we can go with Cotts or Diaz for the #5 spot.

i don't think that's quite fair to oz. wrights last start was a pretty good start as i recall. he deserved another start.

that being said ... i agree he's not ready.

SoxxoS
05-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i don't think that's quite fair to oz. wrights last start was a pretty good start as i recall. he deserved another start.

that being said ... i agree he's not ready.

That is true. It really isn't Ozzie's fault. It will be his fault, however, he Danny Wright starts another game.

Danny Wright will never be ready to be a starter. IMO, he is a mop up/long relief guy at best. He isn't another Eric Gagne. He isn't another Greg Gagne for that matter. :smile:

WSox8404
05-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Give Cotts a shot. He has been lights out this year so far. His stuff looks electric. Wright is finally going to be gone. Thank God.

Lip Man 1
05-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Don't bet on it. Ozzie feels Cotts is to valuable in long relief, and who's to say he'd be any better then Wright as a starter.

I'm not defending Danny "I Can't Pitch" Wright, I'm castigating the Sox for once again, being far to short in the starting rotation.

Lip

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
That is true. It really isn't Ozzie's fault. It will be his fault, however, he Danny Wright starts another game.

Danny Wright will never be ready to be a starter. IMO, he is a mop up/long relief guy at best. He isn't another Eric Gagne. He isn't another Greg Gagne for that matter. :smile:

This game isn't over. The bullpen has to hold them so we can catch up. We were never that out of this game. But Danny does suck.