PDA

View Full Version : Pen costs Buehrle another win


A. Cavatica
05-01-2004, 08:25 PM
By my count that's three times already Buehrle's pitched well and left the game with a lead, only to have the bullpen blow it.

Ouch.

SEALgep
05-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I have no problems with Marte, but what was with throwing Delgado four straight curves and leaving the last one over the plate. He's going to tag that every time. At least mix in a fastball out of the zone to keep him honest. Anyway it worked out. :)

HomeFish
05-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Buehrle's win count is not the one that will matter at the end of the season.

batmanZoSo
05-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Buehrle's win count is not the one that will matter at the end of the season.

Buehrle is a hard luck pitcher. Nothing ever goes his way. On the flip side, everything always goes Loaiza's way. No matter what he does, we score enough to get him the win or a no-decision. Buehrle must be in a bad rythym with the cosmos or something. He should probably skip a day and get into a new one. :smile:

RKMeibalane
05-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Buehrle is a hard luck pitcher. Nothing ever goes his way. On the flip side, everything always goes Loaiza's way. No matter what he does, we score enough to get him the win or a no-decision. Buehrle must be in a bad rythym with the cosmos or something. He should probably skip a day and get into a new one. :smile:

One would think Buehrle would have it the other way around, considering how Manuel screwed him out of the start at Yankee Stadium last August.

batmanZoSo
05-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
One would think Buehrle would have it the other way around, considering how Manuel screwed him out of the start at Yankee Stadium last August.

Maybe that's what put him into this bad cosmic alignment....