PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Blue Jays at White Sox - 5/1 (game 2)

hempsox
05-01-2004, 08:07 PM
OK...live to you from the wonderful call center...CBSsportsline is not working and I have never been the instigator on one of these bandwith hogs!

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
That home run might be all the Blue Jays need with Lilly pitching.

duke of dorwood
05-01-2004, 08:10 PM
He's really fooling them

duke of dorwood
05-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Wright-spoiling a nice HD broadcast. The Jays are seeing him in HD too, unfortunatly

balboner
05-01-2004, 08:12 PM
I HATE DANNY WRIGHT. He's the biggest loser I've ever seen in professional sports. Hopefully this debacle will get him off this team for good.

hempsox
05-01-2004, 08:13 PM
So with the way that Wrong has pitched so far...should we start a pool as to the inning and score that it will be when Cotts replaces this loser? He should be about ready to go as he was warming in game 1.

Daver
05-01-2004, 08:14 PM
:takeittochat

Period.

RKMeibalane
05-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Get Wright outta' there now!

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 08:26 PM

The Cubs are winning now. Suppan trying to pull off a Danny Wright impression in the third.

RKMeibalane
05-01-2004, 08:31 PM
The Sox are hitting the ball hard (Frank, Paulie), but nothing good has come of it yet. They need to get Wright out of the game before he makes things worse. At 3-0, the game is not out of reach, but it may be soon if Wright is around much longer.

Brian26
05-01-2004, 08:36 PM
The lettering and numbering on these black Jays jerseys is absolutely hideous. I like the basic logo, but it really can't touch their classic threads from the late 80s/early 90s.

Unregistered
05-01-2004, 08:39 PM
OK, so for all the people saying it was "too early", can I now officially say he sucks? :angry:

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 08:45 PM
The Juan Uribe era continues.

SoxxoS
That was awesome. Uribe is some kind of hot.

CWSGuy406
Uribe two-run shot. Hawk called him "Jose" Uribe, lol.

hempsox
05-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Now how good does Juan Uribe look in a Sox Jersey!?!

Sox down 3-2

Unregistered
05-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Wright has NO out pitch. Uch. Get him out.

balboner
05-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I hope this is the last time we ever see Wright pitching for the Sox. He is just a terrible pitcher that has contributed nothing to the organization over the last 2 years. I dont care if he goes on to win 300 games for the Cubs, I never want to see him on the southside again.

Unregistered
05-01-2004, 09:01 PM
What a douche. Let the Neil Cotts era begin.

RKMeibalane
05-01-2004, 09:04 PM
This is pathetic.

Daver
05-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This is pathetic.

The fact that this thread is not in the chatroom is pathetic.

RKMeibalane
05-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Daver

You just had to throw that in there, didn't you?

Daver
05-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
You just had to throw that in there, didn't you?

And your problem is?

Win1ForMe
05-01-2004, 09:13 PM

The chatroom is pathetic.

RKMeibalane
05-01-2004, 09:14 PM
And your problem is?

There's no problem. I just find it amusing that you are constantly giving the chat room a plug.

Since you're going to do that, it's time for me to revert to doing something I did last season:

PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST! PUT FRANK AT FIRST!

South Side
05-01-2004, 09:16 PM
And your problem is?

Obviously, your constant "Take it to chat" thing isn't working, so be happy that this thread has been severly cut down and stop being rude about it. This thread no longer even get's the most posts on the board so what's the problem?

hempsox
05-01-2004, 09:17 PM
get a room you two.

BTW...Last inning could have been a lot worse. Let's go Sox! Start plugging away until you give me a heartattack!

WSox8404
05-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Crede is some kind of hot right now too.

WSox8404
05-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Rowand however is really starting to piss me off.

WSox8404
05-01-2004, 09:22 PM
OLIVO!!!!!!!! Take that Rowand.

hempsox
05-01-2004, 09:22 PM
:putitontheboard
Olivo to get us within one!

Unregistered
05-01-2004, 09:25 PM
the fact that the Sox have stormed back to within 1 after Wright's pathetic performance is unreal. This team has a hulluva a lot of fight in it...

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
the fact that the Sox have stormed back to within 1 after Wright's pathetic performance is unreal.

Twice.

SoxxoS
05-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Ring, ring..."Hi Nick, this is Kenny Williams. Crash isn't cutting it for us, and we really need another lefty bat. We have decided Jeremy Reed is ready. Get him on the first plane to Chicago."

We can only hope.

hempsox
05-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Anaheim just took the lead in Minn.

BearSox
05-01-2004, 09:39 PM
This just in......
:twinslose
1-0 to the Angels

bc2k
05-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Some people don't like the chat because of its non-baseball related talk that often dominates discussion.

I have a question for movie goers: Do you leave a buffer seat in between the person you're attending the movie with? Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't. I found that females give me a puzzled look if I leave a buffer--at least early in the relationship. But if I'm with my friends, I usually leave the buffer seat.

I find the buffer seat to be a necessity in winter months because it is used as a coat rack. Though, even in summer months I prefer the buffer if only to use its armrest. One thing I don't understand is how do people know that I'm using a buffer? Do they think it's inconceivable that I'm in a party of 3 and the middle person (actually the buffer seat) is in the bathroom, or buying a beverage before the start of the movie? This is only a problem in the most packed of theatres, and I'm tempted to buy an extra ticket for packed shows just to keep my buffer.

Does anybody use the buffer seat?

SoxxoS
05-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Olivo's arm is lethal. Just saved a run.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Why is no one chatting now? Did that bozo "break" the chat room?

Also, if you guys want Daver to stop, you need make posts that describe what just happened, not just say "damnit." I'm not telling anyone how to live their lives, just advice.

Lip Man 1
05-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Y'all need to be careful with the Danny Wright stuff. Jeremy and his friends will be on you like ticks on a hound for not giving him the required 'time, and innings pitched' before making judgements.

I saw all I needed to see over the past two years. However it may be totally Wright's fault. He like many other Sox prospects were rushed to the major leagues without learing their craft in the minors. Something about the Sox always having to fill holes from their free agent losses has something to do with it.

Lip

FarWestChicago
05-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by South Side
Obviously, your constant "Take it to chat" thing isn't working, so be happy that this thread has been severly cut down and stop being rude about it.You have it completely backwards. Think of it this way. This is our house and you are a guest. "Take it to chat" for chatting is the equivalent of asking a guest to remove their muddy shoes before walking on the living room carpet. Those who track mud through the living room are the ones being rude.

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 10:15 PM
This game reminds me a lot of the loss to the Yankees where we kept getting within one only to have our pitching give it away.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Cotts just gave up two Jackson runs. This is just about in the books. Great pitching all around.

joecrede
05-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
However it may be totally Wright's fault. He like many other Sox prospects were rushed to the major leagues without learing their craft in the minors. Something about the Sox always having to fill holes from their free agent losses has something to do with it.
Lip

Names of losses Lip.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Nice at bat Konerko. Pops up the first damn pitch he sees leaving runners at the corners.

It's a great feeling though, as opposed to last year, that we're not dead yet down four runs with 6 outs left.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Why do we keep giving Frank Cat pitches to hit? The guy was already 5 for 5. We let individual players kill us too much. Every series some mediocre player can't make an out.

Saracen
05-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Frank's always been a fantastic hitter and that sixth hit came off a good piece of hitting.

South Side
05-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Great, I don't even care... I do take it chat but not everyone will... So I look forward to the next 1,000 times he says take it to chat (which adds to the number of posts). By the way thanks for having me over... GO SOX!

1951Campbell
05-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Um...mods...everytime I try to "take it to chat," I get a big grey rectangle and my computer stops.

Am I the only one?

Lip Man 1
05-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Joe:

Just off the top of my head.....

Jack McDowell
Alex Fernandez
Wilson Alvarez
Roberto Hernandez
Keith Foulke
Bartolo Colon

I know, I know you can split hairs and say well the Sox traded some of those guys. The point is the Sox traded them because they wouldn't spend the money needed to re-sign them so they dealt them while they could.

And it doesn't matter if it turns out that they got injured or became ineffictive. That's 20/20 hindsight. History perhaps does not turn out the same way if they stay with the Sox.

This organization does not re-sign pitchers on a regular basis therefore they always have holes in the rotation therefore they are always hoping the 'can't miss kids,' can step in and fill the holes therefore they rush pitchers like Wright to the majors without a lot of minor league experience.

Capice?

"Unless you're willing to spend 40 million dollars on a pitching staff some of your kids better come through." --Kenny Williams.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Carlos will never be a great hitter. He fouled off a ball inside that would've made it 2-0, then GIDP on a curve almost in the dirt to end it. And just after that amazing at-bat by Frank.

Crap game, but we'll win 3 out of 4 tomorrow. I hope. And if we do, it was a great series. If we dont', it was a pathetic homestand. Utterly pathetic. We'll see what happens.

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
Um...mods...everytime I try to "take it to chat," I get a big grey rectangle and my computer stops.

Am I the only one?

Did you reboot?

Have you downloaded a Java Virtual Machine?

1951Campbell
05-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Did you reboot?

Have you downloaded a Java Virtual Machine?

Yes and yes. What can I say? Making chat work is a pain in the butt for a guy with a 6-year-old computer and only cash for dial-up. :whiner:

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
Yes and yes. What can I say? Making chat work is a pain in the butt for a guy with a 6-year-old computer and only cash for dial-up. :whiner:

You have a firewall? You may need to disable it while in Chat.

Yeah, dial ups are tough anyway you slice it. I can't even imagine trying to surf a forum this size with dial up anymore.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 11:46 PM
voo, is there anything I can do about my problems with the chat? It's always horribly slow for me and I was wondering if there was anything java-related I could do to fix it. And I have a 2.6 processor and a DSL line.

Also, tonight I couldn't get back in the room after that jerk scrolled and froze the chat (at least it was frozen from my perspective). Every time I tried to get back in, it would appear as if I was the only one in there.

soltrain21
05-01-2004, 11:46 PM

Yeah, dial ups are tough anyway you slice it. I can't even imagine trying to surf a forum this size with dial up anymore.

Could have something to do with Java too. I had to mess with a few things on my computer at home to get it to work.

It's all butter at school though :cool:

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
voo, is there anything I can do about my problems with the chat? It's always horribly slow for me and I was wondering if there was anything java-related I could do to fix it. And I have a 2.6 processor and a DSL line.

Also, tonight I couldn't get back in the room after that jerk scrolled and froze the chat (at least it was frozen from my perspective). Every time I tried to get back in, it would appear as if I was the only one in there.

No. Your connection is fine. You are clearly one of the best connections in the room every night. It is in your head that there is a problem.

Tonight, did you reboot? GThat's all I have for you. I saw you in and out, but everyone else was fine.

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 11:52 PM
You are clearly one of the best connections in the room every night.

Are you being cute there? I don't quite get that. Cause I do get to log in every night and chat a lot, but it's always a struggle to type. It's definitely not in my head.

I didn't reboot tonight, but I have in the past and it doesn't do anything about the slowness.

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Are you being cute there? I don't quite get that. Cause I do get to log in every night and chat a lot, but it's always a struggle to type. It's definitely not in my head.

I didn't reboot tonight, but I have in the past and it doesn't do anything about the slowness.

batman. Trust me, you are always one of the most prolific posters in the forum and you exceed my speed on a regular basis and I have no complaints and can touch type. You don't have a physical problem.

If you are expecting IM type speeds, you won't get it. There are just too many messages being posted simulatneously. You need to change your perceptions, because from what I can tell, you don't have anything physically wrong. It's not like live speech you know?

1951Campbell
05-02-2004, 12:11 AM

Nope, no firewall. I've been using these computron things since 1981, and somtimes you have to chalk these quirks up to the ghost in the machine after a while.

So if I post chat-type posts in the threads, take mercy on a brother...I have no choice. :D:

joecrede
05-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Joe:

Just off the top of my head.....

Jack McDowell
Alex Fernandez
Wilson Alvarez
Roberto Hernandez
Keith Foulke
Bartolo Colon

I know, I know you can split hairs and say well the Sox traded some of those guys. The point is the Sox traded them because they wouldn't spend the money needed to re-sign them so they dealt them while they could.

And it doesn't matter if it turns out that they got injured or became ineffictive. That's 20/20 hindsight. History perhaps does not turn out the same way if they stay with the Sox.

This organization does not re-sign pitchers on a regular basis therefore they always have holes in the rotation therefore they are always hoping the 'can't miss kids,' can step in and fill the holes therefore they rush pitchers like Wright to the majors without a lot of minor league experience.

Capice?

"Unless you're willing to spend 40 million dollars on a pitching staff some of your kids better come through." --Kenny Williams.

Lip, I don't understand your thinking sometimes. You've said you'd rather the White Sox leave Chicago than be owned by Reinsdorf and here you're upset they didn't sign three pitchers who suffered severe arm injuries just a year or two after they left.

Brian26
05-02-2004, 12:22 AM
And your problem is?

Why the need for the bullying on here? JohnJeter and RK have both made excellent points and have had valid questions about these threads, and they've been treated rather rudely by moderators. There's nothing wrong with civilized discussion about this. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have this discussed in a thread as opposed to PM's. In fact, it can be productive.

voodoochile
05-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Why the need for the bullying on here? JohnJeter and RK have both made excellent points and have had valid questions about these threads, and they've been treated rather rudely by moderators. There's nothing wrong with civilized discussion about this. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have this discussed in a thread as opposed to PM's. In fact, it can be productive.

I am tired of you attacking the site and the people who run it. You won't be allowed to do it again. We have had plenty of civilized discussions on this topic. You just choose to ignore them. I am done having this discussion with you.

I really didn't want it to come to this point, but I am not going to let you attack the site and the moderators in public anymore.

FarWestChicago
05-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Why the need for the bullying on here? JohnJeter and RK have both made excellent points and have had valid questions about these threads, and they've been treated rather rudely by moderators. There's nothing wrong with civilized discussion about this. It's not necessarily a bad thing to have this discussed in a thread as opposed to PM's. In fact, it can be productive. I have put thousands of hours and dollars into this site and you will not dictate how it's run. I have already explained who is being rude here. I have had it with you and a couple of the other RWAC's. Cease and desist, period.