PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Atlanta's announcers are dumb

soltrain21
05-01-2004, 02:16 PM
They are talking about Aaron Miles right now. About how it was a "steal" for the Rockies to get him for "veteren" Juan Uribe.

First off, I think we got the better end of the deal by a LONG shot, and since when is a 24 year old a "veteren."

What is next, they gonna tell us that picking up Pollitte was stupid too?

NonetheLoaiza
05-01-2004, 02:20 PM
hah, i think they have it the wrong way around. miles is the guy thats the veteran. isnt he 28 years old?

even if aaron miles had a better average/hr/whatever, i think uribe is a better fit for the sox than miles would have. also, if youre aaron, you have to thank your lucky stars to be playing in coors.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-01-2004, 02:35 PM
you guys watching that atlanta rockies game? i saw they had a couple arrows superimposed over a man on first, what the heck was that? is it supposed to indicate if the guy was running or not? i only was able to see like 5min of the game and missed any explanation

santo=dorf
05-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Well one of them is a Caray, so I guess an apple doesn't fall far from a tree.

:chimp

"Where do you think I get it from?"

soltrain21
05-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
you guys watching that atlanta rockies game? i saw they had a couple arrows superimposed over a man on first, what the heck was that? is it supposed to indicate if the guy was running or not? i only was able to see like 5min of the game and missed any explanation

I am pretty sure it has to do with how far they are leading off.

FYI-

:hitless
"12 game hit streak, how you like dem apples?"

Unregistered
05-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JohnBasedowYoda
i saw they had a couple arrows superimposed over a man on first, what the heck was that? Yeah, I'm seeing that now for the first time - that thing is really friggin' weird.

Unregistered
05-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
FYI-

:hitless
"12 game hit streak, how you like dem apples?" FYI - dude's hair looks ridiculous now. Is that corn rows coming out of the back of his cap? :o:

soltrain21
05-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Pff...he is Rolls Royce, if he wants cornrows we can have them!

nasox
05-01-2004, 03:40 PM
well, they are from Atlanta after all....... :D:

NC_sox_fan
05-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Skip Caray is from St. Louis and Don Sutton is from Alabama, not sure where the other broadcasters are from. But it seems like nobody is from Atlanta anymore.

DSpivack
05-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
Skip Caray is from St. Louis and Don Sutton is from Alabama, not sure where the other broadcasters are from. But it seems like nobody is from Atlanta anymore.

There's Atlanta, and then there's the South. The two are almost completely separate entities.