PDA

View Full Version : Tony G on DL

SEALgep
05-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Tony G is on the 15 day DL (knee) according to ESPN.

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 02:58 PM
:whocares

soltrain21
05-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Speaking of Tony G. The Royals are really sucking this year. I am not going to complain at all. All the experts thought the Royals were gonna run away with the division, they must of forgot that a big part of the game is pitching.

TDog
05-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Speaking of Tony G. The Royals are really sucking this year. I am not going to complain at all. All the experts thought the Royals were gonna run away with the division, they must of forgot that a big part of the game is pitching.

It's kind of fun to watch KC's lack of early success. The experts who weren't picking the Royals to win were predicting they would be in a two-team race with Minnesota. They ignored the fact that so many pitchers were hurt or had unusually-for-them good showings at the start of last season before tailing off. If the Sox had begun the season with five pitchers on the DL, that would have been in the second paragraph, behind the part about how no one will go to the games.

johnny_mostil
05-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by TDog
It's kind of fun to watch KC's lack of early success. The experts who weren't picking the Royals to win were predicting they would be in a two-team race with Minnesota. They ignored the fact that so many pitchers were hurt or had unusually-for-them good showings at the start of last season before tailing off. If the Sox had begun the season with five pitchers on the DL, that would have been in the second paragraph, behind the part about how no one will go to the games.

It continued today, with Ruben Sierra hitting two homers and driving in seven in a Yankee roasting. Also enjoyable is the latest Rob and Rany on the Royals where they both commiserate about how bad the team is playing "despite having the right players". I don't know about you, but I think collecting players with injury histories when your team itself (for whatever reason) always has a lot of hurt players is just stupidity, not brilliance.