PDA

View Full Version : Should the Sox trade Valentin?

SoxBoy14
05-01-2004, 08:59 AM
I like Uribe a lot and I think that we could get some solid pitchers for Valentin, sorry Val but YOU GONE!

hose
05-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I like Uribe a lot and I think that we could get some solid pitchers for Valentin, sorry Val but YOU GONE!

Given Jose's contract I think it would be hard to move him.

gosox41
05-01-2004, 09:26 AM

I'm mixed on this. Uribe is better defensively at SS and could hit the same .230 something Valentin hit last year, but probably with less power.

Kelly Dransfeldt could be an adequate back up. If the Sox can get a reliever for him, I'd consider it.

On the flip side, Harris isn't playing well. No reason that Valentin can't play 2B and Uribe play SS.

Bob

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'm mixed on this. Uribe is better defensively at SS and could hit the same .230 something Valentin hit last year, but probably with less power.

Kelly Dransfeldt could be an adequate back up. If the Sox can get a reliever for him, I'd consider it.

On the flip side, Harris isn't playing well. No reason that Valentin can't play 2B and Uribe play SS.

Bob

There's a big change in the way the footwork goes from SS to 2B. Why not let Uribe play 2B (since he already can) and put Jose at SS?

Either way, Harris cannot be the starter.

fquaye149
05-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
There's a big change in the way the footwork goes from SS to 2B. Why not let Uribe play 2B (since he already can) and put Jose at SS?

i thought that uribe was a natural ss?

HomeFish
05-01-2004, 10:16 AM
They don't want Jose either.

bigdommer
05-01-2004, 10:41 AM
I would think there would be a decent amount of NL teams interested in Jose for a variety of reasons. First, he would provide more power than just about any other NL shortstop, hitting 25-30 homeruns a season. Second, he would be very valuable to teams with weak hitters in the 7 and 8 spots. Third, in the NL, managers have more subs so they could pinch hit for Jose against lefties more freely. If the Sox had not traded Tim Hummel (the ideal utility infielder, a Graffanino clone) for Sullivan last year, they would not hesitate to move Jose, and cover some of his salary.

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i thought that uribe was a natural ss?

I think he is, but he has at least played 2B this year and in years past and is younger. If you are going to force one of them out of position, make it Uribe, IMO.

Whatever happens, Harris has to be sat down. He cannot continue to hit this poorly and get all the PT at 2B.

SEALgep
05-01-2004, 11:46 AM

Either way, Harris cannot be the starter. Valentin has played second base before, there's no reason why he can't still.

nodiggity59
05-01-2004, 11:50 AM
One thing I think we all know that no one has said is that Valentin is a clubhouse leader and Kenny might hesistate cause he's been here a while. Just something to think about.

soltrain21
05-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I would love to see us trade Valentin, Wright, and a low level for Vidro. However, there is no way Expo's take Valentin's contract

idseer
05-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Valentin has played second base before, there's no reason why he can't still.

the last time he played 2nd was 10 years ago. given the fact he can't field any position, i'd at least leave him where he's most comfortable.

OEO Magglio
05-01-2004, 12:00 PM

I agree, right now I really don't want the sox to trade Jose, he's still the only left handed power that the sox have, move Juan to 2b, and put willie on the bench, willie could actually be valuable off the bench pinch running and coming in as a defensive replacement.

flo-B-flo
05-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Valentin should get used to the fact that he will someday be a designated hitter. Ozzie should get this started when the Sox face the predominate righties all teams face. Besides it gives Frank some rest and Jose can't hit lefties anyway.

Soxfest
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
KW kept him and now he is stuck with the freight for 04.

SEALgep
05-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by idseer
the last time he played 2nd was 10 years ago. given the fact he can't field any position, i'd at least leave him where he's most comfortable. So what, he could still play it. Besides, it would no doubtedly cut down on his throwing errors. I'm sure they won't do it, but if they did, I wouldn't oppose it. In fact, that could be an option next year as well.

MRKARNO
05-01-2004, 12:32 PM
The best thing to do is to have Valentin at short and Uribe at 2nd and bench Harris. Pretty much any option that includes benching harris is a good one

voodoochile
05-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by flo-B-flo
Valentin should get used to the fact that he will someday be a designated hitter. Ozzie should get this started when the Sox face the predominate righties all teams face. Besides it gives Frank some rest and Jose can't hit lefties anyway.

Rest Frank? Honestly, why? I mean as a DH, he expends very little energy. He should play 160 games this year, barring any problems. No reason to ever take his bat out of the lineup.

Mickster
05-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Rest Frank? Honestly, why? I mean as a DH, he expends very little energy. He should play 160 games this year, barring any problems. No reason to ever take his bat out of the lineup.

Agree completely. Frank is pretty much the only player we have that can honestly work a count, take a walk, has an incredible OBP and his average is above .300. No reason to rest Frank (even in today's double header) b/c he's sitting on the bench and going to give 8, maybe 9 plate appearances today. We all saw how "dangerous" our line-up looked without him. Keep him in all games unless he's hurt.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2004, 01:13 PM
If Harris could hit .270 with a good ob% I'd say trade Jose. Wille could be a real menace in this league if he could get on base.

beckett21
05-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
If Harris could hit .270 with a good ob% I'd say trade Jose. Wille could be a real menace in this league if he could get on base.

Was that supposed to be in deeppink ?

:)

idseer
05-01-2004, 03:43 PM

i totally agree. some people talk about him as if he were 75 years old!

basilesox
05-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Anybody that thinks Jose Valentin should be traded is a complete moron. There is no way that we should trade the clutchest hitter on our team and our clubhouse leader, because we currently having a SS that is having a career month. Never mind the fact that our Current 2B might not hit a HR all year, doesn't walk enough for a leadoff man and might never hit better than .250 ever in his career. Harris is fast, but I lost alot of confidence in him when he tried to bunt in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs in a tie game and runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Juan Uribe is a career .265 hitter who had 6HR in 566 AB while playing at Coors Field in 2002. He has never hit more than 10 HR in a season.

I am convinced that anybody who thinks Jose should be traded and Uribe and Harris should be starting hasn't really watched Valentin play since he arrived here in 2000. His bad defense is overrated by the media, he is not that bad of a fielder and NOBODY on this ball club since 2000 has been a better clutch hitter in the late innings of close ball games. I have personally seen him hit four walk off hits since 2000 and I am only able to attend around 10 games a year because I live far away.

My advice to the 24 people who currently have voted for him to be traded is to set down your newspaper and actually watch some Sox games either in person or on TV so that maybe you can get a clue.

basilesox
05-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh and in case some people don't know how important it is to be clutch in pressure situations in the MLB.........Watch a tape of both Sammy Sosa and Jose Valentin's performance in the Sox 10-9 victory over the Cubs last year at Comiskey.

SoxBoy14
05-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I say when Valentin comes back try putting him back at ss and Uribe at second for awhile to see how things work out. IF they do, Great! If they don't, trade Valentin!

basilesox
05-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I say when Valentin comes back try putting him back at ss and Uribe at second for awhile to see how things work out. IF they do, Great! If they don't, trade Valentin!

I say give Juan Uribe more than a month in a sox uniform before he gets crowned starting SS on this year's All-Star Team.

Jose has been a consistent power hitting SS for many years....it is Uribe that needs to prove something not Jose. Don't get me wrong I hope Juan keeps it up, because I am not convinced at this point that Willie Harris should start at 2B for any team in the MLB.

One more thing......Jose would hit 40 out if he played in Denver.

idseer
05-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by basilesox
Anybody that thinks Jose Valentin should be traded is a complete moron. There is no way that we should trade the clutchest hitter on our team and our clubhouse leader, because we currently having a SS that is having a career month. Never mind the fact that our Current 2B might not hit a HR all year, doesn't walk enough for a leadoff man and might never hit better than .250 ever in his career. Harris is fast, but I lost alot of confidence in him when he tried to bunt in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs in a tie game and runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Juan Uribe is a career .265 hitter who had 6HR in 566 AB while playing at Coors Field in 2002. He has never hit more than 10 HR in a season.

I am convinced that anybody who thinks Jose should be traded and Uribe and Harris should be starting hasn't really watched Valentin play since he arrived here in 2000. His bad defense is overrated by the media, he is not that bad of a fielder and NOBODY on this ball club since 2000 has been a better clutch hitter in the late innings of close ball games. I have personally seen him hit four walk off hits since 2000 and I am only able to attend around 10 games a year because I live far away.

My advice to the 24 people who currently have voted for him to be traded is to set down your newspaper and actually watch some Sox games either in person or on TV so that maybe you can get a clue.

i don't know how wise it is to call half the people in here morons ... but, that's up to you.

as for your assessment of uribe .... i think you're off base. to label a guy who has about 2 full years of play under his belt (with some of that injured) a 'career' anything hitter is not very usefull. nellie fox was a '.257 career hitter' going into his 4th year! he turned out pretty handy.

as for home runs ... not that i'm concerned about them, but yes, he had 6 in some 566 ab's. he also hit 4 just in spring training!
he's young and apparently can hit no matter what you predict for his future. and under tough conditions too, he has come thru. i predict he will be MUCH more valuable than jose will be THIS year and in years to come.

maybe it's YOU that isn't believing what you're watching regarding uribe.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
Was that supposed to be in deeppink ?

:)

That "If" is a real big "IF"

Wille will be lucky to hit .230 unfortunatly. :(:

pinwheels3530
05-02-2004, 04:16 AM
I like what Uribe has been bringing to the table, but it's funny how alot of sox fans got on KW for getting him and letting Tony G go to the royals. Now people want to talk about trading Valentine, WRONG! We need to keep Jose he'll come up big for is this year again I believe.

basilesox
05-02-2004, 03:12 PM
i don't know how wise it is to call half the people in here morons ... but, that's up to you.

as for your assessment of uribe .... i think you're off base. to label a guy who has about 2 full years of play under his belt (with some of that injured) a 'career' anything hitter is not very usefull. nellie fox was a '.257 career hitter' going into his 4th year! he turned out pretty handy.

as for home runs ... not that i'm concerned about them, but yes, he had 6 in some 566 ab's. he also hit 4 just in spring training!
he's young and apparently can hit no matter what you predict for his future. and under tough conditions too, he has come thru. i predict he will be MUCH more valuable than jose will be THIS year and in years to come.

maybe it's YOU that isn't believing what you're watching regarding uribe.

I wasn't predicting that Uribe is never going amount to anything for this organization, I just think everybody should wait a while before we decide to trade one of the most consistent power hitting SS in the league over the last 4 years. I hope Uribe keeps it up. I believe that if he can keep hitting well and our starting pitching can continue to do well... you can start printing out playoff tickets next week.......But their both only "ifs" right now. Uribe is really besides the point. Even though I believe there is no way his hot "month" of hitting should overshadow Valentin's performance over the last four years.....the real reason we should not even think of trading Valentin is the fact that we have Willie "AAA" Harris playing 2B, who has done nothing to prove to me that he should be playing at the major league level.

As for insulting half the members on this web site. I was just rubbed the "wrong way" by this post. I have also been reading posts on this site for a long time (even know I dont post a whole lot) and I have learned that their are many very knowledgeable sox fans on this site. By reading their posts I know that most of them are Valentin fans. The people that want Valentin traded are probably similar to the people who wanted Thomas traded the past couple of years. Both arguments were weak, which made me come to the decision that the people making these arguments didn't know the Sox that well or they just thought they did. So even if I tick some people off, when it comes to this issue....I stand by my statement.......If you think Jose Valentin should be traded.......You don't know jack about the Chicago Whitesox.

I would be completely amazed to find someone who has watched this team consistently over the last few years who would believe he should be traded....and be able to give me a good argument "Why?"

idseer
05-02-2004, 03:41 PM
I wasn't predicting that Uribe is never going amount to anything for this organization, I just think everybody should wait a while before we decide to trade one of the most consistent power hitting SS in the league over the last 4 years. I hope Uribe keeps it up. I believe that if he can keep hitting well and our starting pitching can continue to do well... you can start printing out playoff tickets next week.......But their both only "ifs" right now. Uribe is really besides the point. Even though I believe there is no way his hot "month" of hitting should overshadow Valentin's performance over the last four years.....the real reason we should not even think of trading Valentin is the fact that we have Willie "AAA" Harris playing 2B, who has done nothing to prove to me that he should be playing at the major league level.

As for insulting half the members on this web site. I was just rubbed the "wrong way" by this post. I have also been reading posts on this site for a long time (even know I dont post a whole lot) and I have learned that their are many very knowledgeable sox fans on this site. By reading their posts I know that most of them are Valentin fans. The people that want Valentin traded are probably similar to the people who wanted Thomas traded the past couple of years. Both arguments were weak, which made me come to the decision that the people making these arguments didn't know the Sox that well or they just thought they did. So even if I tick some people off, when it comes to this issue....I stand by my statement.......If you think Jose Valentin should be traded.......You don't know jack about the Chicago Whitesox.

I would be completely amazed to find someone who has watched this team consistently over the last few years who would believe he should be traded....and be able to give me a good argument "Why?"

i DO know jack about the sox whether or not you think so.
what i'd say is one who keeps repeating the myth about how 'clutch' jose is doesn't know 'jack'.
just because you can point to a few instances where he got a timely hit doesn't mean he's 'clutch'. if you can show me some numbers that show with the game on the line in late innings he gets an extraordinary percentage of hits .... THEN maybe you'd have something. you don't! you have no clue WHO has the best 'clutch' numbers on this team. i am so sick of hearing about a stinking clutch hit he got against the cubs, and how he made fun of sosa with that arm-raised routine. big hairy deal!

number 1 ... he stinks in the field. always has, always will.
number 2 ... ever since his hr total started going up, his bb's have gone down and his k's have gone up. a very high percentage of his hr's are aslo solo jobs.
number 3 ... he's VASTLY overpaid.
number 4 ... he's still under .250 lifetime.

the ONLY thing he does better than SOME ss's is he's averaged 25 homeruns his last 4 years. well whoopteedoo! i don't NEED occassional power from my ss. i need a fielder who can also get on base regularly.
just cause you have a love affair with a almost washed up ss who will NOT be remembered as one of the sox really good ss's doesn't mean the rest of us have to swallow that twaddle.
i think the point of this thread was ... should we ditch val's salary and put it tp better use? well, with uribe coming into his own and either kelly or willie filling in at second, i believe we could. even at willie's pace i don't believe we'd be losing that much, and we'd certainly be improving our infield.
IF we could improve our staff ... i'd say do it. if not then i'm perfectly happy with him staying.

SoxBoy14
05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
what i'd say is one who keeps repeating the myth about how 'clutch' jose is doesn't know 'jack'.
just because you can point to a few instances where he got a timely hit doesn't mean he's 'clutch'. if you can show me some numbers that show with the game on the line in late innings he gets an extraordinary percentage of hits .... THEN maybe you'd have something. you don't! you have no clue WHO has the best 'clutch' numbers on this team. i am so sick of hearing about a stinking clutch hit he got against the cubs, and how he made fun of sosa with that arm-raised routine. big hairy deal!

number 2 ... ever since his hr total started going up, his bb's have gone down and his k's have gone up. a very high percentage of his hr's are aslo solo jobs.

the ONLY thing he does better than SOME ss's is he's averaged 25 homeruns his last 4 years. well whoopteedoo! i don't NEED occassional power from my ss. i need a fielder who can also get on base regularly.
just cause you have a love affair with a almost washed up ss who will NOT be remembered as one of the sox really good ss's doesn't mean the rest of us have to swallow that twaddle.
i think the point of this thread was ... should we ditch val's salary and put it tp better use? well, with uribe coming into his own and either kelly or willie filling in at second, i believe we could. even at willie's pace i don't believe we'd be losing that much, and we'd certainly be improving our infield.
IF we could improve our staff ... i'd say do it. if not then i'm perfectly happy with him staying. I agree. If we trade Valentin we have more salary room for some good pitchers. We have two talented ss and we have a lack of some dependable pitchers. More teams would be interested in Valentin so trade him get some pitching and keep Uribe at ss. Both of them are talented, but one's younger and will play for less money. If they keep Valentin I won't be upset, but I think KW should take advantage of this oppurtunity.

Nard
05-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Valentin on Sunday: 1-4 with 2 K

That's 1-15 with 8 K so far.

jordan23ventura
05-02-2004, 10:44 PM

I say give Juan Uribe more than a month in a sox uniform before he gets crowned starting SS on this year's All-Star Team.

Jeter? Arod? There's no way. He could hit .450 and you'd see a Yankee out there anyway. In case you weren't aware, selections do not always reflect performance.

idseer
05-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Jeter? Arod? There's no way. He could hit .450 and you'd see a Yankee out there anyway. In case you weren't aware, selections do not always reflect performance.

i believe basilesox was being sarcastic.

nasox
05-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by bigdommer
I would think there would be a decent amount of NL teams interested in Jose for a variety of reasons. First, he would provide more power than just about any other NL shortstop, hitting 25-30 homeruns a season. Second, he would be very valuable to teams with weak hitters in the 7 and 8 spots. Third, in the NL, managers have more subs so they could pinch hit for Jose against lefties more freely. If the Sox had not traded Tim Hummel (the ideal utility infielder, a Graffanino clone) for Sullivan last year, they would not hesitate to move Jose, and cover some of his salary.

Interest is there, but how many of those teams would be willing to eat up his contract. What is it, 5 million this year? I don't see that happening. Besides, Valentin is a good left handed bat for our lineup. Bottom line is, KW had no options at the time and had to resign him to a fat deal. Now that we have options, we'll just have to live with it.

basilesox
05-03-2004, 10:55 PM

IF we could improve our staff ... i'd say do it. if not then i'm perfectly happy with him staying.

Alright first off.....the reason I used such strong words in my post was because I wanted some feedback. And I got some which is what I wanted. I have watched plenty of games to know that Jose Valentin is a very clutch hitter when the game is on the line. Now, I am not Mr. Statistics man.....nor do I know where I can go calculate such stats that will tell me his late inning performance. (BA, Game winning RBI, etc.) But I would be surprised if anybody on this team has performed significantly better or even as well over the last few years. I have watched this team roll up into so many double plays in the clutch over the last few years it has made me sick.

Nobody else has power from the left side on this team........which is important to note.

We haven't even had a full season with him batting from the left side completely. Now he tore it up during ST, but that is not one of my points. I believe ST performance is pretty much like saying a player did well in AA or AAA, but this leads to my next point.

How can people keep bringing up his numbers from his Rehab stay in AAA (currently) There is a reason why guys start out in AAA when they come off an injury. A guy is gonna struggle when he hasn't played and has been injured for a couple of weeks. So that point is completely moot.

And you are saying it is his fault that he hits HRs with noone on base......I mean we didn't have a whole lot of production out of our leadoff spot and Ninth place hitters since Durham has left.

He does make more errors than average.....but I have seen him make quite a bit of incredible plays over the last few years that have made up for it. The media (including, ESPN) have highlighted his mistakes and basically said that the Whitesox will not finish in first place because of their horrible defense. I find this ridiculous. Crede is awesome....Uribe has looked stellar....and Pauly has a great glove (but no range)....and Valentin has great range as well.

Now Idseer, I am not going to say that you in particular don't know jack about the Sox.........I was just trying to spark a response from someone (and it worked). You may be very knowledgeable about the Sox as a whole.....At this point I am not sure.......But next time you are trying to convince someone that you do know alot about the Sox.....Leave the statement about Willie Harris or Kelly Dransfeldt being viable options at 2B out of your argument.

idseer
05-03-2004, 11:10 PM
next time you are trying to convince someone that you do know alot about the Sox.....Leave the statement about Willie Harris or Kelly Dransfeldt being viable options at 2B out of your argument.

last i looked harris was playing well on defense and hitting in the .280's. WHY should we assume he won't keep it up?
when is the last time jose was anywhere near .280?

until harris shows me he is NOT a viable option i will continue to think we're better off with him at second and uribe at ss.

you know ... a player isn't any good ... until he's good. and vice versa. i am NOT inclined to stick with what never did us much good in the past when we have a chance of taking a new direction. jose is the past. it's time to let go, basil.

Frankfan4life
05-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
One thing I think we all know that no one has said is that Valentin is a clubhouse leader and Kenny might hesistate cause he's been here a while. Just something to think about.
That's why I voted to wait and see what happens. Jose could be the spark plug the offense needs. Anyway, what we need is pitching if we could get that for Jose, then I'm for it.

eurotrash35
05-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Seriously, what is with all the Willie Harris hate going on in this thread? He's a young player, cut him some slack. I think he's done a fine job so far, and he's only going to get better. Let's stop bashing our current 1-2 hitters because they have been instrumental in winning many of our close games.

basilesox
05-03-2004, 11:21 PM
last i looked harris was playing well on defense and hitting in the .280's. WHY should we assume he won't keep it up?

until harris shows me he is NOT a viable option i will continue to think we're better off with him at second and uribe at ss.

you know ... a player isn't any good ... until he's good. and vice versa. i am NOT inclined to stick with what never did us much good in the past when we have a chance of taking a new direction. jose is the past. it's time to let go, basil.

Right now........Jose his hitting .271 which was identical to W. Harris's average before tonights game........he also hit around .400 in ST.....which doesn't count for too much but it counts for alot more than his numbers at Charlotte during his rehab stint.

Plus Jose has switched to batting lefty against all pitchers and is currently (6 for 20) against lefties this year. Harris will not continue to hit this well.....unless he puts down around 100 infield hits this year...he is not going to hit for a decent average. The man has trouble hitting the ball out of the infield. I am sorry.....he just raised his average by getting two hits off a pitcher who had an ERA over 7.50 coming into this game. Oh but Willie and this pitcher have something in common....they are both great MINOR leaguers.

basilesox
05-03-2004, 11:26 PM

I don't think Jose is the past. He has hit well briefly this year and he played well last year.

So you are saying that because of this one bad year he has went to crap.

The only thing I have ever seen go to crap that fast is Penn State's football program.

Oh I am sorry. That was wrong. I just couldn't help it.

eurotrash35
05-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Right now........Jose his hitting .271 which was identical to W. Harris's average before tonights game........he also hit around .400 in ST.....which doesn't count for too much but it counts for alot more than his numbers at Charlotte during his rehab stint.

Plus Jose has switched to batting lefty against all pitchers and is currently (6 for 20) against lefties this year. Harris will not continue to hit this well.....unless he puts down around 100 infield hits this year...he is not going to hit for a decent average. The man has trouble hitting the ball out of the infield. I am sorry.....he just raised his average by getting two hits off a pitcher who had an ERA over 7.50 coming into this game. Oh but Willie and this pitcher have something in common....they are both great MINOR leaguers.

What makes you think that Willie isn't going to be relatively sucessful? He's been constantly improving this year. He's been more patient at the plate and has had some solid hits to go along with the infield ones. Willie is perfectly suited for our style this year.

idseer
05-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I don't think Jose is the past. He has hit well briefly this year and he played well last year.

So you are saying that because of this one bad year he has went to crap.

The only thing I have ever seen go to crap that fast is Penn State's football program.

Oh I am sorry. That was wrong. I just couldn't help it.

jose is going on 35 with bad legs. i say he's past! not that he can't provide some good hitting off the bench tho. that's where he should be now ... pinch hitter and occassional dh.

as for psu's fb team ... it's true they have turned to crap. and they'll be crap again this year. at least after that we can dump joe!
anyway ... i'm a notre dame fan. a different kind of crap team.

basilesox
05-03-2004, 11:40 PM
jose is going on 35 with bad legs. i say he's past! not that he can't provide some good hitting off the bench tho. that's where he should be now ... pinch hitter and occassional dh.

as for psu's fb team ... it's true they have turned to crap. and they'll be crap again this year. at least after that we can dump joe!
anyway ... i'm a notre dame fan. a different kind of crap team.

ND.......Wow thats worse.......Alright I call a truce on all of this Valentin talk. I dont really have any backup which is surprising. We will see how he does when he returns. I think all will be pleasantly surprised.

Thigpen Rules
05-03-2004, 11:44 PM
truce granted, I hope it ALL works out,. If Valentin can play & we win that's fine by me. I like Valentin;s bat, his D is my only concern,

maybe thats what he's working on on AAA, cause it aint his batting, lol sorry couldn't reist. last one TRUCE

Mammoo
05-04-2004, 01:08 AM
It would be a big mistake to trade JV. He's the team leader!