http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/Diaz430

HomeFish
04-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Borchard HPB...good to see he's getting that OBP up. :smile:

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Borchard HPB...good to see he's getting that OBP up. :smile:

He might have struck out three times, too.

CHISOXFAN13
05-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Valentin was 0-for-4 with two more strikeouts.

FWIW, Borchard and Reed were both hitless in three AB's.

SEALgep
05-01-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Valentin was 0-for-4 with two more strikeouts.

FWIW, Borchard and Reed were both hitless in three AB's. But Felix is 4-0 with a 2.01 ERA in AAA. This guy is ready to contribute whenever we feel we can use him in the pen. He could even potentially be a new fifth stater. I'm not so worried about Reed, he's more of a June option anyhow. Either way, Felix looks like he was a good pick up, and probably able to contribute in the near fututre.

Nard
05-01-2004, 03:00 AM
So Valentin is 0-8 with 4 Ks so far at the AAA level?

Anyone else find this mildly disturbing?

DrCrawdad
05-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
But Felix is 4-0 with a 2.01 ERA in AAA. This guy is ready to contribute whenever we feel we can use him in the pen. He could even potentially be a new fifth starter. I'm not so worried about Reed, he's more of a June option anyhow. Either way, Felix looks like he was a good pick up, and probably able to contribute in the near future.

I'm excited about Diaz. I look forward to seeing what he can do up with the Sox, hopefully he'll do well.

The Lofton for Diaz trade, as well as some of Kenny's much maligned trades seem to be working for the Sox.

MRKARNO
05-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I'm excited about Diaz. I look forward to seeing what he can do up with the Sox, hopefully he'll do well.

The Lofton for Diaz trade, as well as some of Kenny's much maligned trades seem to be working for the Sox.

I'm excitied about Diaz too. He really should be the first person given the look at the 5th starter role. That would leave Cotts available to be there for the late innings or for a starter later on if Diaz falters. But if we dont make Cotts into a starter soon this year, I dont know when he will ever have the endurance to make the switch in the middle of the year.

Diaz so far this year:
4-0 W-L
2.01 ERA
29 K
3 BB
31.1 IP
0.83 WHIP

Nearly a 10/1 K/BB Ratio and a .83 WHIP????

What Else does this guy have to do???
Call him up now!

Randar, could we get a scouting report?