PDA

View Full Version : Game Called

MRKARNO
04-30-2004, 08:26 PM
No Sox game tonight folks. Just heard on ESPN 1000

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Boooo!

The Dave Wills interview of the new marketing V.P. was pretty good, though.

:gallas
"Not one original thought... not even a 'bring your cat to Sox Park' promotion. What a loser..."

hose
04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Double header tomorrow

3:05 start

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a question about this.

I have tickets tomorrow for the night game. Will I be able to get in for the first game with my tickets to the second game? Assuming it won't be sold out (lol) I don't see the problem.

Anyone know how the day/night double headers work?

hose
04-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Boooo!

The Dave Wills interview of the new marketing V.P. was pretty good, though.

:gallas
"Not one original thought... not even a 'bring your cat to Sox Park' promotion. What a loser..."

Reinsy on Chicago Tonight was even better.

Jerry called Moronotti a piss ant

MRKARNO
04-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I have a question about this.

I have tickets tomorrow for the night game. Will I be able to get in for the first game with my tickets to the second game? Assuming it won't be sold out (lol) I don't see the problem.

Anyone know how the day/night double headers work?

Pretty sure you go to both and those who went tonight get the rain check.

Edit: Actually I'm very sure. Be there at 3:05!

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Pretty sure you go to both and those who went tonight get the rain check

I hope so. Can anyone double stamp this? I don't want to get turned down at the gate tomorrow at 2:30.

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 08:35 PM

Edit: Actually I'm very sure. Be there at 3:05!

Right on!

MRKARNO
04-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I hope so. Can anyone double stamp this? I don't want to get turned down at the gate tomorrow at 2:30.

Dave Wills made it pretty clear that this is the case

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Dave Wills made it pretty clear that this is the case

Yeah he basically said the rain check is good for any game besides the Cubs/Sox since that's sold out.

It wouldn't make sense for them to turn you down for the first game if you've already got tickets to the second.

Should be fun. Last double header I went to was in 2000 vs. Seattle. We didn't do too well.

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 08:52 PM
No way they schedule a day/night DH and start the first game at 3:05. They would have to clear and clean the park and then get the second crowd seated all in under an hour..

This has to be an old time DH where one ticket is good for both games.

anewman35
04-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No way they schedule a day/night DH and start the first game at 3:05. They would have to clear and clean the park and then get the second crowd seated all in under an hour..

This has to be an old time DH where one ticket is good for both games.

Besides, if they had a new game tomorrow afternoon, with no tickets sold already for it, and with tomorrow's weather, I doubt they'd get 1000 people in the park...

Lip Man 1
04-30-2004, 09:06 PM
It's very interesting they start the first game at 3 pm Chicago time. WGN is slated to start showing what is now game 2 at 6 pm.

I don't think it's possible to play the first game and redo the field in under three hours.

I wonder what WGN does if the first game goes long.

Lip

MRKARNO
04-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It's very interesting they start the first game at 3 pm Chicago time. WGN is slated to start showing what is now game 2 at 6 pm.

I don't think it's possible to play the first game and redo the field in under three hours.

I wonder what WGN does if the first game goes long.

Lip

I wouldnt be surprised if they pushed the 2nd game back to 7:05

NonetheLoaiza
04-30-2004, 09:10 PM
i wish both games were on wgn. id be booked for 6 hours. its the only station i get to watch the sox on (besides espn).

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, the 3:05 first game is set. If it pushes back the start of Game 2, then it does.

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 09:26 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if they pushed the 2nd game back to 7:05

1/2 hour after the end of the first one is traditional. People will start arriving for the scheduled 6:05 start by 4:30 anyway, so they will slowly fill up and people will get 1+ games to watch.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2004, 09:32 PM
The best time I ever had at the ballpark was a twi-night doubleheader at Old Comiskey back in July, 1988. I was at the ballpark for 12 solid hours, from a pre-game group party in the old Patio Area underneath the Monster Scoreboard right through to the fireworks show after the second game concluded. And Ashley Whipped catching frisbees for between-game entertainment, too!

Ah to be young, stupid, and childless again...

:)

Dadawg_77
04-30-2004, 10:05 PM
according to White Sox.com it is a single ticket dh. I would believe they honor tomorrow's tickets for both games. Today's tickets can be exchanged for any game except the Cubs series (per Dave Wells) this year, including tomorrows if you wish.

Dadawg_77
04-30-2004, 10:07 PM
The policy

In the event that a regulation game is not played and is rescheduled on a previously scheduled date, this coupon becomes a gift certificate that may be exchanged at any time in the future at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office or by mail (333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616) for a ticket of equal or lesser value for a future regular championship season game (subject to prior sales). In no instance shall this ticket be exchangeable for a ticket with a face value greater than the face value of this ticket. NO CASH REFUND OR CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED. This policy may be amended at anytime without notice.

inta
04-30-2004, 10:14 PM
just so i have this straight. i can use my ticket stub from tonight to get an equal value ticket for any game by just going to the box office the day of the game i want?

Dadawg_77
04-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by inta
just so i have this straight. i can use my ticket stub from tonight to get an equal value ticket for any game by just going to the box office the day of the game i want?

Yes as long as they still have tickets

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 10:38 PM
What if you wanna go to the game tomorrow, but you can't make it to the first one?

Can I walk in there anytime and buy a ticket? I'd like to go see the second one after work.

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
What if you wanna go to the game tomorrow, but you can't make it to the first one?

Can I walk in there anytime and buy a ticket? I'd like to go see the second one after work.

You can buy a ticket at almost anytime if they are available. I am sure you could walk up in the 7th inning of the second game and get a ticket if you desperately wanted to see a couple innings of live baseball.

StockdaleForVeep
04-30-2004, 11:49 PM

What if u wanna go but dont have the money?

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
What if u wanna go but dont have the money?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg

"Then you're a White Sox fan."

batmanZoSo
05-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You can buy a ticket at almost anytime if they are available. I am sure you could walk up in the 7th inning of the second game and get a ticket if you desperately wanted to see a couple innings of live baseball.

Thanks. I didn't know they kept the B.O. open for the entire game.

StockdaleForVeep
05-01-2004, 01:25 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/reinsy.jpg

"Then you're a White Sox fan."

http://www.careermisconduct.com/images/10.jpg
"JR? this is BW(bill wirtz) Whats this i hear about you televising games and not 100% fleecing the fans, dont you know winning is costly?"