Gload LF
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Perez CF
SAlomar C

Buehrle SP

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Semi-regular lineup. But not near "tinkering" levels. Lee could use a day off, so could Olivo.

MRKARNO
04-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Thank god Rowand got a "day off."

He is already starting to lose the grip on the starting job to Timo.

Gload is a more than acceptable replacement for Lee for a day. He's hitting real well and Lee is in a bit of a funk.

Alomar almost always catches Buehrle so this isnt a surprise

CHISOXFAN13
04-30-2004, 06:42 PM
I'll take as many lefties as we can get against Halladay. I like this lineup.

owensmouth
04-30-2004, 07:01 PM
As bad as MB has been lately, this couldbe verrrrrryyyy ugly

nasox
04-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Semi-regular lineup. But not near "tinkering" levels. Lee could use a day off, so could Olivo.

Actually, Olivo isn't in the lineup because MB is pitching and Burly-Mon always prefers Sandy behind the plate. FYI

JohnJeter
04-30-2004, 07:18 PM
They're delaying the start of the game and have the tarp on despite the fact that it's not raining. There is a front coming in, and they're anticipating it with this move. Ah, technology. Probably a good move.

MarqSox
04-30-2004, 07:18 PM
We got an estimated first pitch time?

DrummerGeorgefan
04-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Whats on Rain Delay Theatre?

Daver
04-30-2004, 07:22 PM
:takeittochat

JohnJeter
04-30-2004, 07:47 PM
"Take it to chat".

Daver, I'm having trouble reconciling your concerns with bandwidth regarding the "Today's Game" topic with the countless repetitive threads on other topics, i.e., "I hate the Cubs", "I hate the local media", "Go Sox" (the numerous content-free versions), "what is your favorite jersey", "if you were a Sox fan, what animal would you be", etc.

What's the mods' rule on bandwidth wasteage? I don't mean this in an inflammatory way, I'm just curious. Point being, there's substantive baseball talk on the PBP-- chat doesn't seem to provide that very often.

MetalliSox
04-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head.

kermittheefrog
04-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Can someone, anyone give a definitive answer to: What is the purpose of the today's game thread and what is the purpose of chat? It seems that they are supposed to have different purposes but moderators often feel like the thread is treated like a chatroom.

A.T. Money
04-30-2004, 07:58 PM
I just went outside to walk my dog, man it is FREEZING!

Cubbiesuck13
04-30-2004, 08:01 PM
60-90 minute delay is scheduled. wow, this is going to be a late night.

hempsox
04-30-2004, 08:12 PM
You know...with the rain delay, I may be able to hit the Chat room during the game when I get outta work. Won't that be refreshing for all of you to see my sparkling commentary and dry wit on a line by line basis.

JohnJeter
04-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Can someone, anyone give a definitive answer to: What is the purpose of the today's game thread and what is the purpose of chat? It seems that they are supposed to have different purposes but moderators often feel like the thread is treated like a chatroom.

The purpose of "chat", as I've seen it, is a bunch of content-free back-and-forth jibbajabba between folks who may be hardcore Sox fans, but just like "chatting" in a superficial way. It's cute, it's nice, but very little actual baseball gets discussed.

Ohmigod! By that definition, "chat" is "Cubdom".

FarWestChicago
04-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
The purpose of "chat", as I've seen it, is a bunch of content-free back-and-forth jibbajabba between folks who may be hardcore Sox fans, but just like "chatting" in a superficial way. It's cute, it's nice, but very little actual baseball gets discussed.And you've just described the vast majority of "posts" in these "threads".

hose
04-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Tonights game has been called a rained out.

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 08:26 PM
"Take it to chat".

Daver, I'm having trouble reconciling your concerns with bandwidth regarding the "Today's Game" topic with the countless repetitive threads on other topics, i.e., "I hate the Cubs", "I hate the local media", "Go Sox" (the numerous content-free versions), "what is your favorite jersey", "if you were a Sox fan, what animal would you be", etc.

What's the mods' rule on bandwidth wasteage? I don't mean this in an inflammatory way, I'm just curious. Point being, there's substantive baseball talk on the PBP-- chat doesn't seem to provide that very often.

:troll

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:troll

More than that.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

JohnJeter
04-30-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm a hardcore Sox fan, and I get the "troll" thing from no less than two mods-- huh?

I asked a legitimate question regarding "chat" (no content, usually) vs. "Game Day" thread (not content-filled, but actual, substantive baseball content does sift in) and I get "troll" from you guys?

Yeesh, I'm a huge Sox fan, and I get that? A "mod" should exhibit a "mod"icum of impartiality. Mods posting troll images on a Sox fan that simply made an observation on interactions occurring on this site? That ain't fair, and

JohnJeter! He gawn!

MRKARNO
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm a hardcore Sox fan, and I get the "troll" thing from no less than two mods-- huh?

I asked a legitimate question regarding "chat" (no content, usually) vs. "Game Day" thread (not content-filled, but actual, substantive baseball content does sift in) and I get "troll" from you guys?

Yeesh, I'm a huge Sox fan, and I get that? A "mod" should exhibit a "mod"icum of impartiality. Mods posting troll images on a Sox fan that simply made an observation on interactions occurring on this site? That ain't fair, and

JohnJeter! He gawn!

Yeah I agree with you. There really should be healthy game threads for every game just as a matter of historical record for the first part and to discuss more detailed baseball than the reactionary chat.

Mods, you made the point that the chat is fun, and I wholeheartedly agree, but lets not kill the game thread as we know it.

Daver
04-30-2004, 10:18 PM

JohnJeter! He gawn!

If you are going to stop visiting this site over the fact that we would rather not have a game thread at all so be it.I want to abolish it completely,it is little more than a chat fest and a waste of disc space.We allow it to exist for a few members that have no access to the chat because they are behind firewalls at work or are on military computers that are not Java enabled,and we try to keep it limited to inning recaps as opposed to at bat analysis.Anything else belongs in the chat room,that is what it is there for,plain and simple.

If you have issues that go beyond this take them to PM or E-mail,it will be discussed no further here.