PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti is a tool

OurBitchinMinny
04-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I know this is not a new topic, but he was just on Espnews. Ripping on the white sox again, calling sox fans second class citizens. Bring up inferiority complex. This guy is such an ass. He says sox fans need to realize that cubs are going for history and trying to win a World Series. What the hell are the white sox trying to do? The only thing I think he has a point with is when he brings up the embarrassing attendance. This guys claims not to be a fan of either team, but he is 100% Cub. This guy should be writing in des moines, instead he is chicagos best known writer.

bobj4400
04-30-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
I know this is not a new topic, but he was just on Espnews. Ripping on the white sox again, calling sox fans second class citizens. Bring up inferiority complex. This guy is such an ass. He says sox fans need to realize that cubs are going for history and trying to win a World Series. What the hell are the white sox trying to do? The only thing I think he has a point with is when he brings up the embarrassing attendance. This guys claims not to be a fan of either team, but he is 100% Cub. This guy should be writing in des moines, instead he is chicagos best known writer.

Why doesnt this jackass just leave us alone. We DONT CARE about the attendance issue anymore. It is what it is. Things are not going to change over night so get over it. I absolutely despise this jagoff...

cheeses_h_rice
04-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Remember these things and I think it will help put things in perspective:

1. Jay Marriotti is a windsock, first and foremost. Whichever way the prevailing sentiment is leaning, that's the direction the Moron leans.

2. Jay Marriotti is a petty, sad little man, with some personal vendettas against the White Sox because of actions of our owners, certain players, and Sox fans' adamant refusal to stop giving him grief.

3. Jay Marriotti desperately, desperately wants to be liked. And talked about.

Tekijawa
04-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
3. Jay Marriotti desperately, desperately wants to be liked. And talked about.

I knew a girl like that in college.... ahhhhh the things she'd do when you got her drunk! :D:

clarkent
04-30-2004, 02:38 PM
And this you just figured out? Let's ignore this horrible excuse for a columnist . Better yet, don't buy the Cub-Times -- read the Daily Southtown-- a fair paper!

davidleeroth
04-30-2004, 02:45 PM
while 95% of what mariotti says is total bs and should be taken for slander, the point that a lot of white sox fans have an inferiority complex is dead on

Irishsox1
04-30-2004, 02:47 PM
His vendetta against the Sox has crossed the line from legitimate to down right bizzare. Why is he so infactuated with putting down the Sox? If the Cubs are making history, why then slam the Sox? Leave the Sox alone if you think they aren't making history. Just talk and write about the Cubs. I'm sure the guys at ESPN are like "why is this guy ranting and raving like a moron about the White Sox when the Cubs are the talk of the town". Actually this is helping the Sox, when everyone is talking about the Cubs, this dope is talking about the Sox. Its all negative talk, but at least the Sox are in the paper. Remember, there is no such thing as bad press.

fuzzy_patters
04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by davidleeroth
while 95% of what mariotti says is total bs and should be taken for slander, the point that a lot of white sox fans have an inferiority complex is dead on

This is coming from someone who posts as David Lee Roth? LOL!

jackbrohamer
04-30-2004, 03:00 PM
It amazes me that people are able to withstand the sheer agony that results from listening to or reading Moronotti.

RedPinStripes
04-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I knew a girl like that in college.... ahhhhh the things she'd do when you got her drunk! :D:

*****! :gulp:

Baby Fisk
04-30-2004, 03:14 PM
I agree that this topic is a dead horse that was beaten into mush long ago, but I howled when I saw the thread title. Hilarious!

Uncle_Patrick
04-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Here's a quick rundown on all the problems with Jay Marriotti:

1. He's a yellow journalist who couldn't write a fair or balanced story to save his life so he sensationalizes everything to get noticed.

2. He has a personal vendetta with Jerry Reinsdorf, who, unfortunately, is beaten out only by Bill Wirtz as the most hated sports owner in Chicago. He can air this vendetta through his column and radio show and because JR is such an unsympathetic and despised character, people side with Marriotti.

3. Far too many White Sox fans pay attention to what he says.

Don't listen to his radio show. Don't read his column. Don't buy the Sun-Times. Don't watch him on that stupid show on ESPN. He is a sensationalist. He will only say things that will piss you off. The only way to make this type of person go away is to ignore him. He feeds on your attention.

woodenleg
04-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Did he really say that White Sox fans are 'second-class citizens'?

As in, like, they should have separate water fountains and stuff?

Wow, the north siders in the media have taught him well.

bobj4400
04-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Don't read his column. Don't buy the Sun-Times.

I used to buy the sun-times b/c I felt that buying the Tribune was supporting the enemy, but Moronotti has gotten me to do the unthinkable: become a Tribune reader.

The Sun-Times is a rag.

WSox8404
04-30-2004, 04:13 PM
I sent good ole Jay an email telling him off. It wasn't really long or harsh, just some facts such as him being a closet cub fan and such. His reply? "I feel sorry for you." He is a jag.

jackbrohamer
04-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Here's a quick rundown on all the problems with Jay Marriotti:

1. He's a yellow journalist who couldn't write a fair or balanced story to save his life so he sensationalizes everything to get noticed.

2. He has a personal vendetta with Jerry Reinsdorf, who, unfortunately, is beaten out only by Bill Wirtz as the most hated sports owner in Chicago. He can air this vendetta through his column and radio show and because JR is such an unsympathetic and despised character, people side with Marriotti.

3. Far too many White Sox fans pay attention to what he says.

He's also in an industry that does not reward writing skill or intelligence as much as it rewards obnoxiousness.

OurBitchinMinny
04-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
Did he really say that White Sox fans are 'second-class citizens'?

As in, like, they should have separate water fountains and stuff?

Wow, the north siders in the media have taught him well.

I dont know if he meant it the way he sounded, but thats what he said with Mike Kim on espnews. He said white sox fans are second class citizens

Uncle_Patrick
04-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by WSox8404
I sent good ole Jay an email telling him off. It wasn't really long or harsh, just some facts such as him being a closet cub fan and such. His reply? "I feel sorry for you." He is a jag.

Whatelse would expect from one of the "few unbiased" reporters in town (or however he deemed himself). He's a waste of flesh.

Jeremy
05-01-2004, 12:33 AM
I never understood the attendence issue. Personally, I hate waiting 40 mins to take a piss in Wrigley. I went there for opening day because I had free tickets and I was running around trying to find a bathroom without a long wait. I was denied access to the upperdeck. There were so many standing room only people on the ramps, they were not even looking towards the feild (nevermind the fact that they probably wouldnt be able to see with the obstructed views and the overhang of the upperdeck). I found a corner on one of the ramps and I just pissed there... in a way that was 2 positives, I relieved myself and I did it on enemy grounds.

TDog
05-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by WSox8404

Of course he feels sorry for you. You probably have to work for a living.

row18
05-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Can we revoke this moron's press pass when the playoffs start? While Chicago is celebrating the SOX pennant, he can sit in the urinal all alone missing history.

Dan H
05-01-2004, 08:01 AM
I am not a Mariotti hater like most, but this year he has sickened me like the rest of the Chicago media. Now every column is about how great the Cubs are. Though I think the Cubs have a great chance to go to the Series this year, their record as I write this is 1/2 game worse than the Sox. A true contender is there in September, and considering how the Cubs wasted another good perfomance by Kerry Wood in the first game against St. Louis, you can't simply assume the Cubs will be there. Hype doesn't win pennants.

What is truly astounding is the media contempt for White Sox fans. They bad mouth us left and right, then expect three million to show up at US Cellular, and read this mindless drivel about the Cubs all year long. We're not jealous of the Cubbies. We hate their tradition of throwing opposition home runs back, the endless propaganda and the fact it is not safe in Wrigleyville. I just wonder what the media will write if the Cubs don't even make it to the playoffs this year.

TDog
05-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by row18
Can we revoke this moron's press pass when the playoffs start? While Chicago is celebrating the SOX pennant, he can sit in the urinal all alone missing history.

Unfortunately, he doesn't need to watch baseball to write venomously about it. He would miss the free food, though.

inta
05-01-2004, 02:54 PM
this link's been posted before on this forum, but it's completely relevant to this thread.

http://www.chireader.com/hottype/2003/030808_1.html

describes what a real journalist like telander thinks of worthless sensationalists like moronotti.

OurBitchinMinny
05-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Not that it will do any good, but how to you email this no talent ass clown? I dont see an address listed after his columns

pinwheels3530
05-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Maiotti is not a tool he's a PISS ANT!