PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Commercials

bartmanisgod
04-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I know these are kind of old, but I dont know if they have been talked about yet. The new sox commercials with Ozzie on Fans and Focus are awesome! I think it is great marketing and exactly what some of the casual fans need to see... btw can you imagine one of those comercials with JM... probably the funniest thing ever!

Also the Pepsi commercial where the Sox fan gives Corkey a spicy taco is priceless

Overall pretty good Marketing thus far

inta
04-30-2004, 02:44 PM
yeah they're not bad

on the flipside, the most annoying commercial of the century goes to "a focus and a dell"

oy vey

nasox
04-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by inta
yeah they're not bad

on the flipside, the most annoying commercial of the century goes to "a focus and a dell"

oy vey

maybe they are annoying, but the marketing strategy is fantastic. I still wouldn't by a Focus tho :D:

npdempse
04-30-2004, 03:12 PM

oy vey

Thanks for putting that back into my head.

Now for retaliation:

I'm 'onna go easy...on ATA...

anewman35
04-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Thanks for putting that back into my head.

Now for retaliation:

I'm 'onna go easy...on ATA...

Die! Both of you, Die!

Of course, both are still better than some of the Jay Mariotti commericials they run on AM 1000...

alohafri
04-30-2004, 03:41 PM
I've been complaining about both of those commercials to Mr. Aloha for some time now...glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are the most annoying ads in a long time. I thought the old Dodge commercials from a few years back were pretty annoying, but the ATA and Dell ones are much worse!

---Mrs. Aloha

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I've been complaining about both of those commercials to Mr. Aloha for some time now...glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are the most annoying ads in a long time. I thought the old Dodge commercials from a few years back were pretty annoying, but the ATA and Dell ones are much worse!

---Mrs. Aloha

Dodge...d-d-different.

Big savings just about...big savings...almost everything

(show a picture of a Viper)..

I d-d-don't think so

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bartmanisgod
btw can you imagine one of those comercials with JM... probably the funniest thing ever!

they had those a couple years ago. jm was like "it dont matter who ya are, oakland, newyork, the twins, you better bring your A game!"

obviously the sox only brought thier C game that year.

alohafri
04-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh great, now I have the dddddodge commercial earworm!
Tanks for nuttin' BatmanZoso... :angry:

--Mrs. Aloha
(jus kiddin')

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
they had those a couple years ago. jm was like "it dont matter who ya are, oakland, newyork, the twins, you better bring your A game!"

obviously the sox only brought thier C game that year.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/jerry1.jpg
"There's a moment in a team's life when experience, talent, chemistry and desire all show up at the same time. When that happens, you ready to make you run. This is White Sox baseball...come ready to play."

wolcott10
04-30-2004, 07:32 PM
How about that Ford commercial last year where they kept playing that song "Anyway You Want It"?

Man, that was annoying!

southsidegirl
04-30-2004, 07:55 PM
That's a terrible song. Most Journey songs are. At Hard Rock Cafe in San Antonio, they played about 6 Journey songs back to back to back to back to back to back. I was dying a slow and painful death until Prince came on.

SoxFan76
04-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Journey is awesome. I don't know what you are talking about. Wait, you were suffering until PRINCE came on?!? Oh please. I don't understand the whole Prince thing. I never understood his music.

hempsox
04-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
Journey is awesome. I don't know what you are talking about. Wait, you were suffering until PRINCE came on?!? Oh please. I don't understand the whole Prince thing. I never understood his music.

teal is the color to show that you are being sarcastic. Please tell me that you didn't just take Journey over Prince. Prince the man that dumped Sheana Easton (after she redid all his songs). GAAAAAAAAAAA

alohafri
04-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by hempsox
teal is the color to show that you are being sarcastic. Please tell me that you didn't just take Journey over Prince. Prince the man that dumped Sheana Easton (after she redid all his songs). GAAAAAAAAAAA

Sheena is muff. Proof positive that Prince is a knucklehead.

SoxFan76
04-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by hempsox

No sarcasm intended whatsoever. Hands down I take Journey over Prince. I'm a sucker for that kind of music. Styx/REO Speedwagon/Journey. I think my dad told me it was labeled "corporate rock". I can see where the title came from, but I still enjoy their music.

Railsplitter
04-30-2004, 10:16 PM
I'll be glad when that "Focus and a Dell" offer is over.

There's a whole series of commercials that's imbedded in my memory nearly twenty years later and that's WMAQ radio's "if you can't be at the game" series. The premise was self explanitory. One had a cloistered nun, another a janitor in a posh office catching a game on the radio.

The best was was the one where Ron Kittle got tossed by an ump after disputing a called third strike. The dialouge went like this:

Ump: Strike three!
Kittle: A ball.
Ump: It was strike.
Kittle ( in flat nonotone): A ball, you cross-eyed old goat.
Ump: (gasps in horror) Kittle, you're out of the game!

Kittle then went into clubhouse, where he turned on a transistor radio in time to Hear then Sox announcer Joe Mc Connel say "I don't know what that was about, but it looked like a strike from here."

Whitesox029
04-30-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah they're not bad

oy vey
That one is indeed annoying...but remember the radio commercials--bluecross-blueshield's little tune is now extremely annoying as is Jared's galleria of jewelers stupid tenor sax jingle.
Recalling back to 2000--there was a commercial for scott's lawn care products with a talking grub that had a heavy scottish accent. it was hilarious. anyone else remember?

MeanFish
05-01-2004, 01:06 AM
nothing stands up next to the max madsen and fanta radio commercials...

SEALgep
05-01-2004, 03:23 AM
They just showed on ESPN News, that PK commercial where he's asking if the fact that he wears black sox as a White Sox, is that weird? Still kind of funny. :D:

WhiteSox = Life
05-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
They just showed on ESPN News, that PK commercial where he's asking if the fact that he wears black sox as a White Sox, is that weird? Still kind of funny. :D:

:walnuts
"And, if it's called a foul pole, how come when the ball hits it, it's fair?"

santo=dorf
05-01-2004, 04:05 AM
What about those ATA commercials they kept running with that one fat guy? You know:

Fat guy walks on screen and notcies an arrow, then beggs not to be clicked into oblivion.

Or where he is wearing some kind of rocket shoes and flies off-screen.

Sorry for bringing this crap back up. :)

Chrisaway
05-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by bartmanisgod

Also the Pepsi commercial where the Sox fan gives Corkey a spicy taco is priceless

Overall pretty good Marketing thus far

I saw that commercial last night. Funny stuff. They shoulda had a Sox player give him the taco and do the taunt. (Valentin?)

Whitesox029
05-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Chrisaway
I saw that commercial last night. Funny stuff. They shoulda had a Sox player give him the taco and do the taunt. (Valentin?)
Ah but that eliminates the element of surprise....why would Valentin call Sosa "my main man?" As I type it's coming on....weird.

blueeyes33
05-02-2004, 01:17 PM
"i know sox fans, and they wan to win"

damn ozzie.your so observant.

AOEllis
05-02-2004, 01:58 PM
We.. are.. the Mazda Machine... on Route 19.