PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Jeff Liefer?

npdempse
04-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Jung Kuen Bong, a former pitcher for the Atlanta Braves who was traded this season to the Cincinnati Reds, scattered five hits and struck out eight batters, pitching the Louisville Bats to a 9-0 victory Thursday night over the Indianapolis Indians in an International League game at Victory Field.

The game was halted for 15 minutes after the third inning when Indians first baseman Jeff Liefer accidentally got locked inside the team's clubhouse restroom.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/142467-3308-036.html

Jjav829
04-30-2004, 01:01 PM
LMAO! What a great story. Bernstein and Mully just had Liefer on to talk about it. To get out they had to pass him tools so that he could unhinge the door from the inside! To explain it to the fans, the stadium announcer said the game was being held up because a player was being detained in the clubhouse. Some of the fans started calling up radio stations and saying that one of the Indians players was being arrested. The other players were throwing toilet paper onto the field because of it. LOL, what a great story.

soltrain21
04-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I knew we should of traded Thomas, he was the future!

:jerry
"He is that versitile?! Jeez, why wasn't I aware!

Moses_Scurry
04-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Just to add to the washed-up-has-been-who-never-was report, The Indy Indians also have Mark Johnson as their starting catcher! I went to the home opener for the Indians against the Mets' AAA team from Norfolk and was amazed to see the one and only James Baldwin on the Norfolk team!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
...To get out they had to pass him tools so that he could unhinge the door from the inside! To explain it to the fans, the stadium announcer said the game was being held up because a player was being detained in the clubhouse....

:liefer
"I put a whole new meaning to 'five-tool' player!"

:jerry
"I regret not getting Jeff more time using his screwdriver, wrench, and persuader... er, I mean hammer... during key game situations."

:versatile
"Hey, nobody out versatiles me! I'm going straight to Sears to pick up a cordless drill and shop vac."

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-30-2004, 04:38 PM
hell no i cant believe that! jeff liefer is a tool. you're supposed to use the bathroom before the game anyway. glad to see he is in clevelands org now.

Frankfan4life
04-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
Just to add to the washed-up-has-been-who-never-was report, The Indy Indians also have Mark Johnson as their starting catcher! I went to the home opener for the Indians against the Mets' AAA team from Norfolk and was amazed to see the one and only James Baldwin on the Norfolk team!
Nice report. I got goosebumps hearing JB's name. I wish him good luck getting back to the bigs. He was a lot of fun to watch.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/142467-3308-036.html

They should hand out Jung Keun "Bongs" to the first 5,000 folks. LOL, that's the best name I've ever heard in baseball. :smile:

pearso66
04-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Actually, it's not clevelands organization, its the Brewers.