PDA

View Full Version : Reisndorf on the Score @ 2:30

Viva Magglio
04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
I think I heard Murph & Fred say that Jerry Reinsdorf will appear on the Score during North & Buffone's show at around 2:30 this afternoon. That is the second time this month JR has appeared there. He appeared earlier in the month three weeks ago.

harwar
04-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Yea,i remember hearing the great sadness in his voice as he told how disappointed he was that he didn't get Garciaparra and get rid of Maggs.
I don't trust that guy and i never will.

Randar68
04-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Viva Magglio
I think I heard Murph & Fred say that Jerry Reinsdorf will appear on the Score during North & Buffone's show at around 2:30 this afternoon. That is the second time this month JR has appeared there. He appeared earlier in the month three weeks ago.

The ESPN guys have F'ed with him, it's his turn to stick it to them. He's taking the Sox to the Score eventually and getting a couple years of butt-kissing out of the Score in return. It's even FURTHER de-valuing ESPN's programming.

Uncle_Patrick
04-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

The ESPN guys have F'ed with him, it's his turn to stick it to them. He's taking the Sox to the Score eventually and getting a couple years of butt-kissing out of the Score in return. It's even FURTHER de-valuing ESPN's programming.

ESPN's programming is losing value? But they have Jay Marriotti!

habibharu
04-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
ESPN's programming is losing value? But they have Jay Marriotti! hey dont forget about Jim Rome!. Rack'em!

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-30-2004, 02:35 PM
It's just starting. First thing brought up is the cubs. I think North is going to continue to preach about how god is a cubs fan and hates the sox so we get bad weather

bobj4400
04-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Of course people are calling in to complain...way to reinforce the notion of whiny Sox fans.

joecrede
04-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

To illustrate your point Randar, this from Ed Sherman's column regarding the just-released ratings:

WSCR's morning team of Mike Murphy and Fred Huebner and the midday show of Terry Boers and Dan Bernstein also soundly beat the competition on WMVP.

Curiously though John Jackson printed this take in his Sun-Times column today:

But executives at WMVP-AM (1000) were pleased with the growth their station showed, especially at midday, where a new local show with Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti debuted a few weeks into the ratings book.

''We are calling Jay's first ratings book a solid double off the wall,'' program director Len Weiner said. ''We're psyched with what we see from Jay. The growth from last year is really good.''

Hmm ... Jackson must've feared the dreaded Mariotti voice mails had he gone against a teammate. :gulp:

Viva Magglio
04-30-2004, 05:57 PM
First Reinsdorf and then Ozzie on the station the same day, as the Sox and the Score step closer to a 2006 broadcast partnership.