PDA

View Full Version : Todays game on mlb.tv

joeynach
04-29-2004, 10:26 PM
This has got to be the worst mlb.tv broadcast ever. Why on earth are they broadcasting the toronto feed. Its not even on the air in toronto tonight. These two guys suck and dont know anything. Furthermore this station doesn't even have a banner at the top with game info. No outs, pitch count, runners position, speed, nothing. ALso they dont even go to commercials. THey just sit there and kill the audio feed and show the pitchers warming up and the groundscrew draggind the field. THis is absoutley ridicoulous. WHy broadcast and out of country feed for the rest of this country to see??

BearSox
04-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I've kind of liked watching all the warmups from this feed. They've had a lor of good shots of the cell as well as the camera panms around inbetween innings looking for the shot to start the inning.

Cubbiesuck13
04-29-2004, 10:33 PM
it should be like watching an old game. The no commercial thing is cool. treat it like your at the game.

dllrbll7
04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
This has got to be the worst mlb.tv broadcast ever. Why on earth are they broadcasting the toronto feed. Its not even on the air in toronto tonight. These two guys suck and dont know anything. Furthermore this station doesn't even have a banner at the top with game info. No outs, pitch count, runners position, speed, nothing. ALso they dont even go to commercials. THey just sit there and kill the audio feed and show the pitchers warming up and the groundscrew draggind the field. THis is absoutley ridicoulous. WHy broadcast and out of country feed for the rest of this country to see??

I believe they arent using the Sox broadcast because its on WCIU, they seem to only broadcast the WGN or Fox Sports broadcasts. If its not even being aired in Toronto im surprised they would have them broadcast it. Usually they just say no TV and dont broadcast anything, which in that case i am happy with what i got

voodoochile
04-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I believe they arent using the Sox broadcast because its on WCIU, they seem to only broadcast the WGN or Fox Sports broadcasts. If its not even being aired in Toronto im surprised they would have them broadcast it. Usually they just say no TV and dont broadcast anything, which in that case i am happy with what i got

I have been wondering about this too. WCIU does not get covered by MLB.TV.

I was wondering since the first inning when they spelled defense with a "c" (defence). Is that Candian? I didn't think so, but I'm no expert.

I don't like the lack of graphics, but what ones they do give you have more info than normal. Pitchers have their WHIP listed and batters have OBP listed.

I am wondering if Roger is just some guy with a satellite dish who is pirating the WCIU feed and throwing in their own commentary. Maybe MLB.TV just figured, what the heck. It's Sox-N-Roll, Canadian style... :D:

Unregistered
04-29-2004, 10:45 PM
This feed is pretty strange. They don't kill the audio between innings - you can hear the crowd and hear the ball being caught - but the weird thing is the random pop up interviews and graphics that just sit there for 30 seconds. That and the fact that the camera spins and zooms like crazy. It is really annoying not to have any screen graphics telling you how many outs there are or what inning it is.

And that Canadian accent is starting to get on my nerves.

"Tha Jays are ganna be soory to miss tha rain toonait..."

dllrbll7
04-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I have been wondering about this too. WCIU does not get covered by MLB.TV.

I was wondering since the first inning when they spelled defense with a "c" (defence). Is that Candian? I didn't think so, but I'm no expert.

I don't like the lack of graphics, but what ones they do give you have more info than normal. Pitchers have their WHIP listed and batters have OBP listed.

I am wondering if Roger is just some guy with a satellite dish who is pirating the WCIU feed and throwing in their own commentary. Maybe MLB.TV just figured, what the heck. It's Sox-N-Roll, Canadian style... :D:

Now to get SoxNRoll broadcasted on MLB.tv would be sweet. This guys really dont seem to partial towards toronto which is nice for a change

Cubbiesuck13
04-29-2004, 10:48 PM
whatever happend to sox-n-roll. that was the best. bring it back bring it back

voodoochile
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13

They got jobs... :D:

BearSox
04-29-2004, 10:52 PM
"Hurry up and lose here!" LOL I hope they actually use that sound bite during the broadcast

dllrbll7
04-29-2004, 10:53 PM
You guys just here that Homer Simpson quote "Hurry up and lose so we can get out of here!" I dont know if it was on the broadcast or in the stadium but it was hilarius. Wouldnt expect a Toronto fan to play that on the broadcast though when they are losing

Daver
04-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Cubbiesuck13

There is a remote chance of that happening.

Cubbiesuck13
04-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Daver

i'll sign the petition! nothing better than listing to sox fans play by play

dllrbll7
04-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Daver

SWEET!!!

SoxxoS
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
SWEET!!!

Was that a "Dumb and Dumber" referance...b/c "remote" means "not good."

Cubbiesuck13
04-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

whoops, i guess you guys fooled me.

Daver
04-29-2004, 11:04 PM

In this case remote means an improvement over no way in hell.

:bandance:

dllrbll7
04-29-2004, 11:04 PM

Well its still a chance. Its better then them saying they are never goin to do it.

Nick@Nite
04-29-2004, 11:11 PM
While I would have preferred Hawk & DJ, I didn't mind the Blue Jay feed tonight... Cotton Candiotti and the other guy (I didn't catch his name) were low key in their delivery and let the play speak for itself... no hyperbole, no b.s....

I had two windows open during the game; the chat room, then the mlb.tv on top of it... so I could follow the game in real time via the chat room, then follow up the chat with the mlb feed... worked out pretty good, imo.

oh btw, great game, eh!

mann
04-30-2004, 02:45 PM
I thought that that was a great broadcast, second only to getting Hawk. The announcers were alright, nothing special. They got a little excited even when the Sox did something good. If you're watching the game you should know men on base and outs and the count anyway, and are you actually complaining that they didn't show commercials? I think this was the first time I can remember actually seeing the time between innings televised and I loved it. I just want to watch baseball and don't need a lot of flashy things bouncing all over the screen to keep my attention. During the game I had the thought that I might start watching mlb.tv broadcasts of Toronto games in the future just because it's such a relaxing, well-paced way to watch.

joeynach
04-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mann
I thought that that was a great broadcast, second only to getting Hawk. The announcers were alright, nothing special. They got a little excited even when the Sox did something good. If you're watching the game you should know men on base and outs and the count anyway, and are you actually complaining that they didn't show commercials? I think this was the first time I can remember actually seeing the time between innings televised and I loved it. I just want to watch baseball and don't need a lot of flashy things bouncing all over the screen to keep my attention. During the game I had the thought that I might start watching mlb.tv broadcasts of Toronto games in the future just because it's such a relaxing, well-paced way to watch.

Its fun watching commericals from different cities. You get to see how the mccdonalds there has different stuff on the menu than here. Haha.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by joeynach

I'd like that. I always wondered what goes on between innings. Weird, mysterious stuff I presume? :smile:

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Actually, the lack of commercials is kind of a throw back to the days of blackmarket satelite. If you had one, you never saw commercials, just the raw feed. There were some classic moments recorded that way, including the famous Berman and Bryant doing "Little Darling" in two part harmony straight into the camera.

For the record though, the graphic that showed the Blue Jays Defence (sic) was indeed a mistake. Canadian spelling isn't that different, though they do like their extra "U's' :D:

mann
04-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
For the record though, the graphic that showed the Blue Jays Defence (sic) was indeed a mistake. Canadian spelling isn't that different, though they do like their extra "U's' :D:

Not sure about that. British English seems to use "defence" like here: http://www.mod.uk/

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by mann
Not sure about that. British English seems to use "defence" like here: http://www.mod.uk/

Well my source is from Toronto... I didn't bother looking it up. Maybe they were correct.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 07:20 PM
I don't turn to Canadians for grammar (Maple Leafs). Unless that's a British carry-over as well as "defence" and using "ise" instead of "ize."