PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinion

balboner
04-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Even though the comebacks have been great, I feel like they are overshadowing a lot of the problems that the Sox have had this year. Our CF play has been below average this year again. If Ozzie is willing to play Timo, then why not just call up J. Reed? Also, some of the at-bats that Ordonez and Lee have had this year are terrible. Both of them have become rather easy outs as long as you don't make a mistake down the plate.

TaylorStSox
04-29-2004, 08:46 PM
I think there's still some questions about Reed's health. Also, while he's hitting .300+, his SO/BB ratio is somewhat alarming. He's not a natural CF either. It's questionable how much bettter our defense improves with him on the field. Give him time. Let's not waste a year before arbitration until we have to.

Whitesox029
04-29-2004, 10:00 PM
As long as the comebacks continue to overshadow this problem and the Sox continue to get 12 hits per game, we should probably just wait for it to become a real problem.

SEALgep
04-29-2004, 10:02 PM
The D is there, and hopefully the offense will show up a little more. Right now though, I'm not displeased.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-30-2004, 02:22 AM
It's always rough and tumble with these guys. Playing flawless D and coming through at the plate at every chance is impossible. Lee will figure out his slump, walker will help crede shorten his swing and a-row will learn how to catch

hose
04-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Buehrle vs. Halliday tonight will be big for the Sox.

The Sox seem to be one ace short of being a a very solid club.

Dan H
04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
The start is a good one, and the White Sox look like a different club. But there is still cause for concern. My worry is the starting pitching which can be a big problem. Good start or not, the Sox are still looking up at Minnesota.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
The start is a good one, and the White Sox look like a different club. But there is still cause for concern. My worry is the starting pitching which can be a big problem. Good start or not, the Sox are still looking up at Minnesota.

If Minnesota plays like this all year (not likely) and we play like we have, there's nothing we can do--well, except kill ourselves because we'll know we'll never beat them then :smile:

We just have to keep beating the teams we should beat, not throw away games, and winning at home. I'm happy that we finished April well over .500. That could turn out to be the difference if we do indeed have another second-half Sox trademark run. This time it might not be too-little-too-late.

None of us are sweating over a 1.5(?) game deficit in April. I'm glad we don't already need to play catch-up ball to the Twins. We had an okay month, they had an outstanding month and we're right with em.

TDog
04-30-2004, 11:28 AM
What impresses me is the team's character. The team doesn't seem dead any more when it's down after 8 innings. I've watched numerous dreary White Sox Aprils, and this on hasn't looked so bad.

nasox
04-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by hose
Buehrle vs. Halliday tonight will be big for the Sox.

The Sox seem to be one ace short of being a a very solid club.

And a closer IMHO. THis closer by committee thing is not going to work for the rest of the season, and don't give me crap that Koch is our closer. He's not. They lack confidence in him. Maybe he'll emerge as the closer, but for now, closer by committee scares he bejeezus out of me. But, it's only april.....