PDA

View Full Version : *Official*White Sox vs Blue Jays 4/29

owensmouth
04-29-2004, 08:04 PM
If no one else will open this, I will.

voodoochile
04-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks. That's fine. Anyone can start one so long as there is only one.

Of course the cool people are all in
Chat (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450)

delben91
04-29-2004, 08:14 PM
What happened, why isn't Crede in the game?

Nard
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
And why is Lee in?

0-1 with, you guessed it, a popup to shallow center.

Jjav829
04-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by delben91
What happened, why isn't Crede in the game?

He has an upset stomach.

Win1ForMe
04-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Why was Dransfeldt not bunting there? I know he's a good hitter but...

BearSox
04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Is Dransfelt becoming one of those guys who hits better at the major league level than at AAA? This guys been clutch!

Saracen
04-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Is Dransfelt becoming one of those guys who hits better at the major league level than at AAA? This guys been clutch!

Starting to look that way the last couple games.

soxwon
04-29-2004, 10:17 PM
6-4 maggs up two on cardiac crew is beating well

owensmouth
04-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Nice job by Cotts. No runs scored

Mots09
04-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Unreal... This team is probably the most gritty team I have seen in a Sox uniform in years!

and I am loving every minute of it!

GO SOX GO

SoxxoS
04-29-2004, 10:49 PM
:jerry

"Zzzzzzzzzzzz."

owensmouth
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Heeeerrrreeee"s Billy

Hondo
04-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Get your cigarettes out and ready

Daver
04-29-2004, 10:54 PM
:takeittochat

owensmouth
04-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Yessssss!!!!!

SEALgep
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Love how Ozzie gave Koch a pep talk and let him close it out. :smile:

SoxxoS
04-29-2004, 11:01 PM
:winner

cheeses_h_rice
04-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Congratulations to Koch for not blowing the game. He scares the crap out of me with his 91 mph, right-down-the-heart-of-the-plate "fastball," though. That, coupled with his uncanny ability to bean batters when it is least desirable.

Sorry to be so Lip-like after an awesome victory; GO SOX.

:)

Nick@Nite
04-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Congratulations to ELo... wtg big fella.

:eloaiza:
8-0 Sox record in April

Brian26
04-30-2004, 12:10 AM
This team can just look amazing sometimes on offense. What about Kelly Dransfeldt coming through? Who would have thunk it. Uribe continues to play well. Willie still making things happen on offense and defense. Olivo with a poor, poor decision to bunt with one out to get a guy to third. You just have to wonder what's going on in these guys heads sometimes. A good win though. E-Lo rocks in April.

oheeoh...magglio
04-30-2004, 12:16 AM
This team is amazing, finding a new way to win everynight.

Nice win tonight, tomorrow shall be a good test for our offense against Halladay.

nasox
04-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by BearSox

Not to take anything away from our hometown guy and all, but IMHO, he's gotten meatballs to hit. On sunday, the count was 0-2 in the bottom of the ninth and he got a meatball of a fastbal right down the middle of the plate which he then slapped into right field for a single (I was there; the pitcher made a bonehead pitch). The same exact occurance happened today, with Dransfelt making almost the same exact hit on a similar pitch. Hawk and DJ pointed this out and it made me go Deja Vu! Nevertheless, I am grateful for the Clutch hits he has given us when he's played. He has just made our bench that much more deeper.

CHISOXFAN13
04-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by nasox
Not to take anything away from our hometown guy and all, but IMHO, he's gotten meatballs to hit. On sunday, the count was 0-2 in the bottom of the ninth and he got a meatball of a fastbal right down the middle of the plate which he then slapped into right field for a single (I was there; the pitcher made a bonehead pitch). The same exact occurance happened today, with Dransfelt making almost the same exact hit on a similar pitch. Hawk and DJ pointed this out and it made me go Deja Vu! Nevertheless, I am grateful for the Clutch hits he has given us when he's played. He has just made our bench that much more deeper.

Meatball or not, you have to like this guy's approach at the plate/ He's always staying within himself and looking to go to right or right center.

He's been fun to watch at the dish.

SEALgep
04-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by nasox
Not to take anything away from our hometown guy and all, but IMHO, he's gotten meatballs to hit. On sunday, the count was 0-2 in the bottom of the ninth and he got a meatball of a fastbal right down the middle of the plate which he then slapped into right field for a single (I was there; the pitcher made a bonehead pitch). The same exact occurance happened today, with Dransfelt making almost the same exact hit on a similar pitch. Hawk and DJ pointed this out and it made me go Deja Vu! Nevertheless, I am grateful for the Clutch hits he has given us when he's played. He has just made our bench that much more deeper. Give him credit for at least taking advantage of pitchers mistakes. And not only that, both pitches weren't that easy to take the other way, especially the one today. He placed both of them well. Results are the only thing that matters, and right now he looks clutch.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Congratulations to ELo... wtg big fella.

:eloaiza:
8-0 Sox record in April

He's now 18-3 with an ERA around 2.90 (little higher with giving up four in six tonight) lifetime in April.

Dransfeldt is a quality asset to this team. I take back all the rotten things I said in my head.

nasox
04-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Meatball or not, you have to like this guy's approach at the plate/ He's always staying within himself and looking to go to right or right center.

He's been fun to watch at the dish.
Very true, he does show a lot of pateince.

Originally posted by SEALgep
Give him credit for at least taking advantage of pitchers mistakes. And not only that, both pitches weren't that easy to take the other way, especially the one today. He placed both of them well. Results are the only thing that matters, and right now he looks clutch.

This is true, especially the fact that he slapped them into right on hard pitches to do so. I'll give you that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to start to Schoe's Foes equivalent for Dransfelt, I like the guy, just think that he belongs in the minors when Jose comes back. I'm just not jumping on the bandwagon of his. I'll still take his timely clutch hitting anyday! :D: