PDA

View Full Version : Better for Sox if the Sox win it All

na_na_na_na
04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
It's obvious that Winning it all would take the pressure off of us and further under score the curse of the cubs.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-29-2004, 05:03 PM
posting in agreement! The only way to take off the pressure is by winning it all!

jlh0023
04-29-2004, 05:06 PM
amen

MRKARNO
04-29-2004, 05:06 PM
:threadrules:

DaveIsHere
04-29-2004, 05:07 PM
THanks for at least posting about the Sox in a Sox forum, unlike the similiar thread about the flubs......many happy handshakes fella

NSSoxFan2
04-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Totally agree with this thread. So many people try to over-analyze the attendance issues, but what many don't realize is that if the Sox win the world series, there will be no more issues.

I point out to the fact that the Marlins had 250 season ticket holders last year, compared to this year of about 9,000. Hmmm....

mweflen
04-29-2004, 05:11 PM
there's a phrase that springs to mind... is starts with "No" and ends with "Sherlock." I can't quite recall the 4-letter word inbetween...

NSSoxFan2
04-29-2004, 05:13 PM
yea, very good!

JohnJeter
04-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Paifully obvious and rehashed umpteen times on this forum. . .like so many other topics.

voodoochile
04-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
Paifully obvious and rehashed umpteen times on this forum. . .like so many other topics.

And your point is? Must be nice to be so freaking perfect and all knowing too.

:thispostsucks

Man, I wish there were a tag for that...

NSSoxFan2
04-29-2004, 07:13 PM
amen to that one voodoo!

Railsplitter
04-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by mweflen
there's a phrase that springs to mind... is starts with "No" and ends with "Sherlock." I can't quite recall the 4-letter word inbetween...

Rain?
Snow?
Warm?
Cold?

All kidding aside, aside would the Sox get any sympathy from any other prt of the country? I know I went for the Angels in the 2002 Series becuase that would get them, even perhaps for a short time, out of the Dodgers' shadow.

IlliniSox
04-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by NSSoxFan2
amen to that one voodoo!

Word to yo mother.

JohnJeter
04-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And your point is? Must be nice to be so freaking perfect and all knowing too.

:thispostsucks

Man, I wish there were a tag for that...

My point is "Painfully obvious and rehashed umpteen times on this forum. . .like so many other topics."

Why so defensive? Is it not true?

WWIII
04-30-2004, 11:02 AM
When the Sox do make the run for the Series this year, do you think we will get the same recognition as the Red Sox and Cubs got last year for the amount of time between the last World Series we won and this one?

JohnJeter
04-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Y'know, that's possible! The only shame of it is that's the ONLY way the Sox will get that sort of recognition. Other Sox and Cubbies get it by falling out of bed.

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JohnJeter
My point is "Painfully obvious and rehashed umpteen times on this forum. . .like so many other topics."

Why so defensive? Is it not true?

Get tired of watching people say, "boring. Been there done that."

Say something new or stop whining...

The whining is older than the topic, IMO and it adds exactly NOTHING to the conversation except moral superiority.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Get tired of watching people say, "boring. Been there done that."

Say something new or stop whining...

The whining is older than the topic, IMO and it adds exactly NOTHING to the conversation except moral superiority.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're always putting up tags in threads you don't like, which is no different from what jeter said in this one, really.

voodoochile
04-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're always putting up tags in threads you don't like, which is no different from what jeter said in this one, really.

And your point is?

I didn't say I was going to do anything about it. It wasn't a warning. I was merely defending the thread which is my right too.

There is also a difference between saying a thread sucks (which some really really do) and whining about forum content.

I also think JJ missed the thread this one was in direct reply to which had already been moved when he weighed in.

If you miss the buildup, then you shouldn't be surprised when you don't get the joke.

batmanZoSo
04-30-2004, 06:31 PM
And your point is?

I didn't say I was going to do anything about it. It wasn't a warning. I was merely defending the thread which is my right too.

There is also a difference between saying a thread sucks (which some really really do) and whining about forum content.

I also think JJ missed the thread this one was in direct reply to which had already been moved when he weighed in.

If you miss the buildup, then you shouldn't be surprised when you don't get the joke.

I know this thread was in response to the other one titled something like "cubs winning it all would be good for us"...and JJ probably missed it. But I thought you came down hard on him. It's not like complaints about forum content is uncommon (NAAT,etc).

jordan23ventura
04-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by WWIII
When the Sox do make the run for the Series this year, do you think we will get the same recognition as the Red Sox and Cubs got last year for the amount of time between the last World Series we won and this one?

The media looks for a story in everything. If we make the playoffs, we'll most likely face either the Angels, Yanks, or BoSox. The Yanks are old and the Angels spent a ton of money and have high expectations of them in addition to the fact that they've done it before. The BoSox are the only team that would get more sympathy imo, because we all know how much "curses" attract people's attention.

No matter who we face we will probably be seen as underdogs which is exactly what happened to the Cubs last season. If we win, and we win it all, it would be the story of the year without a doubt.

BTW, why does everyone act like the Cubs will always be the favorites? All they have to do is have another losing season and they'll be the team that's holding Mark Prior's career back.